Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1235177)
great pix foby. You really are doing some good hunting these days!! :) I loved the pic of the A40 and the MG(?) in the old style house. looks very classy!!!

Thank you.....

If any one have any contacts to enter MR . LULU 's home in nattika that will be a great peice of cake for this thread .

he has got stroke maintained 3 buicks .

one of my friend was his manager in Lulu convention centere in thrissur , but he recentely got transfered , he informed me about it

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1235485)
there is an austin cambridge in tvm, with the registration number "2". see or rather , used to see it on the road a lot

that is KCT-2 the one with the diesel powertrain,
there are 3 morris oxfords and another 2 austin cambridge which are in running condition in Trivandrum.
the Trichur car KLR-6508 recently was sold for rs.80,0000 not 90,as mentioned by Girish PV

a 1962 fiat which runs on LPG , in good running condition , spotted at thrissur

I dont know the name of this car . found it near the place where I stay at cochin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1263309)
I dont know the name of this car . found it near the place where I stay at cochin.

It seems to be an early 50s Vauxhall Wyvern/Velox "LIP" series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1263294)
a 1962 fiat which runs on LPG , in good running condition , spotted at thrissur

The rear glass appears to be much bigger than the regular ones. Is it the Ambys windsheild? Anyway a well maintained Select and appears like a taxi at the first glance because of the colour combination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jai3033 (Post 1263436)
The rear glass appears to be much bigger than the regular ones. Is it the Ambys windsheild? Anyway a well maintained Select and appears like a taxi at the first glance because of the colour combination.

It is the original glass. Glass size was increased in 58, this being a 58-62 model.

saw this restored 1957 fiat near TRIVANDRUM today morning.
the driver said the owner may sell if he gets a good offer!!!
seemed to have good originality except for the drum type air cleaner and the aluminium fiat logo wheel caps

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 1365010)
saw this restored 1957 fiat near TRIVANDRUM today morning.
seemed to have good originality except for the drum type air cleaner and the aluminium fiat logo wheel caps

Uh, sorry but I dont see any hubcaps on the car, aluminium or otherwise?!

Side-trims too are missing. But otherwise looks like a clean, restorable car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1365047)
Uh, sorry but I dont see any hubcaps on the car, aluminium or otherwise?!

Side-trims too are missing. But otherwise looks like a clean, restorable car.

i have mentioned already that it doesnt have the original hubcaps.
side trims I had asked the driver about it,he says the owner has it.

spotted a vanguard , spotted at ernakulam

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1393078)
spotted a vanguard , spotted at ernakulam

This car was put up on the standard cars thread long back by me. I see the condition has become worse compared to the last time i saw it!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1393146)
This car was put up on the standard cars thread long back by me. I see the condition has become worse compared to the last time i saw it!:Frustrati

But Chettah,

It seems to have most of the things intact (trims, logos and lights), seems a good project to me.

A beautifully executed Land master spotted at thrissur

An Austin belonging to an industrialist in cochin. Pardon my lack of knowledge in identifying the model and year. They have a seperate garage just for the classic & vintage models and I hope to get snaps of the complete collection