Team-BHP - Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/15813-rust-pieces-pics-disintegrating-classic-vintage-cars-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 516500)
I passed this area many times on my recent trip to Hyderabad, though I didnt notice it anywhere. Shyam, could you sniff around and let us know?
Cheers.

Haha, ever since I've read the last post from Mr. Dhabar I've switched myself into sniffer mode already! ;)
Btw, thanks for the directions Mr. D, I'm now determined to go there asap! And yes, definitely hope we meet if you're coming on the 4th!

Anyways, the other person (who first told me about probably the same car) as I'd mentioned was Rashid Mody....he goes to the Balanagar side almost regularly to get some bushes fabricated....
I'd even checked out a white mk1 Herald parked outside a house there once...around last year.....immaculate but with a 10/Super 10 horn button & a later date (90s) regn...'hope she's still kept the same!

There are some Standards,fiats n many more lying in a mansion next to shoppers stop in begumpet. there garage is also housing some other cars
mostly eating rust...........

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 517403)
There are some Standards,fiats n many more lying in a mansion next to shoppers stop in begumpet. there garage is also housing some other cars
mostly eating rust...........

What state...please improvise

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 517403)
There are some Standards,fiats n many more lying in a mansion next to shoppers stop in begumpet. there garage is also housing some other cars mostly eating rust...........

Yes thats the famous Alladin mansion, belongs to a Nawab family who also own an ice factory in Sec'bad somewhere near Ajanta theatre...from what I could see they've got 2 Gazels, a green one & a beige one (Madras regn.) & I think 2 Morris Minors & a couple of later cars viz. a (Fiat padmini)....I've known the Gazels & the Minors since 1999, they all used to be sitting in the front yard of the house (pretty much in the same state) for ages......the green Gazel strangely had its front windscreen broken one day....then finally a few years ago they were all relocated to the back of the house where they can be still seen from the lane beside shopper's stop....my mech. knew the owner (the nawab) as the latter used to get his green Gazel (which he'd bought new) fixed by him....the cars all look very complete & seemingly still in their original paint but sadly all junking away lying there in the open all these years!
I was told the owner had passed away & his children werent interested to maintain all these cars...all the same, I'm told they dont ever want to sell any of them to anyone.....sound familiar? And even otherwise, the cars would be sadly far too gone to restore by now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by R32_GTR (Post 517721)
What state...please improvise

Yahin-ich apne Hyderabad mein yaaru! ;)
Well not a state though....:P
But forget it, as I said, those cars are not for sale and even so they are not worth having anymore!

Saw this recently in a garage at B'lore...three are three Mercs and a Rover Montero, two of the Merc is 123 series & other one 115 series...the 123 with KL-7 regn is a accident & complaint free car, but the owner has not come yet to take back the car..since then its here...

Shot with 6233 at 2007-07-31

Early 70s Fiat 1100 Delight just before being scrapped.....we managed to get quite a few parts off it in time! Too bad we couldnt take the side-trim though...all get plucked off soon as the cars arrive there...!

The infamous Padmini Safari.....also in line for scrap....this is an '81 mdoel I was told.....not very original although bodily very tidy & definitely roadworthy...

would anyone know of any vintage or american muscle cars that are for sale would surely like to own one.

A mini...
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00163af8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00164jt0.jpg

karlos want to know which area are the ford anglia and the morris 8 in brother. if you could pm me the addresses. been looking for the ford anglia for long

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 437413)
OK guys, back with more pics........here's a very original (barring the hubcaps...ugghhh!) 60s Morris Oxford A60 Farina parked at a local scrapyard waiting for its turn to be broken!
I'd seen this car sitting outside someone's house once, around a month ago....but didnt get to take any pics. of it then......pity it ended up here!

This is my mech. who told me about this car.....he kinda liked it so wanted to pose for a pic. with it!

stanher any news on this car? did it get scrapped or saved? do let me know i would be interested. thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 535947)
karlos want to know which area are the ford anglia and the morris 8 in brother. if you could pm me the addresses. been looking for the ford anglia for long

You're in luck, theres a nice looking Anglia for sale in Goa, with a parts car.

eBay India: 1 FORD ANGLIA 1962,2 DOORS BICOLOUR+1 as spare parts (item 120151673482 end time 25-Aug-2007 13:39:16 IST)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kutlee (Post 534544)

Kutlee, where is that Mini shot? Im quite sure its not in India, likely to be in the UK.

Theres another Anglia for sale in Goa by "our friend" the vintage lover. CAn ask him if u want it speedy.

karlos, gogi bhai i saw the car on ebay. the guy is selling a doner car as well with it. am in talks with him. i was also asking about the picture that was shot in pune.
karlos ishan has a surprise for you.