Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Tata Nexon 267 53.83%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 28 5.65%
Ford EcoSport 163 32.86%
Honda WR-V 18 3.63%
Hyundai i20 Active 2 0.40%
Mahindra TUV300 7 1.41%
Other 11 2.22%
Voters: 496. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2019, 18:40   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon vs the others

Hi All,

Had gone to book the nexon today but came back without booking.
Reason: discounts.
I was offered nexon xz+ diesel for 11,30,000 without insurance. Total discount offered was 22k cash, waving off logistics charge, mud flaps and floor mat that’s it. I felt this was low.
Any suggestions on what discount I can bargain for.
I have asked for extended warranty to be included but they have not budged yet.
I am planning to buy the car with upfront payment. Does it make sense to take auto loan

Also any suggestion on good Tata motor dealers in Bangalore. I am currently in negotiations with Concorde motors dairy circle. Had taken test drive from kht but wife did not like the Domlur outlet

Last edited by aniyo : 16th March 2019 at 18:52.
Old 16th March 2019, 19:17   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Also any suggestion on good Tata motor dealers in Bangalore. I am currently in negotiations with Concorde motors dairy circle. Had taken test drive from kht but wife did not like the Domlur outlet
You could try Prerana Motors, Lalbhagh road. Buying experience was really good and their service centre in peenya is pretty decent as well.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 17:24   #138
BHPian

Finally Done.

We booked Tata Nexon from Concorde motors. Bangalore

Variant XZ+ Diesel Single tone.

Regards,
Aditya
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 14:58   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Finally Done.

We booked Tata Nexon from Concorde motors.
Regards,
Aditya
Congrats! What's the value of the discounts that you were able to negotiate?
Old 18th March 2019, 15:01   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Congrats! What's the value of the discounts that you were able to negotiate?
25K cash discount, waiver of logistics charge, Corner bumper protector and essential kit, That's all. I was hoping they will include the extended warranty but no dealer budged.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 15:48   #141

Quote:
Almost decided.
Hi, I would suggest please go with Nexon XZ+ only and don't get confused. You rightly mentioned that Nexon has more comfortable rear sitting capabilities than ecosports. Moreover, I am sure you will have a comfortable riding and driving experience too. Nexon's looks are superior to Ecosports. I am an owner of Nexon XZA+ (AMT petrol) and am quite enjoying this 5 star safety rated car. I had purchased the same after a through survey carried out in Delhi. XZ+ variant has Isofix child sheet mount at the rear which would be safe for your child. The rear sheet has good cushioning couple with comfortable inclination to enjoy your long journey. This are my personal views. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th March 2019 at 15:50.
Old 18th March 2019, 15:50   #142
BHPian

Quote:
25K cash discount, waiver of logistics charge, Corner bumper protector and essential kit, That's all. I was hoping they will include the extended warranty but no dealer budged.
That's not a bad deal. The 25k is where the real deal is. The logistic charges are illegal, the bumber protector and essential kit (floormats and mudflaps, right?) could anyways have been purchased from outside. The Nexon being a good seller, it would have been very surprising if you would have managed to get an extended warranty added. Thanks again! We'll be likely buying a Nexon soon and this helps.
Old 19th March 2019, 15:32   #143
BHPian

Autocar does a comparison review of the top selling sub-compact SUVs (diesel manual variants only).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th March 2019 at 20:17. Reason: Corrected URL. Thanks.
Old 21st March 2019, 17:24   #144
BHPian

Guys, need quick help. I got a message from Concorde motors that they have a color and variant of choice at their other dealership. As per the VIN the car is Jan 2019 model.

1.Is it safe to go.
2. Apart from the usual, KM on ODO anything specific I should look out for to ensure they don't provide me a test drive vehicle

I asked them why this hasn't been sold since January 2019 they have not provided any answers
Regards,
Aditya Niyogi

Last edited by navin : 22nd March 2019 at 15:37. Reason: lying can have 2 meanings
Old 27th March 2019, 23:08   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need quick help. I got a message from Concorde motors that they have a color and variant of choice at their other dealership. As per the VIN the car is Jan 2019 model
I hope you are aware of the latest news articles on auto mag forums which state that Nexon is carrying discounts of RS 50,000. Please check with your dealer who I understand has not offered any big discounts.

Link:. https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...nd-suvs-412078
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 09:43   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I hope you are aware of the latest news articles on auto mag forums which state that Nexon is carrying discounts of RS 50,000. Please check with your dealer who I understand has not offered any big discounts.

Link:. https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...nd-suvs-412078
The article is misleading. The discounts are on 2018 model. 18K standard discount and free B2B insurance.

2019 model they are not giving any discount. Had to fight hard with 3 dealers to get discount which finally I had to let go for color and variant of choice for immediate delivery.
Old 11th August 2020, 15:58   #147
BHPian

TL;DR - I voted for Nexon but bought Ford Ecosport

Already having a Bolero, Scorpio and XUV5OO in the garage, we needed another vehicle for my sister which she can easily drive.
With a budget of 10 lakh in mind, I was looking for a sophisticated vehicle with abilities to run off road too. The choices were TATA Nexon, Ford Ecosport, Hyundai Venue, Vitara Brezza, Kia Sonet. The running will be around 1800 KMs per month.

The cars which were considered are as follows:-

TATA Nexon XMA Petrol (9.35 on road)

Ford Ecosport – Ambiente Diesel (10 lakh on road)

Hyundai Venue - Rejected as E variant is simply too barebones.

Vitara Brezza - Rejected as another Brezza in the town so no.

Kia Sonet - God know when this will be available with dealers. Dealer himself was clueless.

So the first choice was TATA Nexon XMA, liked the vehicle and everything. Sadly, BS6 model test drive vehicle wasn’t available with local dealer in Katni. Thus drove to another to test drive BS6 version.
The petrol engine was average but super lethargic in City and Eco mode.
We changed our mind and switched to Diesel Automatic but BS6 Diesel Automatic is almost 2 lacs expensive than petrol counterpart.
The dealer response was cold too. No discounts, no asking for Tea & Coffee. Buy it or leave it attitude. Reminded me of old days when I was at TATA to buy Safari and Hexa. Nothing much has changed.

Ford Ecosport
Next destination was Ford. Right from the attitude of staff to the Ford’s product and service promise, everything was matching with our expectations plus it was Diesel. Cherry on the top was that it was immediately available for the delivery.

After few considerations, we decided to go with TATA Nexon XMA (Petrol) but wanted to have conversation with dealer. Sadly manager’s phone was switched off (It was Sunday). Dropped him a WA message. Checked in the evening again, again he didn’t pick up the phone. Checked WA and saw that message had the blue tick. Wrote a strong message to sales manager about his I don’t give a damn attitude. Got call back immediately but he was not ready to reduce a single rupee, the delivery time was 25 days. Despite all this we called him again to know the booking process and he cut the call. This was the last nail in the coffin. We decided to move ahead with Ford Ambient Diesel.

I will share the pics once vehicle is delivered.
Old 12th August 2020, 06:44   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
The dealer response was cold too. No discounts, no asking for Tea & Coffee. Buy it or leave it attitude. Reminded me of old days when I was at TATA to buy Safari and Hexa. Nothing much has changed.
I don't know about discounts - who gives discounts on a new and well selling model of car?

Even Maruti dealers will offer you soft drinks let alone coffee, deep discounts, whatever to sell any of their existing range of cars - but if there's a hot selling new car they introduce with high booking times .. well, I doubt you'll get any discount even if you get a cup of coffee.
Old 12th August 2020, 11:20   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I don't know about discounts - who gives discounts on a new and well selling model of car?

Even Maruti dealers will offer you soft drinks let alone coffee, deep discounts, whatever to sell any of their existing range of cars - but if there's a hot selling new car they introduce with high booking times .. well, I doubt you'll get any discount even if you get a cup of coffee.
I should not have mentioned it.

The word tea / coffee was used as metaphor for relationship building with customer. Being an informed buyer, my decision is not deinetely based on tea or the amount of milk in the tea.

What exactly I am trying to say is if a dealer is not hungry and enthusiastic in sales, the service experience is not going to be better too.

I've personally experienced this during ownership of Safari but that's 8 years ago. I thought things must have changed, sadly no.
dicor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 18:11   #150
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Ecosport. Recently purchased a pre owned S Diesel, and couldn't be happier with my choice.

+
Still looks great and has the most road presence
Solid build quality
Segment best handling and high speed manners
The best touchscreen unit in the segment
Loaded to the gills with equipment
Many safety features as well
Ford's ASS, the second service costed a measly 5.9K (Tire rotation, wheel balancing and alignment included).

-
Space (shoulder room) is a constraint for 5 full size adults. Superb though for 4 adults.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks