Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-3.html)

Thats still in mint condition , seeing this car from my childhood , still feels like the first day on the road

The old jonga , but in good condition , its fitted with an ac too , sounds sexy.., the oter one I dunno the model name or nothing just clicked it away..

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1208966)
The old jonga , but in good condition , its fitted with an ac too , sounds sexy.., the oter one I dunno the model name or nothing just clicked it away..

The yellow car is a Morris Minor and the dark coloured car is 33 - 34 Ford, could be a V8 or the Modle B

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 1209533)
The yellow car is a Morris Minor and the dark coloured car is 33 - 34 Ford, could be a V8 or the Modle B

Looking a bit closer, I feel that the Ford is a British Y or C? type, you know one of those puny unloved British Fords. But it really does not matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 1209768)
Looking a bit closer, I feel that the Ford is a British Y or C? type, you know one of those puny unloved British Fords. But it really does not matter.

She certainly isn't puny. So should be the Ford I8 or Model B - 4 cyl or 8, 1933-34 (Model 40A). Matters to me alright since I can't afford even this:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prabal (Post 1209942)
She certainly isn't puny. So should be the Ford I8 or Model B - 4 cyl or 8, 1933-34 (Model 40A). Matters to me alright since I can't afford even this:).

You are right, she is not puny, the grill is big, but the headlights do not SEEM to match. Did you notice the Minor SEEMS to be a convertible?

The British Fords didn't have this kind of a grille. Both the Y and the C are distinctly different from what is pictured.

And the Morris is a convertible as seen but only a close examination of the car will tell if it is a factory convertible or has been altered at a later date.

wolseley , this is the first kinda car I am seeing in kerala , wolseley I think its british , saw this car on a random trip to hunt the cars

some of the random findings from thrissur . i was on a routine trip to hunt the classics

Austin Cambridge , spotted in a private family function

Thats under restoration

great pix foby. You really are doing some good hunting these days!! :) I loved the pic of the A40 and the MG(?) in the old style house. looks very classy!!!

Saw An Austin Cambridge fitted with an ambassador 1500cc engine at my local scrap yard, asked the price for the car and got a quote of 1.5Lakh :Frustrati

there is an austin cambridge in tvm, with the registration number "2". see or rather , used to see it on the road a lot

There was a Austin Cambridge for sale in Thrissur last week asking 1 lakh,
I made a deal through a friend for 75K, but some one else came in (from Perumbavoor) and had an test drive gave cash of 90K and drove her away......:Frustrati