Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 14:02   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
speedy I would love to restore it provided I get it real cheap from the impound. I would also like to know why its in the impound.
trust me you would get the car real cheap like you go with four friends for dinner. damage would be the same. why it has been impounded would be able to answer that after i have a word with the cops. sometimes the impound lot is shared between the cops and the road athorities. maybe the car was standing on the road for long and no one to claim it and has been impounded.
raphael address pls.
Old 27th August 2007, 14:10   #377
Senior - BHPian

this is a merc 200 6o's model

Old 27th August 2007, 17:21   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Aww speedy, what a pity that even a Merc. had to end up like this!
This in Bbay or Delhi??

Last edited by Stanher : 27th August 2007 at 17:23.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:26   #379
Senior - BHPian

i know stanher i think the guy wants to sell the car. its a pity.

here is a baby hindustan

Old 27th August 2007, 18:47   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
rapheal it does look like a 1970's Ford Maverick. It had an inline 6 cylinder producing 75 bhp. In 1970 "Grabber" Package was introduced but it was more of a trim package. In December 1970 V8 models were introduced.

Ram you owned a 1974 Maverick 4 door. Please tell us more about this particular Maverick in the picture. Is it a V8 or inline 6? I think this car can be restored.

6 cyl producing 75bhp???
Old 27th August 2007, 18:51   #381
Senior - BHPian

I think the merc was junked due to want of parts, check out the 118NE tail lamps! SAD!
Old 27th August 2007, 19:08   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
6 cyl producing 75bhp???
Yes JayD, I remember reading it somewhere.

Inline 6, 75 BHP
Displacement - 200.0 CU IN

I am not able to find where I read it but I am providing another link, you can have a look. Many changes were made between 1970 -1977 ( in 1977 production of Maverick was stopped). V8 was also introduced which gave out around 210 bhp.

This website has Maverick and Comet year to year time line:
Maverick / Comet Timeline 1970-1977

This is Ram's page, you will see his 4 door Maverick here. He has mentioned 84 bhp/ 200 CU.IN -
Automobiles
Old 27th August 2007, 20:03   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The Garbage dump Ford looks like a 46 Ford Mercury/Super.
It would be very disturbing for you to see this car die a little everyday and im sure if anyone went to the owner and offered to buy it, he/she would flatly refuse Some people I tell you!!
Hello V 16 ,

The Ford Super V 8 is "lawaris" thats why it still exists , in the condition it is in .

Here is a 6 cylinder Minx , offered the owner Rs 15,000 for this car 2 years back , he preferred to sell it last year to the scrappers for Rs 7000 and another Austin for Rs 5000, false pride I guess.

I got the shock absorbers from the scrapper for Rs 1000 but the engine block had already been chopped up .

The car as it would have looked post restoration

Old 27th August 2007, 20:21   #384
BHPian

maybe the car was standing on the road for long and no one to claim it and has been impounded.
raphael address pls.[/quote]

you are right about this , it was uncliamed for quiet some time ohh and the car is still where the pic was shot.. by impound i didn't mean it was moved into a closed lot like in other countries , its very much the same place it was earlier and with it there are many other intresting cars u'll be able to see there.
Old 27th August 2007, 20:23   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the merc was junked due to want of parts, check out the 118NE tail lamps! SAD!
the car is in bad shape and the car was not junked due to want of parts but due to the ignorance of the garage person. the owner it seems has no clue about cars and did not want to spend money and junked it.

GS saw the maverick it is in a reasonalbly bad shape and it is a 6 cylinder engine. the spoiler is a new spoiler that you would see on the esteems and not the original one. must admit though it looks good with the spoiler. it has twin exhausts.
Old 28th August 2007, 09:51   #386
BHPian

the ford super 8 would havebeen abeautiful car, i wonder who may have owned it? whatdoes lawais mean? thx raj
Old 28th August 2007, 11:46   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
here are the pictures of the same ford falcon

actually this has not been out on the road for very long,just a few months now, it was in a covered garage in the pink house just ahead on the left. i think they wanted to use the garage as commercial space, so the car was put out, but due to the sealing drive in delhi, that hasnt happened.the car was absolutely complete, but now the tail lamp is broken and has started going down.its an australian ford i believe.
Old 28th August 2007, 14:37   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
actually this has not been out on the road for very long,just a few months now, it was in a covered garage in the pink house just ahead on the left. i think they wanted to use the garage as commercial space, so the car was put out, but due to the sealing drive in delhi, that hasnt happened.the car was absolutely complete, but now the tail lamp is broken and has started going down.its an australian ford i believe.
awini i have been seeing the car in this condition for almost a year now. my aunt stays close by and to go to the market i used to cross the car.
yes on inquireing i did find that the car had a closed parking and was well kept. the interiors of the car are not missing anything all meters intact. with every passing day the car is deteriorating further.
Old 28th August 2007, 16:29   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a morris minor('51 i think) @ cochin. the car was in quite good shape when it came to this garage.It ven came with a spare engine. It only needed paint and interior trim work. At that time i offered him an amount which he laughed off and asked an absolutely idiotic amount which i refused.
And then a year or so later, i offered another amount which too was laffed off sayin he was goin to restore it! and now look what it is like! i feel like kicking the old guy everytime i see him!

Hey guys, today i'm goin down to the place and making him another offer. Do u think this car is orth restoring. I don't have a ny prior exerience, so will this make a good project?? and what price can i py for this? a quick reply will be appreciated as i can mke a quote based on you suggestions.
Old 28th August 2007, 16:56   #390
Senior - BHPian

i havent seen morris minor being sold for more tham 25-40 thousand Rs(maximum) as yet(i mean the unrestored)but it depends on owners interest and knowledge
and i think it is easier to restore this car than any other i can think of as most of the parts are hindustan motors i dont know the total price...
but like i said before ,i havent seen anybody paying more than 25-35 thousand for this car in this condition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks