Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 23:29   #346
Senior - BHPian

Hi Balaji,

Just missed this thread. Hope now you may be anxiously awaiting for your new swift. Whether you are Ritzian or not the shell is different but the heart is same. Still we can share all the breath and circulation and the consumption of the Engine. This is common to both. Let us keep up.
Old 18th December 2009, 23:38   #347
Senior - BHPian

Hi funnyguru,

I am not in favor of sill guard. The reason behind it is they stick with some paste. Which comes out some times and looks awkward if one falls down. One new suggestion it is better to use the wheel cap binders to keep the wheel caps intact. I already lost one. Don't know it was stolen or missed. Even with the side mold also the scratches appears. Our Auto wala's and the mini door walas are great to do that job. The neigh neighboring car won't hit because they do get some scratch. It is up to you. When I visited the MASS I saw one blue blaze with side mold. It didn't look nice. I missed to take a snap. It could have been posted here.

Last edited by navan49 : 18th December 2009 at 23:40.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:15   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Bought a City Silver VMT yesterday for my mamaji,
Posting some snaps.
+
ruchir

Nice car indeed
so you will have a chance to drive honda as well as your own fiesta?
the you will find the difference in between the two

Enjoy the comfort and pleasure !
Old 19th December 2009, 16:32   #349
BHPian

Laura TSI - booking experience

Booked my Laura TSI (Black) from JMD in Mumbai. Corporate purchase. JMD has been a good experience. Gave me a TSI for test drive twice (could not decide for nearly 3 months). The car has arrived in their stockyard. I had a look at the car in the stockyard. One simple nice touch was the Chassis # visible on the windscreen. Looked for any dents/scratches in transit, kms driven, engine bay etc . Other than dust (cars are kept in an open compound), everything seemed good.

Since the Ambiente trim does not come with leather, have asked JMD to fit Stanley leather seat covers .

Plan to change the OEM Goodyear to Bridgestone Potenza GIII ( a set of 4 in exchange ). I have a quote for 8000 for 4 in exchange. Looking at if I can get a better quote.

JMD has promised to get Registration done early next week (did not insist on cheques being cleared since this was a corporate purchase). I thought that was pleasant and friendly gesture.

Will update with info for the benefit of anyone interested in buying a Laura TSI.

Plan to document my experience with the Laura TSI regularly
Old 20th December 2009, 13:34   #350

Booked a Black Laura 1.8 TSI

Hi People!

I booked a Black Laura 1.8 TSI (Petrol) yesterday with Vinayaka Cars, Bangalore. They Have a couple of vehicles in stock and delivery would happen as soon as Kotak processes my loan, which by the way is at 8.5%. Is that good?

The Vinayaka guys were amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed the service and the discounts (Free Insurance, Filming which I am wondering if I should plan independently, Floor mats, Mud flaps and Exhaust Chromes)

This model comes with 15" alloys and am planning to upgrade them to 16" and then change the stock 205/ 55/ 16 Goodyears to Michelin or Yoko. Help in choosing the make and size would be gratifying. Also what might be the cost of the tyres (5 nos.) after exchange, considering the first stop after the delivery would be at the tyre dealer's.

Also the dealer is charging me 25K for the 15 to 16 Upsizing including the rims (4 Alloys and 1 Steel) and 5 tyres. Any Laura owners who have done this at time of delivery, can we compare notes on this pricing

Upgrading Ice and Leather Seats would follow in due course.

Thanks Team Bhp for having made my decesion making highly informed.
Old 20th December 2009, 22:38   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easynow View Post
Hi People!

I booked a Black Laura 1.8 TSI (Petrol) yesterday with Vinayaka Cars, Bangalore. They Have a couple of vehicles in stock and delivery would happen as soon as Kotak processes my loan, which by the way is at 8.5%. Is that good?

The Vinayaka guys were amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed the service and the discounts (Free Insurance, Filming which I am wondering if I should plan independently, Floor mats, Mud flaps and Exhaust Chromes)

This model comes with 15" alloys and am planning to upgrade them to 16" and then change the stock 205/ 55/ 16 Goodyears to Michelin or Yoko. Help in choosing the make and size would be gratifying. Also what might be the cost of the tyres (5 nos.) after exchange, considering the first stop after the delivery would be at the tyre dealer's.

Also the dealer is charging me 25K for the 15 to 16 Upsizing including the rims (4 Alloys and 1 Steel) and 5 tyres. Any Laura owners who have done this at time of delivery, can we compare notes on this pricing

Upgrading Ice and Leather Seats would follow in due course.

Thanks Team Bhp for having made my decesion making highly informed.
Just the tyres (15") - from Goodyear to Yoko v550 - I got a quote of 4500 for a set of 4. Bridgestone Potenza 5000 to 8000 from different dealers.

I will check the 15 to 16 Alloys and tyres upgrade and let you know what I get. I would like to upgrade the wheels to 16" myself. Did you have to change the ODO settings to account for 16" wheels ?

Leather seats - Stanley Satin 34000 for seats and door
Old 20th December 2009, 23:43   #352

Hi Ravich!

The plan on my end is to upsize alloys from the dealer on delivery. Could you enquire with your dealer about Upsizing cost for the 4 alloys + 1 Steel spare rim with 16" Tyres. My dealer has quoted 25K for this. It would be nice if I could compare notes.

After delivery changing of rubber: The switch would be based upon the priorities as mentioned below.
1)Tyre Noise. 2) Comfort and grip (Hopefully without making a compromise on either) 3) Longevity.

Now if you could suggest anything on this regard, I would be obliged. My City has Bridgestone Potenzas and based upon my personal experience they dont qualify as per my personal yardsticks(Why do I have them on my City... Decesion made before I chanced upon Team BHP). Yokos going by whatever little knowledge I have gleaned from the forum would certainly qualify. The other front runner would be Michelins.

This link might be of help; http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-laura-12.html.

Regards,
-Vishwa

Ps: Since I am a Newbie here I understand I can't start a thread here. Why don't ye start a thread and we could take this there. This would be of great help to prospective Laura TSI buyers. What say?
Old 21st December 2009, 18:27   #353
BHPian

Laura - TSI

I am posting something after a long long gap. I had a big story ready, then realized that I can start a new thread under 'Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports' only after actually getting a new car.

So the news is that I am upgrading from my beloved Petra 1.6 to Laura-TSI. Thanks a lot to Imp! who was very helpful in making this decision.
I will post details on the buying experience after taking delivery of the car (month end).

I am really excited

Surprise! I saw Easynow's post only after putting in mine! So one more Laura, wonderful.

Last edited by sivadas : 21st December 2009 at 18:35.
Old 21st December 2009, 19:21   #354
Senior - BHPian

It seems to be raining Lauras on this thread!
Old 21st December 2009, 20:31   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
It seems to be raining Lauras on this thread!
Sure looks like it. Which color is it going to be Sivadas? Any Upgrades? About starting the Laura TSI thread; Why not start one on the "What Car" section? And since there are to be atleast four new Laura TSI owners that I know of on Team BHP by the end of this month end we can ask the MODs to Relocate the thread to the Test Drives and Initial ownership Experience Section. We could all pen down our ownership experiences there.

Regards,
-Vishwa
Old 21st December 2009, 21:56   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I booked for a Vista Terra Arctic Silver TDi Yesterday.I have some queries.Price OTR including Extended Warranty will come at 3.95 Lakhs after corporate discount,exchange/welcome bonus etc.

I am getting only floor mats,Seat Covers,Sun Film as free from Concorde tata dealer ,Cochin,Kerala.Is it a bit low offer?
Plans Changed - I paid in Full Cash for Vista Terra Quadrajet Marine Silver Today for Rs 4.22 Lakhs including Extended Warranty under "now or never offer". Also gone for 3M Under-body Rust Coating+Body Waxing/Polishing which will cost Me Rs3000.

Road Tax will cost Me Another 25000 Approximately.
The Dealership experience is not really good.Sales Executives are not really interested in even giving a Test Drive(Which Lately when insisted ,I got).they are giving Me only Floormats,Mud Flaps free with this car.no seat covers,sun film,central locking nothing.The justification is ,they have given Me way too Much Discout(??) including Free Insurance+Exchange Bonus+seperate 2000 Rupees Discount.

BTW ,I am Planning to Register the Car Next Year;I mean January.I hope it is a wiser decision albeit model of the car will remain as 2009.
Old 21st December 2009, 23:52   #357

Caught the i!

Make : Hyundai
Model : i10
Variant : Magna 1.2
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 12-Dec-09
Color : Oyster Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 21-Dec-09 evening, but taking on 22nd morning
Dealer & City : Trident, Indiranagar, Bangalore
Freebies : Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Car Cover, Keyless Entry/Remote Central Locking, Teflon Polish, Steering Cover
Others :
1) 1st Year Insurance: 14,651
2) 3rd Year Extended Warranty: 2,500
3) Cash Discount: 10,000
4) Corporate Discount: 4,000
6) 3M Tinted Film for 1,000 instead of free Xenos
7) i10 Cloth Seat Covers for 1,000

On road price 4,40,000

They were offering free MP3 Player+Speakers which I refused and instead bargained for other stuff. Will go get my own ICE in a few days.

I took a loan of 3.44L for the i10

Here's the initial offer of the loan that HDFC gave me
10%, Processing 4444 (Fee 3150, Stamp Duty 344 + 200, Not via dealer charge!?-750)

Final deal
9.5% Processing 2119 (Fee 1575 [i.e 50%], Stamp duty 344+200)

EMI - 10933 for 36 months

I outright refused to pay the 750 since their reason was that I came to them directly, I have been banking with them for more than 10 years and it has been my salary a/c for more than 5 yrs - why would I not be loyal and come to them directly? They said if I had taken the loan through the dealer, then that 750 would not be charged.

They reduced the processing fee to half when I told them Axis bank is offering the same

They had a few conditions - No part-payments, I had to pay at least the equivalent of 1 EMI to the dealer as down payment so I paid him 6k i addition to the 5k booking amount.
Also this is an Advance EMI, so I had to pay the dealer 1 EMI+Processing fee 2119 with the down payment. The actual tenure of the loan is 35 months and the actual loan amount is 3,44,000-10,933-2,119.

Hope this helps any of you going in for a loan.

Sam
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:52   #358
BHPian

Tata Safari

Hi, I just booked the beast

Make : Tata
Model : Safari
Variant : LX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 18/12/09
Color : Artic Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 30/12/09
Dealer & City : Rama Motors, N.Delhi
Freebies : Basic Accessories, etc
Others : Free, insurance, extended warranty, etc.

More updates to follow!
Cheers
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:57   #359

Make : Hyundai
Model : i10
Variant : Magna 1.2
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 17-Dec-09
Color : Oyster Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 26-Dec-09
Dealer & City : MGF Hyundai Delhi
Freebies : Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, 1st Year Insurance: free
On Road Cost - Rs 3.8 lacs (will have to spend on music system, under body coating)
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:16   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easynow View Post
Hi Ravich!

The plan on my end is to upsize alloys from the dealer on delivery. Could you enquire with your dealer about Upsizing cost for the 4 alloys + 1 Steel spare rim with 16" Tyres. My dealer has quoted 25K for this. It would be nice if I could compare notes.

After delivery changing of rubber: The switch would be based upon the priorities as mentioned below.
1)Tyre Noise. 2) Comfort and grip (Hopefully without making a compromise on either) 3) Longevity.

Now if you could suggest anything on this regard, I would be obliged. My City has Bridgestone Potenzas and based upon my personal experience they dont qualify as per my personal yardsticks(Why do I have them on my City... Decesion made before I chanced upon Team BHP). Yokos going by whatever little knowledge I have gleaned from the forum would certainly qualify. The other front runner would be Michelins.

This link might be of help; http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-laura-12.html.

Regards,
-Vishwa

Ps: Since I am a Newbie here I understand I can't start a thread here. Why don't ye start a thread and we could take this there. This would be of great help to prospective Laura TSI buyers. What say?

Congrats sir,
Are you getting the Skoda OE alloys or are you going for aftermarket ones?

Last edited by aparth : 22nd December 2009 at 19:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks