Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 12:46   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

We are refreshing the thread which is over 3 months old. Anyways, the thread started hasn't updated which car he bought finally?
Old 21st May 2010, 17:14   #32
BHPian

Dzire VDi Vs i20 CRDi Sportz (Heart-i20, Mind-Dzire)

Dear BHPians,
Need your valuable inputs in finalizing my decesion on Dzire VDi or i20 CRDi
Have already TD both and decided on Diesel.
(No change in this, atleast that will save some time and lines for all)

Yes, one is sedan and other is hatch back..but

"Wow, what a muscular looking car. This is what you have been waiting for, go for it. Very nice features. You will stay ahead for next few years with it" says the Heart.

"In High-Demand, Good boot space. All in family insist on this, so why to take a risk. Wait and get the Dzire. Safe mode" says the Mind

Dzire Vs i20 (From my view point):
A. Liked at the first sight of i20. TD done on petrol and Diesel as well. Like the diesel most, as it was powerfull.
1. Dzire Boot space (400 Ltrs)... but there is a review that it may swing on loaded boot and high speed. Can live with i20 boot (290 Ltrs)
2. Dzire - Already in market (in the image of swift) for a longer time than i20. So all the issues should have been fixed.
3. I assume maintenance cost of i20 will be more than Dzire. Need experts advice on what will be the difference(%).
4. Is CRDi riskier than DDIS ? what is the life time of both. I am planning for a long ride, may be till 100K..
5. A/C - i20 owners had given a bad view on it. Is Dzire better than i20 on this aspect.
6. 100 - 0. Braking distance of i20 scares.

Profile: In India I have owned Zen, then Accent CRDi. Sold the Accent as it was a second hand clocked car. Hence suspicious about CRDi model.

On road price in Chennai:
Dzire VDi - 6.9 L
i20 CRDi Sporz (with out alloy) - 6.9L
i20 CRDi Sportz (with alloy) - 7.2 L
So price wise, both same.

Spare price comparision of the above 2 will help.

Please provide your input, as i will be deciding to cancel the Dzire booking by May end (enough of waiting for Dzire).

Mods: My previous thread on the same topic was deleted, to refer other threads. If you have one please point the same and close this thread.

Last edited by classicselva : 21st May 2010 at 17:17. Reason: spelling
Old 21st May 2010, 17:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

i20
i20
i20

Hatchback, Sedan doesnt really matter. i20 is a much much better car overall.
Old 21st May 2010, 17:38   #34
BHPian

I would get the i20 any day. dzire is cramped at the back seat, looks wierd. I dont think i20 has any niggles anymore. Its much better, handles better and more safe than the dzire. Dzire is quite outdated as well. And forget the age old belief that says go with the "safe" option aka maruti, because i dont think it holds good anymore given the tons of reliable options out there.
Old 21st May 2010, 17:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Dzire VDi or i20 CRDi
i20 CRDi. That should be enough, but if you still need convincing read on ...

Quote:
Yes, one is sedan and other is hatch back...
This is literally the only criteria. If you really don't need a sedan, believe me, there's no point in buying one, get the i20. But if you really do need some and have genuine utility for it, then get the Dzire. Your decision really boils down to just this, all the other points are non-issues.

The you go and say this........

Quote:
Can live with i20 boot (290 Ltrs)
Bas. Your decision is made.

Quote:
2. Dzire - Already in market (in the image of swift) for a longer time than i20. So all the issues should have been fixed.
The i20 is a Korean workhorse and not a potential German lemon. The worst that'll happen is that there'll be a small squeak somewhere. Which the Dzire, by virtue of MSIL's extremely stringent quality levels, will have aplenty anyway.

Quote:
3. I assume maintenance cost of i20 will be more than Dzire. Need experts advice on what will be the difference(%).
Not so much that it'll be a deal breaker. Can't be more than 10-15% IMO. Hyundai's really aren't expensive to maintain, had them for 10 years now. Accent and now i20.

Quote:
4. Is CRDi riskier than DDIS ? I am planning for a long ride, may be till 100K..
What? No way !! Who told you this. If the MSIL guy said this then please put it up on the thread which ridicules the crap salespeople say. And 80-100k should be easy peasy.

Quote:
5. A/C - i20 owners had given a bad view on it. Is Dzire better than i20 on this aspect.
Aah yes, now there's the only real problem. I don't have much issue with it, I can work it to my satisfaction. But largely everyone complains about this. Only the TD will tell you, you should have formed an opinion of your own by now. None of ours count while making your decision, believe me.

Quote:
Why? Can't be that bad. Brakes are awesome.

Quote:
Profile: In India I have owned Zen, then Accent CRDi. Sold the Accent as it was a second hand clocked car. Hence suspicious about CRDi model.
Glad you mentioned this. That Accent was a powerful car but a little unrefined. The modern day CRDi's which go into the Verna and other models are much better off in terms of refinement. I know because a cousin has an Accent CRDi.

So, go ahead and can that Dzire. The i20's for you. If you don't need a boot then take a call on the AC and close it. The rest are non-issues.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

i20 it has to be. Just for 3 simple reasons :-

1. Better looking and build car despite being a hatch.

2. Interiors same if not better spaced out than a Dzire

3. Hyundai cars have come of age and they dont age fast enough

I am using my 4th Hyundai car and giving you an example of my Viva CRDi which is a 3 pot engine. It may be rough and bit uncouth but trust me, even now currently at 53K ++ kms the engine still feels so new and eager its hard to beileve.

Interiors have not aged at all.

Only from last 2K kms onwards experiencing a slight noise from dashboard otherwise its been a peaceful experience inside all through.

I dont even want to talk about the ownership cost which is roughly 0.40/km which according to me is peanuts.

A.S.S, i would rate them better than Maruti any day.

Hope these are reasons enough for you to reconsider i20 CRDi seriously
Old 21st May 2010, 19:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

i20 Crdi is a great car..

Mine has just completed 10000 kms and I feel the engine is just opening up!

I also owned a Accent CRDi prior to this car, whick i sold after 70k kms of trouble free usage, and I am happy to say that the i20 is far superior in most ways..

The boot is fairly large, and due to its shape/depth, very usable. In the attached pic you will see 2 7.00 R 15 Light Truck tyres in the boot of my i20. The rear seats did not have to be folded.

Swift Dzire or Hyundai i20 ???-130320101101.jpg

p.s. I was one of the members unhappy with the A/c. I later cleaned the cabin air filter with water/soap and found quite an improvement in the A/C.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2010, 19:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Please clarify your concern regarding the brakes? You dont find them good enough?
Old 21st May 2010, 19:49   #39
BHPian

Thanks All for the quick and response to the point..

Regarding Braking distance: In one of the thread by Wildon "Small car buying guide", i20 stops around 60 Mts where as the swift some were arounf 45 Mts. Should i go for ABS.. but it is available only in ASTA which is 7.8 L.

Thanks again.. i do not see even a single post for Dzire.. that gives me more clarity. Thanks Guys.

Going out on the weekend.. will come back and cancel the booking of Dzire.

As I am a BHPIan
Old 10th June 2010, 20:21   #40
BHPian

Thanks All,
Cancelled the Dzire and booked i20 1.4 Sportz (o) on 8th June at Express Hyundai, Shollinganallur.
Eagerly awaiting for my i to arrive. Will keep you all posted.
Old 10th June 2010, 20:51   #41
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2010 at 13:19.
bhp_maniac is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th June 2010, 21:12   #42
BHPian

i20 - New Option

Guys,
While i was eagerly awaiting i20's delivery. I am frequently visitng Hyundai website and found the new function that is to come with new i20

"Manual Transmission Shift Indicator"

http://www.hyundai.com/IN/en/Showroo...313131537.html

Called the dealer quickly and confirmed that the version that i will get in 2nd week of July will have.
Is any one experianced the use of it?

And the news is it is available only in CRDi version.

Last edited by classicselva : 17th June 2010 at 21:14. Reason: spelling
Old 18th June 2010, 14:05   #43
BHPian

Why did anyone not recommend the Manza? Me too have a similar budget and was leaning more towards the Manza Safire (ABS) for around <6.5 on road.
Old 18th June 2010, 16:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Why did anyone not recommend the Manza? Me too have a similar budget and was leaning more towards the Manza Safire (ABS) for around <6.5 on road.
I dropped mainly of 2 reason
1. A.S.S
2. The interior is too bad - 3 cars that i had TD Vista and Manza had one or the other interior parts broken (like Power window switch, a button on audio system etc)
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:22   #45
BHPian

The only problem i found while driving my friend's i20 magna is the low GC alongwith soft suspension setup. You have to be very careful while negotiating high speed breakers. The skirting below the front bumper got scrapped while i was driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks