Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-118.html)

Need inputs on the below:
- need advice on a good audio (not exactly an ICE) but I listen to metal so should have a decent output. Better if the reverse camera can be integrated.
- alloys?
- suited keyless entry system? (no wire cuts)
- any recommended shops in Delhi/NCR where this can be done?

Booked a Honda City, corporate edition on 19/12/11. 6.99 L ex showroom. OTR 7.7 L. Expected delivery 1st week of Jan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitin.rai (Post 2618183)
Booked a Honda City, corporate edition on 19/12/11. 6.99 L ex showroom. OTR 7.7 L. Expected delivery 1st week of Jan.

Congratulations. Which dealer in Delhi BTW? And also are there any sort of discount (corporate or govt) and free accessories with the car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt

Congratulations. Which dealer in Delhi BTW? And also are there any sort of discount (corporate or govt) and free accessories with the car?

Thanks blue!
Courtesy Honda. Nothing free as of now; the deliveries start in 2012 so will get to know in the first week of Jan. Will keep you posted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack (Post 2609543)
Though skeptical, I have gone ahead & booked Fiesta diesel CLXI. Expect delivery this weekend. .

Am about to book one. What was your On the road price? And any freebies you got?

thanks!

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : Corporate Edition
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 29/12/2011
Color : Alabaster Silver Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : 12/02/2012 (I demanded it)
Freebies : None.
Accessories Planned: Caska, illuminated side step garnishes, fog lamps.
Price : 7.93 L OTR. (7.15 L ex-showroom)
Booking Amount : 21K.

Make : Tata
Model : Safari
Variant : VX 4X4
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 22 November 2011
Color : Arctic Silver
Delivery Date : 31 December 2011
Dealer & City : Oberoi Motors, Noida
Freebies : Prehike Rates, Free Insurance, Anti Rust Coating, Basic Accessories, Corporate discount

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 2618757)
Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : Corporate Edition
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 29/12/2011
Color : Alabaster Silver Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : 12/02/2012 (I demanded it)
Freebies : None.
Accessories Planned: Caska, illuminated side step garnishes, fog lamps.
Price : 7.93 L OTR. (7.15 L ex-showroom)
Booking Amount : 21K.

Congrats on the booking. Just one doubt: How come the booking date is 29/12/2011? Does that you are going to book on 29th or is it something else? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2618842)
Congrats on the booking. Just one doubt: How come the booking date is 29/12/2011? Does that you are going to book on 29th or is it something else? :)

Thanks, buddy.

I left the booking amount with them and told them to officially book my car on the 29th, as it is an auspicious date according to my Dad. Couldn't say no to his astrological calculations. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 2618866)
Thanks, buddy.

I left the booking amount with them and told them to officially book my car on the 29th, as it is an auspicious date according to my Dad. Couldn't say no to his astrological calculations. :Frustrati

Aaahhh, thought so. Astrology...till date except my marriage( I had least voice like every other groom), I have never done anything according to the position of the planets.:D

BTW, is the corporate edition a kind of an adjustment or sacrifice compared to the other variants or is it as good as it can get at this price? What I mean is did you feel some sort of cost cutting in this particular edition?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2618892)
Aaahhh, thought so. Astrology...till date except my marriage( I had least voice like every other groom), I have never done anything according to the position of the planets.:D

BTW, is the corporate edition a kind of an adjustment or sacrifice compared to the other variants or is it as good as it can get at this price? What I mean is did you feel some sort of cost cutting in this particular edition?

LOL tell me about it. One of the things which I have never believed in, but am forced to go along with, according to him.

"Ye ladka galat ghar me paida ho gaya hai. Brahman hone ka ek bhi gun isme nahi hai. Bhagwan jaane mera sab gyan ka kya hoga. Sab mere saath hi chala jayega. Ye to kabhi seekhega nahin."

I haven't seen the CE variant yet. The dealer had only a V MT for display (which was the only car they got from Honda for the launch). Deliveries are expected by the third quarter of January, so I will be visiting them again and checking out the CE in person. But I am confident that they wouldn't have done any cost cutting for the CE as well.

Only things missing in the CE are the frill features - everything else should be typical Honda quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 2618558)
Am about to book one. What was your On the road price? And any freebies you got?

thanks!

Corporate discount, I picked up alloys & the number plate. Tints/Mats/fogs/door stripes were given for the price of the alloys.. I'm happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 2509661)
Make : FORD (Blue Oval)
Model : New Fiesta
Variant : Trend
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 13th September 2011
Color : Moon Dust Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 2 Months:deadhorse
Dealer & City : MPL Ford, Chennai
Freebies : Contemplating to get 30% off on Insurance + Free Essential Pack + 3M Polish
Price: OTR: 11.30 lakhs

Cancelled this booking on 19th Dec 2011 as i wanted to change the dealer, but the dealer got back and offered a better deal. Re-booked the New Fiesta Titanium Plus Version today. Delivery will be mid-next week. Got a discount of around 45K.

Dealer & City : MPL Ford, Chennai
Freebies : Free Insurance + Free Essential Pack + 3M Polish
Price: OTR: 12.27 lakhs (Actual price: 12.72)

Make : Skoda
Model : Fabia
Variant : Ambiente
Fuel : Petrol 1.2
Booking Date : 26/12/11
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 7/1/12
Dealer & City :
JMD Auto, Thane
Freebies :[/b] Teflon Coating, Floor Mats and OVRM guards
Others : [/b]Massive Discount on Road Price

free.spiryt: How much discount on Fabia?

Anyone booked the 2012 Nano recently? What is the going rate? Is the 20000 Rs discount still on?

TIA!