Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-115.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 2572169)
+1 to that. As a diesel hatchback, the Swift is very hard to beat. Btw, i've been quoted 7 months waiting time for white ZDI! Has there been any reduction in waiting time after the production stabilized ?

Just asking as you've been quoted only a 5 month wait.

cool, I booked the same variant yesterday. They quoted 8-9 months waiting period. :deadhorse, you are lucky. I booked in Bannarghatta road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 2551214)
Make : Honda
Model : Jazz
Variant : X
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 19/10/2011
Color : Urban Titanium
Expected Delivery Date : 15/12/2011 (Tentative)
Freebies : Illuminated Side-step Garnishes.
Others : Corporate Discount 10K.
Price : 6.99 L OTR. (6.89 L actual)
Booking Amount : 25K.

Cancelled my Jazz X booking earlier today, due to bumping of delivery date to March 2012!

They will refund the Booking Amount of 25K fully. The dealer tried his best but Honda is going through severe supply issues right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi

Cancelled my Jazz X booking earlier today, due to bumping of delivery date to March 2012!

They will refund the Booking Amount of 25K fully. The dealer tried his best but Honda is going through severe supply issues right now.

That's a little sad RavenAvi. So what are you going for next? Anything particular mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2588396)
That's a little sad RavenAvi. So what are you going for next? Anything particular mind.

Nope, none right now, Ajay. I had extensively TDed all hatches in Jazz's price range before zeroing on it, so my mind is blank right now.

Up next for me is my sedan acquisition within the next 3 months, so thinking of postponing the hatch purchase for awhile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturalist (Post 2588320)
cool, I booked the same variant yesterday. They quoted 8-9 months waiting period. :deadhorse, you are lucky. I booked in Bannarghatta road.

Im not sure how it works but I have got call many times from my dealer asking to take the car which was canceled by the customer in the last minute.
Yes ive booked mine in july and will be taking delivery next week. Keep calling the sales guys and remind them that you need the car ASAP, you will get it faster :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturalist (Post 2588320)

Oh may be it has to do with the dealer. Even then 8-9 months is too much as the strike has been over for almost a month now, production would've stabilized.

Quote:

Originally Posted by livyodream (Post 2588424)
Im not sure how it works but I have got call many times from my dealer asking to take the car which was canceled by the customer in the last minute.
Yes ive booked mine in july and will be taking delivery next week. Keep calling the sales guys and remind them that you need the car ASAP, you will get it faster :)

I'm yet to get any such calls, though i keep calling my SA every week and bug him for an earlier delivery :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 2588368)

My brother-in-law also cancelled his Jazz booking couple of days back for exactly same reason.(Delivery not before 15-March).
He is now looking at Petrol Fabia.

Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : Emotion Pack
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 26th November 2011
Color : Exotica Red
Expected Delivery Date : 9th December 2011
Dealer & City : Pandit Auto, Pune
Freebies : Matting and Mud flaps
Others : Free insurance , 10000 offer discount , 3000 corporate discount.

Regards,
Sameer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samigo (Post 2590456)
Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : Emotion Pack
Booking Date : 26th November 2011
Color : Exotica Red
Expected Delivery Date : 9th December 2011
Dealer & City : Pandit Auto, Pune
Freebies : Matting and Mud flaps

Congratulations!! I am also a proud owner of a Punto bought in Oct-11 from Pandit auto. Sharing a few of my experiences:
1. If you really want the freebies, you really need to followup few days before delivery. I never got matting and mud flaps from Pandit auto. At the time of delivery they said it was out of stock.Called them twice after that and got other "stock" answers such as "diwali time,call later" and "still out of stock" etc. I got fade up and bought it from outside.
2. I suggest you do a PDI. Here are few niggles I have faced so far:
- The 12V socket is not working (I did not test it during PDI)
- Windshield washer spray not working.There is water in there but must be some leakage somewhere. (it worked during PDI and also at the time of delivery).
- (possibly) Left front wheel's RIM is out. The car was going left.When I swapped left front wheel with spare wheel, it was fine.
Apart from these, the car is a real pleasure to drive! enjoy!!

Thanks Mo1. I initially wanted the Emotion minus the pack. But after the test drive I decided the pack is what I want. The waiting period for emotion is slightly longer and I'm in a urgent need of a car (my swift baby got stolen).

Also, I have pledged not to allow any third party accessory shop to touch the stock car. Maybe only a Race chip in future :)

The Tata SE, a lady, was gigglishly annoying and stubborn on giving out any freebies.
Reasons: Fiat car prices are already on the south side compared to competition, Offer discounts and short waiting period. Take it or leave it attitude but finally managed to settle her down. Liva and Fabia were the alternative :)

Regards,
Sameer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil (Post 2564898)
ZLX? You mean VLX right?!

Its VLX as you see i was very much into Bolero so i can its just the handover from that ......

I booked a car for my colleague (he was out of station) under ford's midnight sale yesterday, i helped him finalize his decision as well. Team-bhp reviews and ownership threads played a huge part as well:thumbs up

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : Titanium (new with alloywheels and steering height adjustment)
Booking Date : 4th December 2011
Color : Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 16th December 2011
Dealer & City : Elite Ford, Marathhalli ring road, Bangalore
Freebies : Mudflaps/OEM floor mats/Carcover/3rd year warranty+road side assistance. won a Dvd Player under the midnight sale promotion :D
Others: Getting TataAig o% dep insurance with raiders ourselves. Dealer quoted insurance was 18K
Dealer experience: So far good, open for negotiations/freebies discussions. Agreed for PDI before registration in stockyard/after registration in showroom. Agreed for insurance from our end as well. Is aware of Team-bhp!

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : S-MT
Fuel : Huh?
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 17th December 2011
Dealer & City : Linkway Honda, Powai, Mumbai
Discounts : 96500 incl. 1 Re. insurance plus promise to provide Michelin tires.

I'd booked a Jazz in end Sept and got fed up of waiting. A test drive of the City sealed the deal in favor of the City. I currently drive the sedate City ZX and the iVtec impressed me no end with the peppiness it displayed, the OEM audio system and spaciousness.

Now to get a good set of alloys...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaas2000 (Post 2599654)
I booked a car for my colleague (he was out of station) under ford's midnight sale yesterday, i helped him finalize his decision as well. Team-bhp reviews and ownership threads played a huge part as well:thumbs up

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : Titanium (new with alloywheels and steering height adjustment)
Color : Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 16th December 2011
Dealer & City : Elite Ford, Marathhalli ring road, Bangalore
Freebies : Mudflaps/OEM floor mats/Carcover/3rd year warranty+road side assistance. won a Dvd Player under the midnight sale promotion :D
Others: Getting TataAig o% dep insurance with raiders ourselves. Dealer quoted insurance was 18K
Dealer experience: So far good, open for negotiations/freebies discussions. Agreed for PDI before registration in stockyard/after registration in showroom. Agreed for insurance from our end as well. Is aware of Team-bhp!

Congradulate your friend for booking a Wonderful VFM Car. Titanium already comes with the 2 DIN Audio Unit which is pretty good. Again what is this DVD You won?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinukm (Post 2600491)
Congradulate your friend for booking a Wonderful VFM Car. Titanium already comes with the 2 DIN Audio Unit which is pretty good. Again what is this DVD You won?

His preference was only swift VDI:D I explained to him about why ABS/airbags are needed and told him not to buy a car with out these two, atleast ABS is a must.
With 8 lakhs OTR here for Zdi and 1 year waiting period (quoted by 2 dealers) it was dropped like hot cake. Next was my car, Ritz VDI/ABS, he was sold for it, but waiting period of 6 months put him off. Then I suggested Figo Titanium, New titanium with alloys and steering height adjustment made it more vfm. It has 2 din audio unit with bluetooth as well!
I didn't win DVD:D He won a DVD Player under ford's midnight sale on sunday. Where they were giving assured gifts with every car booked that day (tv/camera/blackberry/dvdplayer) His coupon code won him a dvd player. Ford messaged that he will get it with in 30 days after he takes delivery of the car.