Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-3.html)

foby.sebastian 11th March 2009 20:30

1 Attachment(s)
Thats still in mint condition , seeing this car from my childhood , still feels like the first day on the road

foby.sebastian 11th March 2009 20:37

5 Attachment(s)
The old jonga , but in good condition , its fitted with an ac too , sounds sexy.., the oter one I dunno the model name or nothing just clicked it away..

wasif 12th March 2009 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1208966)
The old jonga , but in good condition , its fitted with an ac too , sounds sexy.., the oter one I dunno the model name or nothing just clicked it away..

The yellow car is a Morris Minor and the dark coloured car is 33 - 34 Ford, could be a V8 or the Modle B

harit 12th March 2009 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 1209533)
The yellow car is a Morris Minor and the dark coloured car is 33 - 34 Ford, could be a V8 or the Modle B

Looking a bit closer, I feel that the Ford is a British Y or C? type, you know one of those puny unloved British Fords. But it really does not matter.

Prabal 12th March 2009 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 1209768)
Looking a bit closer, I feel that the Ford is a British Y or C? type, you know one of those puny unloved British Fords. But it really does not matter.

She certainly isn't puny. So should be the Ford I8 or Model B - 4 cyl or 8, 1933-34 (Model 40A). Matters to me alright since I can't afford even this:).

harit 12th March 2009 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prabal (Post 1209942)
She certainly isn't puny. So should be the Ford I8 or Model B - 4 cyl or 8, 1933-34 (Model 40A). Matters to me alright since I can't afford even this:).

You are right, she is not puny, the grill is big, but the headlights do not SEEM to match. Did you notice the Minor SEEMS to be a convertible?

wasif 12th March 2009 16:58

The British Fords didn't have this kind of a grille. Both the Y and the C are distinctly different from what is pictured.

And the Morris is a convertible as seen but only a close examination of the car will tell if it is a factory convertible or has been altered at a later date.

foby.sebastian 12th March 2009 17:53

wolseley
 
10 Attachment(s)
wolseley , this is the first kinda car I am seeing in kerala , wolseley I think its british , saw this car on a random trip to hunt the cars

foby.sebastian 12th March 2009 18:16

9 Attachment(s)
some of the random findings from thrissur . i was on a routine trip to hunt the classics

foby.sebastian 28th March 2009 19:23

3 Attachment(s)
Austin Cambridge , spotted in a private family function

foby.sebastian 28th March 2009 19:28

4 Attachment(s)
Thats under restoration

JayD 28th March 2009 23:05

great pix foby. You really are doing some good hunting these days!! :) I loved the pic of the A40 and the MG(?) in the old style house. looks very classy!!!

muneemmk 29th March 2009 03:12

Saw An Austin Cambridge fitted with an ambassador 1500cc engine at my local scrap yard, asked the price for the car and got a quote of 1.5Lakh :Frustrati

greenhorn 29th March 2009 08:55

there is an austin cambridge in tvm, with the registration number "2". see or rather , used to see it on the road a lot

girishpv 29th March 2009 09:24

There was a Austin Cambridge for sale in Thrissur last week asking 1 lakh,
I made a deal through a friend for 75K, but some one else came in (from Perumbavoor) and had an test drive gave cash of 90K and drove her away......:Frustrati


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:32.