Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2019, 09:52   #91
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
I've been accused of being a old soul before. The Octavia tugs at my heartstrings like nothing else in this segment. But with the DQ200 horror stories, it will be pretty hard to convince dad to invest his hard-earned money in it. Besides that, we will also have to stretch the budget to fit it in. Are there any ongoing discounts on the L&K 1.8?
Skoda has discounts running all year round. You shall be able to pull it up to ~25 Lakhs with some smart and hard negotiation.

Tell your dad that you shall get better scores to double up his earnings in future

Best of luck buddy!
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 10:39   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post

Currently, I'm looking at the Civic and the Jeep Compass. But I've been told that there is no stock available for the Jeep.

Kindly share your opinions.
To be honest, irrespective of the age, I prefer peace of mind over anything, hence my suggestion would be the Honda Civic automatic.

If the car is going to be used primarily by you, then you can make lot of tasty visual mods to make it more unique. Getting in and out of the car seems to be a task though, do make sure your parents like it.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 11:00   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Skoda has discounts running all year round. You shall be able to pull it up to ~25 Lakhs with some smart and hard negotiation.

Tell your dad that you shall get better scores to double up his earnings in future

Best of luck buddy!
Thanks a lot Sir. I'll call the local dealer and arrange a test drive. Let's hope the stars are aligned in my favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
To be honest, irrespective of the age, I prefer peace of mind over anything, hence my suggestion would be the Honda Civic automatic.

If the car is going to be used primarily by you, then you can make lot of tasty visual mods to make it more unique. Getting in and out of the car seems to be a task though, do make sure your parents like it.
Well, the car is going to be driven by me for 60% of the time after the initial euphoria dies down. My dad is a huge Honda fan and he already likes it a lot. Thanks a lot for your opinion.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 12:56   #94
Senior - BHPian

There may not be much of a difference between a Civic and an Altis ( both petrol) as far as the automatic versions go. Both have the same engine capacity and near identical power/ torque numbers. Elantra and Octavia have better numbers in this respect. However, the Altis may yet be the most comfortable car in general in the segment, especially the back seat. It’s also got decent safety kit(7 airbags), but just not equipped with “ flauntable” goodies like a large touch screen with Android Auto/ CarPlay , sunroof, multi-zone climate control etc . Too bad that Toyota is not looking at the next generation model for India in the near future.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 21st October 2019 at 12:57.
Old 21st October 2019, 13:32   #95
VPL

Re: The next car purchase dilemma

Thanks Bro for your kind advise.

Im still looking for a Fortuner, and would request all if they come across a pre-owned 2013/2014 model please do let me know.

Cheers In Advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
A. A pre owned Innova will make more sense considering your family.

B. That's a personal preference. Automatics are the need of the hour though.

C. Petrol- Since your running is very less. Infact I would say use Ola/Uber and rent out for occasional family outing

D. Innova Pre owned petrol shall fit your budget easily. The difficulty is to find one. Innova petrol wasn't sold in as many numbers as the Diesel one.

You can also look for a new XL6 or Ertiga.
VPL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 14:52   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPL View Post
Im still looking for a Fortuner
considering that a new one retails for almost 40 Lakhs now,I think 2013/ 14 model will cost you more than 15 lakhs, may be close to 18 - 20 Lakhs ?!

Did you have a look at Marazzo ? It is a very capable car as per many user reviews !
Old 21st October 2019, 18:48   #97
VPL

Hi Sk8r,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Fortuner im planning for pre-owned and definitely not a new one. Marazzo doesnt have automatic option.

I think I would be going in for Seltos HTX IVT Petrol, does anyone have this variant of Seltos and guide me with the performance? As im unable to find a genuine pre-owned Fortuner (AT) 2013/2014 in budget of 15L max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
considering that a new one retails for almost 40 Lakhs now,I think 2013/ 14 model will cost you more than 15 lakhs, may be close to 18 - 20 Lakhs ?!

Did you have a look at Marazzo ? It is a very capable car as per many user reviews !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks