Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 17:25   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
i dont think so see the back
thats coz the pic uve put up is a fastback with dog seat...

How much its worth in present state? Hahahaha....wat can i say? good one!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 4th July 2007 at 17:26.
Old 4th July 2007, 18:23   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Gogi, I am sure these cars would command junk value to pick up. The meters were there and the upholstery is non existent. Also I forgot to mention that the car had some cut out on the roof which looked like a Sun roof option. It is going to be one heck of a restoration and I am sure you can pull it off. Let me check with the guys if the cars are for sale. I just had a glance at the meters and the dial was there but the glass was broken and the needle was missing so we can consider it to be non-existent. I fairly remember it had a white background with MPH calibrations.
On second thoughts .... not worth the time and money for an austin.
Regards the name less car in the pic it is very Ford-esq or even a dodge, say mid to late thirties?
Old 4th July 2007, 20:17   #213
BHPian

thanks for letting me know probrbly this v8 would have had the same fate as almost a lot of v8 in india sold to a boat owner.
the guy had 2 montana to one is shown in the pic but has no interiors and also no engine head but i asking a whole lot for it one more only the shell is there.

Last edited by pawan : 4th July 2007 at 20:31.
Old 5th July 2007, 09:50   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Shot at a Ford dealer. The one to your right is a Ford Prefect. Dont know which is the other one:

As karl said, the other one's an Austin A40 & maybe called the "Dorset" as the 4-door was known as Devon....I didnt know the 2-doorers were sold in India too!
Incidentally, my father had a Prefect for a few years back in the 70s, which was just like this one I think (never saw it as I wasnt born when he sold it & there are no proper pics. of it at home either!) but in black...this car looks like a late 40s model & I suspect my dad's car was too, as he said it had a sunroof & "frogeye" headlamps, like this one does...although I read in the sale receipt that it was a '51 model, the '51 prefects I've seen didnt have sunroofs & had more receeding headlamps unlike this one...
My dad sold his car in 1980 to a guy who just wanted some car cheap to get a monthly petrol allowance from his co. (sound familiar?), so he just had the car lying near his house, much like this, & I heard that eventually the sunroof tore apart, as on this one, & then the seats, from which a tree had sprouted! And eventually, years later, the car ended up being sold for scrap.....piece by piece!
Strangely though, that has led me to expect trees growing out of every junked car with a sunroof/without a roof (not that I want it to happen!)
Old 5th July 2007, 11:43   #215
Ram
Senior - BHPian

how much is it worth in present state?

Quote:
btw is this car rare and how much is it worth in present state.
The pictures show a rusted firewall and dashboard with right front fender, rusted left door and tub.
The engine and gearbox is missing, and the frame is apparently completely corroded. The floorboard has rotted and vegetation is growing into the engine compartment, continuing to eat away what's left of the chassis.
Basically 95% of the car is missing and what's left is a wreck like the steering wheel.

The worth of cars in this condition (if you can call them that) lies in the eye of the beholder.

For the right person, the car might evoke some poignant memories of riding in the car in the lap of their grandmother -- a priceless memory that cannot be measured in banknotes!

Then again, an automotive design house may buy portions of the wreck to keep in their museum for educating their designers. You will agree that some engineering concepts that originated in the thirties are still meaningful today.

While not necessarily applicable to this car, some old cars (particularly the bigger and more luxurious ones) yield valuables like an antique speedometer with a rare movement, an innovative and rare vacuum feedback mechanism for the distributor, vacuum-sensing starter switch (Buicks in the forties had 'em), non-electric hydraulic power windows (late forties Cadillacs and Lincolns had 'em).

So, what we see in the rusted wreck may differ from what someone else sees in it.

Ram
Old 7th July 2007, 12:16   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
i know the owner of the golf near ruia..if someone wants to buy it the owner was a volkswagen enthusiast...had a 65 beetle and a VW VAN...really good shape too...alas he's growing old and tired...he's the second owner though the car was imported from london...its a diesel...

Tell me more is it there or gone??
Old 7th July 2007, 12:21   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
thats coz the pic uve put up is a fastback with dog seat...

How much its worth in present state? Hahahaha....wat can i say? good one!
Karl isn't this a dodge?? plz help identify!
Old 7th July 2007, 12:23   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoyster View Post
Karl isn't this a dodge?? plz help identify!
I already have identified. See the posts previous to that one. Im quite sure thats the remnants of a Ford V8. Why, you wanna restore it?
Old 7th July 2007, 12:24   #219
BHPian

Quote:
i dont think so see the back

btw is this car rare and how much is it worth in present state.
@Pawan i am guessing its a Dodge ! check the vintage rally thread orange and cream car !
Old 7th July 2007, 12:26   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoyster View Post
@Pawan i am guessing its a Dodge ! check the vintage rally thread orange and cream car !

Err... no! Both are Ford V8...one with dicky seat, one without. The dodge has integrated headlights, different wheels which are most distinguishable, amongst many other bits.
Old 7th July 2007, 12:26   #221
BHPian

Nah not my types! but a look over never hurt! lol
Old 7th July 2007, 12:31   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I already have identified. See the posts previous to that one. Im quite sure thats the remnants of a Ford V8. Why, you wanna restore it?
Quote:
Err... no! Both are Ford V8...one with dicky seat, one without. The dodge has integrated headlights, different wheels which are most distinguishable, amongst many other bits.
ok Capt if you say so me no Expert u c!
Old 9th July 2007, 11:34   #223

standard 10.....

and austin super 10.......

Last edited by tsk1979 : 9th July 2007 at 11:45.
Old 9th July 2007, 12:08   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
standard 10.....
Karl told me that this car was bombed in the movie Khakee! The car was lying at Arab Jeepwala for quite some time and then it was apparently taken for the movie.
Old 9th July 2007, 12:17   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
standard 10.....

and austin super 10.......

sorry for the above mistake.....it aint austin super 10...its standard super 10....

i was immeresed in an austin pic hence the mistake.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks