Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2021, 17:41   #4636
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Yeah he mentioned contactless hence shared the brochure, accessories list and price list via whatsapp. But I got the big booklet.

Just received a call few minutes back that my car is getting billed in the second week of this month.

OTR quoted - ₹ 11,61,979
Corporate discount - ₹ 3000
Exchange bonus - ₹ 7000
Discount on insurance - ₹ 7000
Less Ex. Warranty- ₹ 16999 (Will opt for it at a later date directly till the 6th year/150000kms)

Final OTR - ₹ 11,27,980

Have asked for Scuff plates (non-illuminated), Seat Covers and Ambient floor light to be give free although this is yet to be confirmed.
Congratulations!!.
Good choice on getting the non-illuminated scuff plates. Coming to the ambient floor lights, they only turn on when the doors are opened and stay on for a few seconds post unlocking/locking the car, they are not always on. We had negotiated hard for free accesories and they ended up giving us the ambient floor lights complimentary since my dad mentioned that he's buying it as a gift for someone. They are worth it only if you are getting them for free, not worth paying money for it.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 18:32   #4637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Congratulations!!.
Good choice on getting the non-illuminated scuff plates. Coming to the ambient floor lights, they only turn on when the doors are opened and stay on for a few seconds post unlocking/locking the car, they are not always on. We had negotiated hard for free accesories and they ended up giving us the ambient floor lights complimentary since my dad mentioned that he's buying it as a gift for someone. They are worth it only if you are getting them for free, not worth paying money for it.
Thank you !

Sorry for going OT.

Honestly this particular variant does not need any sort of extra accessories on top of what we get. But we have the ambient lighting in our Innova and I am sort of used to seeing the floor light up in the evenings when we enter the car. I will get it installed only if given free and also only if it requires a plug and play installation(strictly no wire cutting).

Scuff plates is more for functionality, my Innova does not have them and the door sills have terrible scratches after 11 years of usage.

Other than that I have no intention of getting any form of paint protection (PPF/ Ceramic Coating/Teflon). I am extremely old school that way and I guess an annual detailing session should keep that black paint looking neat.
Old 6th March 2021, 08:29   #4638
KPR
BANNED

I had contemplated about buying a new car exchanging my Punto evo 90hp that has run close a Lakh km in ODO. Choices were ES and SCross and paid booking amount towards both. There was a thread in this regard as well to help me in taking a decision. Thanks for all members who gave their input.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post5001983 (Punto 90HP replacement | Ford EcoSport vs Maruti S-Cross)

After detailed discussion with family decided on:
Our 2015 Punto to remain home as we cannot expect such a well built car at such a price in India anymore. Ignis that is the beater of family will be replaced by another petrol car primarily used by my wife. The replacement will be SCross.

Booking details:
SCross 1.5P Caffeine Brown Zeta
Booking amount 25000.
Delivery: Unknown
Discount: to be finalized based on month of delivery either in March or April of 2021.
Selling procedures of our Ignis delta is going on.

Last edited by KPR : 6th March 2021 at 08:33.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 13:09   #4639

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
I am in a similar kind of pickle, may I know what propelled your decision to book Ecosport over Nexon finally?
Hello,

Sure, my reasons were:

1. The driving dynamics, steering response, gearbox and handling in Ecosport felt a bit better.
2. Family preferred the Ecosport Sports variant looks and additional safety features(6 airbags). This made me bump up my titanium booking to Ecosport titanium Sports. Got a great deal as one of my colleague also booked though my reference.
3. Waiting period of Nexon was quoted as 17 weeks while Ecosport dealer promised within 4-6 weeks.

Coming to current status, me and my colleague both are planning to cancel our Ecosport Titanium S bookings due to dealer problems. Thankfully BHPian Shanksta mentioned about booklet which made me go back to dealer and insist on same. Hesitantly, sales manager pulled out docket when I mentioned that I will cancel my booking if proper docket number(booking reference) was not provided. Secondly, they had promised delivery within March at time of booking which they are now refusing. Also there were many other factors which led me to believe that dealer was not maintaining transparency.

When I contacted the second dealer here, he seemed transparent enough and also agreed to match the price offered by first with some more accessories thrown in. But, he was not ready to give the agreed OTR price in writing.

I am now looking at other options from other segments in case I finally cancel this booking.

Hope, this was helpful if you are planning to book your car in Kolkata
Old 7th March 2021, 14:03   #4640
BHPian

Posting little late, hope this helps
Make : Porsche
Model : Macan 2020
Variant : 2.0
Extra Spec: Sports Chrono package, Panaromic Sunroof, Alcantara seats, Sports Plus steering
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date :9th Nov 2020
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : Delivered on 13th Nov 2020
Dealer & City : Porsche delhi centre NCR
Freebies : 3 years maintenance service package/ 45k kms with 2 years warranty included
Bottle of champagne and a Porsche reveal video interview published on their social platform
General Porsche service cost from 60,000 to 1,35,000

Others: if you want 2+2 years warranty approx 3.5 lacs extra
Reg: HP
Ex Showroom : 69,99000 + Extra Spec around 3.5 lacs
Insurance : ICICI ( Porsche) fully covered against all odds including rodents
OTR: 80+
Discounts : almost negligible for details you can DM me

Last edited by a4_attitude : 7th March 2021 at 14:04.
a4_attitude is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 18:10   #4641
BHPian

Booked my 1st car! Very excited to start with my dream car. Counting days!
Make : Ford
Model : Endeavour 2.0
Variant : Titanium + 4x4
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 24 Feb
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : April 30th
Dealer & City : Bangalore
Freebies : Mat, dustbin and basic accesories
Others : Almost negligible
motomonk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 11:01   #4642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
Replacing our 2018 Ecosport Titanium + AT, with a Hyundai Tucson.
Congratulations on the Tucson.
Just out of curiosity, any reason of selling the Ecosport so soon?
Old 8th March 2021, 21:59   #4643
BHPian

The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseud View Post
Make : BMW

Model : X1

Variant : 20i SportX

Booking Date :28th Feb

Color : Pythonic Blue (new for X1)

Expected Delivery Date : 26th March

Dealer & City : Navnit Motors, Bangalore

Freebies :None

Others : Planning to take 3 year BSI+ at the time of car delivery

BMW and no discount 😆 or did you forget to mention? I am pretty sure you can haggle for atleast a couple of lakhs off.

Last edited by shivasuma : 8th March 2021 at 22:00.
Old 8th March 2021, 22:10   #4644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
BMW and no discount 😆 or did you forget to mention? I am pretty sure you can haggle for atleast a couple of lakhs off.
Well I did get 3.2l discount
Old 9th March 2021, 13:03   #4645
BHPian

Posting late.

Make : Skoda
Model : Rapid 1.0
Variant : Ambition
Booking Date : 8th Feb 2021
Color : White
Delivery Date : 16th Feb 2021
Dealer & City : Tafe Access, St. Marks Road , Bangalore
Freebies : None
Others : Purchased extended warranty and Maintenance Package.
ankitsharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:16   #4646
BHPian

Replacing my wife's present car, a 2010 Micra XV Petrol MT with an AMT for obvious reasons considering city driving. With the current prices of good and safe AT hatchbacks breaching the 10 lac barrier, decided to take the plunge for a safe compact SUV that can also be used for outings.

Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV300
Variant : W8(O) AMT
Booking Date : 27-Feb-2021
Color : Aquamarine
Expected Delivery Date : 28-Mar-2021 depending on availability
Dealer & City : Sahyadri Motors, Baner Pune
Freebies : None, not even a parcel tray or a mud-flap (or 2 :P)
Others : Exchange Bonus of 25K and Overall Discounts of 19K, Insurance Quote matching or Insurance of my own choice
jagzrk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 20:00   #4647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Congratulations on the Tucson.
Just out of curiosity, any reason of selling the Ecosport so soon?
Thank you 07CR.

The new Tucson will be on office lease. It was impractical for us to own both the cars (Parking spot being the primary reason). The EcoSport was in top shape and it was hard to bid goodbye to the vehicle and the depreciation disaster only added to it!
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 23:01   #4648
Senior - BHPian

After losing my Fiesta 1.6 sxi petrol in the deluge in Hyderabad last October, I shied away from booking a replacement as i had a Figo tdci 1.4 in the household, apart from a Verna (1.6 diesel owned by my son). And all 4 of us were working from home from last March.

But i could not control the urge, so started TD'ng vehicles with a max OTR of under 15 lakhs. Finally homed in on the diesel Ecosport Sports edition (top end). Booked with an advance of 10k on Feb 28th and was promised delivery by April 10th by Vibrant Ford, Somajiguda, Hyderabad.

Ex showroom - 1149000
Registration- 165460
Insurance with zero dep- 64396(to be negotiated--can be brought down to <40k)
4&5 EW - 16999
Basic Accessories - 4230
9.5% TCS --8618 (can be claimed in tax return)
Total OTR - 14,08703

Negotiated with dealer for free accessories of 10k and will know the insurance quote tomorrow, after they take into account my 50% NCB on the WagonR i'd sold 2 years ago.

To my good luck, another person who had booked the same variant and colour (Canyon Ridge) a month ago was allotted the car a week ago, but his bank loan was getting delayed. I was offered that car instead. I rushed to the stockyard for PDI with my son and found that it ticked all boxes. Per VIN, it was manufactured in Feb 2021.

Confirmed to take delivery tomorrow, after he gives me the final quote for insurance. I've asked for corporate discount too--heard it was a meager 3 k at the time of booking.

Will update tomorrow. Very excited!

Last edited by vnabhi : 10th March 2021 at 23:03.
vnabhi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 23:15   #4649

Upgrading to SUV, Sold our 10 years old 2011 Wagon R K10, There was no question of selling 6 year old Punto Evo 90 hp Sportz(all black interior version) and when ever I had doubts about keeping it due to service and spare part concerns my wife quickly quashed them all, so Punto stays with us. After much deliberation to choose between Jeep Compass and Hyundai Tucson, we decided to go with Tucson.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Tucson
Variant : 4WD AT GLS
Colour : Polar White (PWT)
Booking Date : 7th March, 2021
Expected Delivery Date : 27th March, 2021
Dealer & City : PeeYesYem Hyundai,Mylapore, Chennai
Total Discounts : ₹112.5K from OTR quoted by Dealer, Purchased insurance from Dealer itself.
Freebies : In discussion
Price On-Road : ₹33,12,558 - ₹112,558 = ₹32,000,00
Booking Amount : ₹50,000
TourqeHead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 07:21   #4650
BHPian

Make : Skoda
Model : Superb VIN20 MY21
Variant : L&K
Colour : Candy White
Booking Date : 15th Feb, 2021
Expected Delivery Date : 15th March, 2021
Dealer & City : PPS, Bengaluru

PPS being new, I considered TAFE initially. Manager turned out to be very pushy, not my type. Knew a couple of people at PPS, so gave them a try. PPS, as you know, replaced Vinayak Skoda.

I was in no hurry whatsoever, so paid up INR 50k towards booking and hung back. Was sure they would not like to carry over VIN20 inventory to the next FY, especially since it was blocked for me. I had them chase me & it worked

Insurance - They had quoted INR 1.4L, got it done elsewhere at INR 73k(no change in offerings). Put your foot down and threaten to cancel.

Finance (Which car loan company to go for?) - Punjab & Sind Bank @ 7.1%. They are a hidden gem and are WAY better than the biggies. Their T&C has an interesting clause - Improve your CIBIL by 50 points and we'll reduce your ROI by 0.1%. End to end - 3 business days. Thinking of moving my home loan to them
vinu_h is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks