Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 20:40   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Sorry Speedy!! it was in the Camry class, AND, it was a well built very dependable daily runner from Australia, and not Common mans car in India!!
uncle we were talking about the cars class abroad and not in india. please could you shed some light on this. thank you
Old 26th August 2007, 21:00   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i found a newer model of this car(looks like a recent model but might not be the latest) in bangalore white in colour..i dont which segment it belongs to...can you tell me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
uncle we were talking about the cars class abroad and not in india. please could you shed some light on this. thank you
speedy because AMATMO saw a Falcon (recent model) in Banglore, he wanted to know which segment it would belong to if compared to other cars like Camry/Superb/ 3 Series/ C Class that are sold here. Even if you talk about abroad then Falcon is priced higher then the Camry in NZ. You can check out their respective websites for further technical specifications/ prices.

In the last post AMATMO said-
Quote:
well speedy i wanted some information and history of the model you have posted....and since i had spotted a newer version i was curious to know the importance of this car and which segment it belongs (what cars it competes with) cause i have always believed it too be a D-segment
and after looking at it i would certainly prefer it over an accord
Old 26th August 2007, 21:24   #363
Senior - BHPian

GS we both are on different pages here. if you see amatmo's post he mentions " i wanted some information and history of the model you have posted" so i gave my input of the car we posted. you talk of the newer car and i said i would have to look into it.
this is my opinioun of the car and i may be wrong.

Last edited by speedy : 26th August 2007 at 21:25. Reason: more information
Old 26th August 2007, 21:32   #364
BHPian

Quote:
my bad but i still wont consider it in the same class as a camry/ a4/ 3 series/ c-class. it is a nice car to drive and comfortable but it still has something lacking.amatmo has also mentioned that the car looks like a recent model but it might not be the latest. if it would be the latest one i would think again.
i thought he wanted to know in its time the falcon we posted could be compared to the following cars of today. likes of the camry/ c- class/ 3 series etc.
Quote:
well speedy i wanted some information and history of the model you have posted....and since i had spotted a newer version i was curious to know the importance of this car and which segment it belongs (what cars it competes with) cause i have always believed it too be a D-segment
and after looking at it i would certainly prefer it over an accord
Quote:
GS we both are on different pages here. if you see amatmo's post he mentions " i wanted some information and history of the model you have posted" so i gave my input of the car we posted. you talk of the newer car and i said i would have to look into it.
this is my opinioun of the car and i may be wrong.
He wanted some info on Ford Falcon that we posted and since he saw a newer version, he wanted to know in which segment it (the newer version) would fall. Please read the line in bold.
Old 26th August 2007, 21:44   #365
Senior - BHPian

buddy why are we wasteing our time on a topic that is old now. amatmo has got his answer and the two of us are going on and on. you are right in your judgement and i am in mine. so lets move on cause we are going to reach nowhere. thanks
Old 26th August 2007, 21:58   #366
BHPian

Quote:
buddy why are we wasteing our time on a topic that is old now. amatmo has got his answer and the two of us are going on and on. you are right in your judgement and i am in mine. so lets move on cause we are going to reach nowhere. thanks
No topic is old for discussion mate and I don't consider it as a waste of time. Somewhere I thought that you got confused with what amatmo wanted to know, so I tried to explain it to you. But it seems that my explanation was not good enough. Anyway like you said amatmo got his answer, we should move on.
Old 26th August 2007, 22:10   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
No topic is old for discussion mate and I don't consider it as a waste of time. Somewhere I thought that you got confused with what amatmo wanted to know, so I tried to explain it to you. But it seems that my explanation was not good enough. Anyway like you said amatmo got his answer, we should move on.
no topic is old for discussion or a waste of time but confusion with more confusion adds to big confusion if you get my point. so i would rather leave it with the confusion then go on. i think you would agree with me. the whole thing sort of jumbled in the head. your explaination was good enough but when things are jumbled in the head you dont think straight thats all.
Old 26th August 2007, 23:40   #368
Senior - BHPian

The Garbage dump Ford looks like a 46 Ford Mercury/Super.
It would be very disturbing for you to see this car die a little everyday and im sure if anyone went to the owner and offered to buy it, he/she would flatly refuse Some people I tell you!!
Old 26th August 2007, 23:51   #369
Senior - BHPian

sorry .. to waste your time guys but actually i had got the required information from both of you long back thanks for it, i appreciate the trouble you guys took...but even i didnt understand what was so confusing about my statement that made you two quarrel...i apologise for the trouble i caused..i was busy so couldn't let you know that either
(it was fun though)

i better be very specific while posting the next time

Last edited by AMATMO : 26th August 2007 at 23:55.
Old 27th August 2007, 00:04   #370
BHPian

hi all,
i found this car near by my house. currently in the police impound, no one knows who owns it or where its from there are no badges on it, i m thinking it looks like the 1970 Ford Maverick
allthough i m not sure of what it is ... any suggestions as to which car is it?

the poor thing has just past away...long time ago.

regds
rahul

Old 27th August 2007, 01:14   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The Garbage dump Ford looks like a 46 Ford Mercury/Super.
It would be very disturbing for you to see this car die a little everyday and im sure if anyone went to the owner and offered to buy it, he/she would flatly refuse Some people I tell you!!
bhai the car is a ford falcon saw it up close. the car belongs to some royal family who do not care much about cars this was told to me by ishan. i am sure too if someone approached them they would flatly refuse to sell it.

Quote:
sorry but even i didnt understand what was so confusing about my statement that made you two quarrel...i apologise for the trouble i caused..i was busy so couldn't let you know that either
(it was fun though)
it was all about the picture posted and your mentioning about the new one u saw and the class it came in. did not know which one you talking about. GS thought new and i old so there was no quarrel but confusion. you dont need to be sorry for anything it was all healthy and no one was quarreling. GS was trying to make me understand and in my confusion i could not that all.
atleast we provided some entertainment and made you laugh
Old 27th August 2007, 13:33   #372
BHPian

rapheal it does look like a 1970's Ford Maverick. It had an inline 6 cylinder producing 75 bhp. In 1970 "Grabber" Package was introduced but it was more of a trim package. In December 1970 V8 models were introduced.

Ram you owned a 1974 Maverick 4 door. Please tell us more about this particular Maverick in the picture. Is it a V8 or inline 6? I think this car can be restored.
Old 27th August 2007, 13:42   #373
Senior - BHPian

Well the tyres on the car are pretty recent, wonder when it was abandoned. And is that your M-Class in the front Rapheal? Or is it too in the police impound?
Old 27th August 2007, 13:46   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
rapheal it does look like a 1970's Ford Maverick. It had an inline 6 cylinder producing 75 bhp. In 1970 "Grabber" Package was introduced but it was more of a trim package. In December 1970 V8 models were introduced.

Ram you owned a 1974 Maverick 4 door. Please tell us more about this particular Maverick in the picture. Is it a V8 or inline 6? I think this car can be restored.
it sure does look like a ford maverick. the other car that i was telling you about is a ford cortina two door in the same colour checked it out both cars are different
GS this perticular car can be restored and am sure would be a good runner. if you want to take it as a project you would get it cheap from the impound. the floorboard of the car is finished would require attention you can see the ground from inside the car. flintstone style incase you run out of fuel use your feet.
RAM would need your inputs in this.
ishan TYRE WALLAH has spoken. it is an ml in front of the car. these pictures look before it was taken to the impound. photographed on the footpath.

Last edited by speedy : 27th August 2007 at 13:52. Reason: information missing
Old 27th August 2007, 13:55   #375
BHPian

Quote:
GS this perticular car can be restored and am sure would be a good runner. if you want to take it as a project you would get it cheap from the impound.
RAM would need your inputs in this.
speedy I would love to restore it provided I get it real cheap from the impound. I would also like to know why its in the impound.

speedy yes there is a ML in front of this car but it seems like this maverick has been lying there in the PS for sometime now, look at the tyres.

Last edited by -GS- : 27th August 2007 at 13:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks