Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Tata Nexon 267 53.83%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 28 5.65%
Ford EcoSport 163 32.86%
Honda WR-V 18 3.63%
Hyundai i20 Active 2 0.40%
Mahindra TUV300 7 1.41%
Other 11 2.22%
Voters: 496. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2018, 08:19   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Now its the last point that I am worried about. ... But this being the primary car, it needs to be reliable with no real room for niggles, however small. So is it advisable to look at the Nexon AMT over the Creta?
What is the basis of this point ? I hope it is not just the comments by the reviewing mod's in the official reviews that they do . Do speak to owners if there are niggles.
Old 22nd September 2018, 10:11   #92
Senior - BHPian

I'm happy to share with you all, that next month I'll be completing - ONE YEAR and 20,000 Kms - with my 'Mini-Landie' in Bangalore. I can't tell you how happy I am with the car! It's been a truly delightful experience, and I haven't faced a single niggle so far. Tata Motors has got their product spot on!

The car, chassis, engine, interiors and everything ... are perfect as a package. Prices have climbed by over a lakh, though. And deservedly so. There are two service centres I have shortlisted for my service, and the personnel know me over there. I stay put with the car during service and can be quite demanding.

Thankfully, the guys put up with me, and have provided full assistance. On one occasion I was keen on only MOBIL OIL and not Petronas or Castrol, and 5 litres was brought in, all the way from Chennai. Bills are negligible, with third major service ... with oil change and all, costing around 2K. Even Maruti charges more, as per my friends. Service intervals are well spaced at 15K kms, leading to more savings.

They're leaving no stone unturned to ensure its success. In case anybody still have any doubts I'll make some time from my busy schedule and answer patiently to PM's. This is one Indian machine I'm truly proud of!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon vs the others-img_0201.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 10:19   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
We are planning to buy a new car and the need of the hour is AT transmission. The car will be replacing the Altis that we have ( already listed on the classifieds). The main criterion for the new car is the availability of AT transmission and we have shortlisted the Nexon and Creta ( both in AT variants only). The choice of fuel is flexible with the 10 year NGT rule in Delhi, it doesn't really make a difference. So I might as well buy a Petrol variant ( and hence lets keep the discussion limited to that).

I know the Nexon is a segment lower than the Creta but the car is indeed impressive, so much so that I am finding it hard to justify the close to 4L premium that Hyundai is asking for the Creta.

While I won't comment on the A.S.S./niggles part of the Nexon, I would strongly urge you to consider the following cars:

1. Upcoming facelifted Ford Aspire: Rumored to be equipped with 1.5L engine with the much better TC gearbox.

2. Renault Duster CVT: Its a niggle free product, and the only pain I see is to take it to the service center once a year.

3. Ford Ecosport automatic: Its still one of the best cars out there.

4. Maruti Ciaz A/T: Hey its a maruti. Nothing much can go wrong.

5. Hyundai Verna A/T: Its a good package. Worth looking into.

6. Toyota Yaris: Its a toyota. I expect it to be a peaceful ownership.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 12:58   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
While I won't comment on the A.S.S./niggles part of the Nexon.
I already bought the Ecosport AT last year and the new facelift is not new enough to warrant another Ford in the house. So not looking at the Ecosport.
Duster is too old and dated and hence not in the list.
The other cars are all sedans or hatchbacks. We are looking at a vehicle with higher GC and high seating position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What is the basis of this point ? I hope it is not just the comments by the reviewing mod's in the official reviews that they do . Do speak to owners if there are niggles.
It is indeed the general perception combined with minor niggles that owners on the forum keep mentioning in the official review thread. It goes without saying that the product in the showroom looks fantastic to me and that's the reason why it is among the final 2 shortlisted cars.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 13:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
May i suggest you the Tata Tigor XZA (AMT).

It ticks most of your requirements:

1. High ground clearance of 170mm.
2. Soaks up bad bumps better than many proper sedans out there.
3. XZA comes with decent set of equipment including dual Airbags, ABS, EBD, CSC. Although it misses out on climate control - if you can live with that.
4. Interiors have a premium feel to it (trust my words, i had an Xcent before i did lateral upgrade to Tigor AMT myself).
5. Mammoth boot space of 419 Ltrs. No premium hatchback/crossover/compact SUV even comes close !

You can even look at XZ(O) in MT, but i suggest AMT just for the sake of ease of driving in the maddening city traffic.

Didn't notice your suggestion till now, but ironically that is what I went ahead with! Tata Tigor XZA and it is 2 and half months old with 4000 km on the ODO, couldn't have been happier in terms of savings.

This was intended as second car, swift doing the daily duty, but thanks to its comfort it has clocked more miles than the swift in this two and half months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Bhpians, I am looking for a Diesel automatic for commuting + Highway runs, budget is less than 13L on-road.

Currently Nexon AMT Diesel is the first option, price is very close to my budget and I just want to make sure I am not missing any alternatives in this price band.

Am I missing any good cars?
Old 25th September 2018, 14:15   #96
BHPian

Advice on new car - Ecosports vs Nexon

Hi BHPians,

I am planning to sell off my Figo after 8 years of excellent service by the beast with over 1 L km of drive in cities and highways. The experience has been great and though my heart doesn't agree, mind says - move on!

Now, coming to the query, I am considering Ecosports Titanium (Petrol) vs Nexon VX (petrol) mainly as these are fitting my budget (11/11.5 L on road) and criteria.

Creta & Duster are out of budget and am not considering Maruti at all. WR-V was the only other contender, but reviews on petrol engine are not enthusiastic.

I am fine with petrol since the economies work better as I usually drive around 1000-1200 km/month. Like highway drives, so want to car which is stable at high speeds but equally good in cities.

Have test driven Ecosports and I have liked it. In fact, I am mostly inclined towards this but only considering Nexon as it seems fun and fresh. But, have heard some issues regarding standardization of the features and I am not sure about petrol cars from Tata!!

So, need some guidance and suggestions from you all - Ecosports Titanium (P) or Nexon VX (P)??

Thanks
Niel

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th September 2018 at 14:29. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread. Thanks.
Niel@Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 14:20   #97
BHPian

Re: Advice on new car - Ecosports vs Nexon

Thanks for this thread. I am planning to change my Swift early next year and so far have short listed Ecosport, Nexon and WRV. Considering my current driving needs, petrol with AMT/AT is what I am looking at.
Old 25th September 2018, 14:20   #98
Senior - BHPian

I think firstly this should be in What car section.

Since you have owned and happy with Ford, you might be comfortable with Ecosport as well. Nexon however is bigger in size as compared to Ecosport which might be only as spacious as a Figo

I haven't tried the Nexon Petrol though. Nexon + Diesel seem to be a better combo as compared to the petrol which seem to have lag. Please take detailed TD before you decide.
Old 25th September 2018, 14:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

How many people will use this car? If you have a young family, the Ecosport or Nexon are equally good. If you will have slightly older kids/ other adults in the rear seat more often, I think you should offer them the option of more space.

While I read that you are not considering Maruti, do consider the Scross. It seems like a nice option, especially with the ride quality and added space.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 16:31   #100
BHPian

Voted for Ecosport !

Maybe I am biased, as I am a completely satisfied owner of one (2015 Petrol Manual Titanium). Although overall kms covered is quite less, I've taken the car for numerous long & short drives and the confidence it instills is quite good. Never feel insecure while driving along with family, as used to feel in other cars prior to owning this. With adequate GC of 200mm, well-kitted interiors, firm seats/suspension, sufficient trunk volume, excellent road manners, compact size, adequate steering feedback etc., I am at ease with this one and hence ready to overlook the negatives such as less low-end torque ! And --touchwood-- I've never visited the Ford garage in 3 years of my ownership except for the yearly service and once when I got too overconfident and foolishly reversed & broke the reversing lamp.
KrisTvpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:17   #101
Senior - BHPian

Recently I am in dilemma of having to pick Nexon or Etios Liva. Liva is not an SUV but I am looking for a mid sized hatch. Both of these have 4/5 safety ratings in global NCAP. Now the challenge is to choose between Toyota and Tata (both have 2 T's). Toyota for superb reliability and fuss free service. Tata for better interiors and more comfort. Help
Old 4th March 2019, 13:30   #102
BHPian

Nexon or EcoSport

Hi All,
I will be buying a car in the next month or month and a half max.
Needed advise from the owners on this forum to understand their experience.

Background:
I was in the market couple of years to buy a car and at that time my choices were either top end Ecopsort or duster AWD. I was to get this through Car lease policy. However my friend advised me against it as the behavior of the managers change once they know you have bought the car under lease.
So I had dropped the idea back then.

Current status:
Honda Brio SMT 2013 make (bought from my brother 4 years back)
Current ODO reading: 48,000 KM
monthly running: 1200-1300 KM approx.

Requirement:
1. Comfortable 4 seater, we rarely carry 5.
2. Brio ride quality is stiff and has started to get on to me now. The handling is amazing though.
3. City/highway: 75/25
4. prefer diesel for the sheer power and torque. The small turbo don't work much in heavier cars.
5. Budget 12-13 max on road
6. Good seating. My back has started to hurt.

Must have:
1. Safety: atleast 2 airbags and sturdy build quality (Brezza is not considered
for this)
2. Good NVH
3. Ride quality: Decent to good ride quality in city. Brio is good on highway
but the city potholes are felt entirely inside
4. Decent power and torque, not seeking for great power.
5. Boot space:As of now we are only 2 and planning for a child next year. So
boot space is important. Brio is pathetic at this.

Will be keeping the car for 5-6 years atleast. My dilemma is 2 folds
1. Ecoport Titanium or Nexon (XZ or XZ+)

2. What to do with Brio:
My current location is Bangalore and the car is TN registered. I am already the second owner and after the production stop the re-sale will be poor.
The car had met with one accident and repaired at Honda service center.
Does it make sense to sell the Brio at a low price or hold on the car for longer.
The Brio has been Fuss free entirely. Very reliable and agile and super easy to drive in city and crowded places.

Have thought about Creta but it seems for now out of budget. The lower variants don't offer much.

P.S. even if I don't sell the Brio I can manage funds for the new car. But selling the Brio will help me cushion and take a smaller loan amount.
If I sell Brio I will make atleast 50% downpayment. If not will take additional loan.

Request your advise.

Kind Regards,
Aditya Niyogi
Old 4th March 2019, 13:44   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nexon or EcoSport

Aditya, I was about to ask you why not keep the Brio and hire a car if going on outstation trips. But your point about the Brio's behaviour on city roads makes that question unnecessary.

Between the Nexon & Ecosport, have you driven both ? What are your observations ? Rather than an on-paper decision, I think it will help if you can come back after the initial TD's. Two TD's of each car would be even better.

Agree with you on the Creta.

For 12-13L, I would also suggest the S-Cross.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 13:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

As a owner of new EcoSport Titanium Plus (Diesel), here is my recommendation to you.

You won't go wrong with both the choices at all. Both EcoSport and Nexon will meet all your requirements and are excellent C-SUVs. Take test drives of both cars in Bangalore city pothole roads and choose the one which you feel more comfortable.

To me, i think Nexon top end will be better for you in terms of ride quality and comfort more than EcoSport due to its stiff suspension/ride quality, but decent though, not bad. However, EcoSport diesel gives you awesome power/torque and you will enjoy it in highways. So choose what is more important for you between the two.

From service & maintenance perspective, Ford is very customer friendly and transparent. Am super delighted with FASS in all my interactions. I may be wrong, but TATA service is not that great, if not bad comparitively. Another angle to consider before you make the decision.

Regarding BRIO, unless you badly need a second car, its better to sell it off. That's just my opinion.

All the best for your new car purchase!

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 14:00   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Between the Nexon & Ecosport, have you driven both ? What are your observations ? Rather than an on-paper decision, I think it will help if you can come back after the initial TD's. Two TD's of each car would be even better.

Agree with you on the Creta.

For 12-13L, I would also suggest the S-Cross.
I had driven the Ecosport earlier. Wife surprisingly liked it over the duster then. Recently had driven a friends ecosport as well.

Have not yet driven Tata Nexon but and checked it out in person. It feels more spacious than Ecosport for sure.

I will be test driving Tata Nexon this week. The only problem is that in short test drive not much can be understood about the car.
It will help me understand about the power delivery, ergonomics, NVH to an extent. But people who have gone through the same process like me would have far more valuable info to provide.
But will do a detailed TD this week

Did not think about S-cross, will check that as well.

Last edited by aniyo : 4th March 2019 at 14:01. Reason: adding information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks