Team-BHP - Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/15813-rust-pieces-pics-disintegrating-classic-vintage-cars-23.html)

This is a morris minor('51 i think) @ cochin. the car was in quite good shape when it came to this garage.It ven came with a spare engine. It only needed paint and interior trim work. At that time i offered him an amount which he laughed off and asked an absolutely idiotic amount which i refused.
And then a year or so later, i offered another amount which too was laffed off sayin he was goin to restore it! and now look what it is like! i feel like kicking the old guy everytime i see him!

jayd the car does not look in a bad shape it has primar on the the car. what is the interior condition of the car. according to me it is a restoreable car. you could go ahead and buy it. if you look around you might find another vintage or classic.
P.S. have posted your request on indian made classic cars. sorry dont know how to add links. also my picture gallery has the caddy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 543623)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 543613)
if you were 14 i dont blame your father for not takeing you seriously. when my brother and me started collecting cars my father thought the both of us had lost our minds. but even my father being extremly fond of cars owned quite a few in his hay days understood us and never stopped us. missed quite a few cars in family discussions.

My father still thinks I'm a nut job!! So does my Wife-Brother-Mom. Dad, coz he's fond of cars (its hereditary) sometimes understands but the rest of the family think I'm possessed by the ghost of a scrap dealer.:D

Ahh!! Finally! some company!!lol: . now.. several long years on.. things are starting to look brighter here!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 543693)
My father still thinks I'm a nut job!! So does my Wife-Brother-Mom. Dad, coz he's fond of cars (its hereditary) sometimes understands but the rest of the family think I'm possessed by the ghost of a scrap dealer.:D

Well considering the fact that your Dad has NO clue as to how many cars you actually own, I don't think that's too bad Gogi bhai! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 543706)
Well considering the fact that your Dad has NO clue as to how many cars you actually own, I don't think that's too bad Gogi bhai! :p

Do I sense a tone of threat (to tell my dad):D
Seriously, he'll freak out if he knew!!

Quote:

Funny how most of our families seem to think the same way bout us! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 543646)
jayd the car does not look in a bad shape it has primar on the the car. what is the interior condition of the car. according to me it is a restoreable car. you could go ahead and buy it.

Yes provided the owner has come to a more reasonable amount by now atleast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 543708)
Do I sense a tone of threat (to tell my dad):D
Seriously, he'll freak out if he knew!!

Arrey nahin, nahin! I still want a ride in your cars yaar :D :D

Quote:

the rest of the family think I'm possessed by the ghost of a scrap dealer.:D

my mother still thinks my brother has started a scrap business on the side. my mother has only seen the cadillac, packard and the 170v. she thinks we only have these three cars. if she does pop her head in the office and sees a new vintage standing outside the garage her normal reaction is why you got this salvage here. man if she ever walks into the garage my brother and me would need a new home. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogi
...the rest of the family think I'm possessed by the ghost of a scrap dealer.

rl: ROTFLMAO!!!! rl:

Saw this Ford Falcon rusting away.

GS you beat me to it was just uploading this very cars pictures. the right door left open and the boot contains part of the exhaust. if you noticed the interiors of the car the meters are still intact. surprised how the athorities have not towed away a car standing in such bad shape and that too on the foothpath.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 543878)
GS you beat me to it was just uploading this very cars pictures. the right door left open and the boot contains part of the exhaust. if you noticed the interiors of the car the meters are still intact. surprised how the athorities have not towed away a car standing in such bad shape and that too on the foothpath.

;) You can still upload the pictures speedy, they must be from different angles. You can post the pictures of the rear and interiors if you clicked it. I didn't see the interiors, just clicked these two pics.

here are the pictures of the same ford falcon

You didn't take any interior pics?