Team-BHP - Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/15813-rust-pieces-pics-disintegrating-classic-vintage-cars-16.html)

An old AUSTIN OF ENGLAND lying in dadar parsee colony.....

it is in comparatively good condition though....havent seen it move from that place in god knows how long.....

i remember seeing two austin of england one similar to the above and another a hatch with jay and mcl here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYRUS43 (Post 493950)
An old AUSTIN OF ENGLAND lying in dadar parsee colony.....it is in comparatively good condition though....havent seen it move from that place in god knows how long.....

It sure looks roadworthy enough....(atleast for what I'd expect of a car sitting unused for ages in Bbay climate!)....could be ideal for someone wanting to start off with a classic! If you've any means of getting to meet the owners...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYRUS43 (Post 493940)
sorry for the above mistake.....it aint austin super 10...its standard super 10....i was immeresed in an austin pic hence the mistake.....

Sorry Cyrus, but the green car aint a Super 10 either.....its an early/mid 50s Standard 8 (8hp engine), which was later upgraded to 10hp & thereafter renamed as Standard 10, followed by a cosmetically decked up version called the Super 10.......the 8 is VERY RARE, this is probably (& unfortunately!) the only known example in India....note how the "boot" of this car is much smaller than that of the later '10' models! Which explains the luggage roof-rack...:)
I'd also seen this car with Karl when I was in Pune last year.....looked much worse than it looks here....!

And the burnt 10 above is actually a Standard Pennant, very confusing since it was badged as '10' only in India....!
You may know that Karl has one too (in MUCH better condition of course! ;) )

hey cyrus im pretty sure ive loaded those pics myself a long time back when I shot them...the standards that is.

Came across this 50s Merc. Ponton languishing at a bodywork garage here, close to where my fiat is getting painted.....the owner'd given it to be done up but never took interest in pursuing it thereafter.....also the engine has been taken out; I'm told the owner has it at home.....and it was his father's car, so he never wants to sell........sound familiar?

The metre console doesnt look original to me.....dash has added on switches & of course the omnipresent Ampere guage...!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 504680)
The metre console doesnt look original to me.....dash has added on switches & of course the omnipresent Ampere guage...!

Great find! Thats the original Meter console. See below.

Thanks for the clarification! Uh, so looking at your pic., I guess the steering wheel (of the junked car) is not original....? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 504834)
Thanks for the clarification! Uh, so looking at your pic., I guess the steering wheel (of the junked car) is not original....? :)

It may or may not be. But it definitely is a genuine Mercedes item. Through the model cycle it is likely that the design of things like the steering wheel would've been freshened up.

Yup I knew it is a Merc. wheel......looks like a later model (60s-early 70s? As per Gogi's car...?)....but I like the look of the original (as in your pic.) one better!

I am unable to recognise this classic.

All I know is that its a VW.

shreeram this looks like a standard herald i guess. cant be a karman ghia for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreeram (Post 510799)
I am unable to recognise this classic.

All I know is that its a VW.

Im surprised this car is still around. Its a VW type 3, with a well executed chop top. She used to stand at the workshop behind the Jungli Maharaj Rd Petrol Pump. A very complete car at one point, I had noticed major chunks of the car being removed. I thought they were scrapping the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 510886)
shreeram this looks like a standard herald i guess. cant be a karman ghia for sure

I guess you got confused because of the rear axle? ;)

Here's A VW Camper