Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 01:36   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
gogi bhai my condolences for the 115 may its soul rest in peace or peices.
cant you get new papers made for the car?
i'm sure there must be some way of saveing it. check with the scrappers when the car goes there you could get it cheaper
Dont think I can get the car cheaper at the scrappers Abhi. These guys are all hand in glove and they can make a whole lot more money ifthe car is dismantled (Heartless twits)
re papers, i think we all know and agree that east or west, legal is the best.
Old 30th August 2007, 01:45   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Dont think I can get the car cheaper at the scrappers Abhi. These guys are all hand in glove and they can make a whole lot more money ifthe car is dismantled (Heartless twits)
re papers, i think we all know and agree that east or west, legal is the best.
trust me our ford console came cheaper at the scrapper then with the owner. you just have to keep an eye out for it before it gets to the scrappers den.
with you legal is the best but like they say agar ghee seedhi ungli se na nikle to unglee tedi karni padti hain( if it does not come the straight way you have to go crooked) how do you like my intrpertation guys .
Old 30th August 2007, 09:34   #453
Senior - BHPian

OHMIGOD! How could anybody do such a thing to the 115. As usual the price battle has happened here too eh?? Even i'm facing the same problem!! Gogi bhai, if my negotiations are successful,ur scrapper may be needing a visit! (u know why right??)
Old 30th August 2007, 09:35   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's beyond salvage man! Thank God either of you did not get dragged into this project boys! It would have been a nightmare to restore this one.
It would make a good parts car though as it seems very complete......so Gogi if you did get to see it before it got scrapped you could arrange to take whatever parts you find good on it.....'hopefully they'd be reasonable with those!

Quote:
again! Its the same in case of even cars like fiats!
Old 30th August 2007, 15:47   #455
Senior - BHPian

jayd first find out everything in detail and when you are satisfied go ahead with the purchase. i am sure gogi bhai will do the needfull.

stanher i agree that everyone is hand in glove but you need to reach the car midway before it reaches the scrapper. i got the ford consol for 10 grand and a citrone for 15grand. the citron was for 45grand and ford for 50grand from the owner. so maybe i got lucky. both cars i stopped on the tempo before they reached the destination.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:18   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
stanher i agree that everyone is hand in glove but you need to reach the car midway before it reaches the scrapper. i got the ford consol for 10 grand and a citrone for 15grand. the citron was for 45grand and ford for 50grand from the owner. so maybe i got lucky. both cars i stopped on the tempo before they reached the destination.
Wow, good for you man! But yeah, as you say maybe yo did get lucky!
Unless the scrappies had bought the above cars for even less than what you paid for them there is no way you could've got them so cheap as 10-15k is pretty much the same price what a scrapwala would offer for a car.....believe it or not, here they buy fiats for even upto 20k as they are able to make a profit selling just the engine/gearbox/diff. to 'parties' in Bbay etc. They go to the owners mostly posing as prospective buyers looking for a used car or as dealers, thats how even many nearly pristine cars end up with these guys!
Old 30th August 2007, 17:14   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
jayd first find out everything in detail and when you are satisfied go ahead with the purchase. i am sure gogi bhai will do the needfull.
Yes speedy! i'm constantly updating both f u on th developements, and only then wil i go ahead!
Old 30th August 2007, 17:42   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Unless the scrappies had bought the above cars for even less than what you paid for them there is no way you could've got them so cheap as 10-15k is pretty much the same price what a scrapwala would offer for a car.....believe it or not, here they buy fiats for even upto 20k as they are able to make a profit selling just the engine/gearbox/diff. to 'parties' in Bbay etc. They go to the owners mostly posing as prospective buyers looking for a used car or as dealers, thats how even many nearly pristine cars end up with these guys!
the scrappers have to pay parking charges and that is why they dismantle the cars at the earliest. i dont know what the scrappers paid for the cars as long as i got it cheap. i gave my citron to a person in andheri who collects citrons and i hope he has restored it and takes care of the car. the ford is still with me.
tell me about the profit they make i paid a bomb for parts for my 230c from a scrapper. he had a petrol 123 LHD and i bought everything diffrencial, brakes levers handles, mirrors, shockups, wheels, steering wheel unit and the chrome patti's. some of the parts did not fit as my 230c is a 2dr. but what the hell i got spares for my 240d. so i did not mind it. later i found another 123 with BBS type wheels in junk the only thing good was the wheels everything else was ruined so i offered to give my extra wheels and some money to the owner and take those but i had no luck. later the car went to the scrapper and he was asking 20 thousand for the wheels alone.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:34   #459
BHPian

I agree with Speedy , most of the time we can get a better price from the scrappers if contacted in time . The owner - for whatever reason - has decided , his car is worthy , only to be scrapped and that is the price he sells to the scrappers at . The scrappers , though they may not be the best of people , (but they are a source of many vintage tales ) normally do not sell at an unreasonable price , unless the buyer is very gullible.
Old 31st August 2007, 00:16   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
The scrappers , though they may not be the best of people , (but they are a source of many vintage tales ) normally do not sell at an unreasonable price , unless the buyer is very gullible.
my father had told me a story of a bentley 8 litre being brought to the scrappers to be broken down by a very wealthy person because of a family dispute. this is when my father had just started college. the scrapper being a smart person who understood cars and their value put the car to the side and broke another car and somehow convinced the owner who really did not care much as long as the car was broken. the scrapper then sold the car for rs 3500 and that was the price of a second hand car in its time and the brand new car price for other lesser models. the buyer of the car was my father. the car is now with mr bhogilal in his collection.
Old 31st August 2007, 00:31   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
OHMIGOD! How could anybody do such a thing to the 115. As usual the price battle has happened here too eh?? Even i'm facing the same problem!! Gogi bhai, if my negotiations are successful,ur scrapper may be needing a visit! (u know why right??)
Anytime JayD but 115 parts are available for a dime a dozen. Tell me what you need, it can be sourced out from here and there are some spare parts shops here who even have the original, brand new parts for 115s. As i had mentioned earlier, diesel engine parts are more easily available than petrol ones, so dont worry but please take your time buying a 115, dont get coned into getting a lemon for a high price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
It would make a good parts car though as it seems very complete......so Gogi if you did get to see it before it got scrapped you could arrange to take whatever parts you find good on it.....'hopefully they'd be reasonable with those!

again! Its the same in case of even cars like fiats!
Well I had initially thought of buying it as a parts car but I dont need any parts for my 115, so i decided to restore it.
Why im saying that this car cannot be bought cheaper from the scrapper is that according to the heartless mechanic, he already has a deal with the scrapper for an X amount. He wants me to pay him that amount to save the car. That amount i found too high, especially for a scrapper paying it. So i decuided to back off. The car I believe is still there. Ill check tomorrow and tell you guys.
Old 31st August 2007, 09:55   #462
Senior - BHPian

Gogi bhai, these are for u! more pix of the jeep, and also, i found that it still has its front 4wd mechanism...

Last edited by JayD : 31st August 2007 at 09:56.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:09   #463
Senior - BHPian

jayD this jeep doesnt look that bad why did you post it here?even the paint is fine
is it totally abandoned? or waiting o get scraped in this condition?
Old 31st August 2007, 11:38   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
jayD this jeep doesnt look that bad why did you post it here?even the paint is fine
is it totally abandoned? or waiting o get scraped in this condition?

No .... actually its neither, i think i posted it in the wrong thread. i'd gone to this place to check some cars for sale(check earlier posts) and saw this there. Itz not been used for a while, and v-16 wanted some pics of it. So just posted it in this thread itself!
Old 31st August 2007, 12:16   #465
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice.
How come it is right-hand drive?
The blackout parking lights
and also the folding roof bows
look non-original, home-made, but nicely executed though.
And something seems weird about the openable panes of the folding windshield. They're too thick.
The bumper is non-original. It is also missing the hole for the starting crank.
The side footstep is wrong. Willys MBs never had 'em.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks