Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2021, 00:40   #4726

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhnsingh View Post
Dealer (JMD) has informed that car has been allocated to me - not sure what it means. It is asking for 80% payment to be done upfront then they will raise the purchase order to Skoda. And, thereafter it will come to them after few days and then they will call me for inspection and remaining payment to be done. They are saying delivery will happen within 15 working days after receiving 80% payment. Just wanted to check if this is the usual practice?
Update: So, had a call with sales person, he informed that dealers are currently not looking to take cars on their inventory, as they have enough inventory due to lockdown - sales have taken a hit and ppl have also cancelled their bookings. The car colour I had chosen was not in its inventory. He said that the car will reach dealership within 4 days of 80% payment. And, can check the car then. And, delivery within 7-10 days after remaining payment is received - delay on account of RTO office limited working hours. He is agreed that any damage during transportation or prior to delivery will be taken care by them.
rhnsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 12:17   #4727
BHPian

Quote:
Update: So, had a call with sales person, he informed that dealers are currently not looking to take cars on their inventory, as they have enough inventory due to lockdown - sales have taken a hit and ppl have also cancelled their bookings. The car colour I had chosen was not in its inventory. He said that the car will reach dealership within 4 days of 80% payment. And, can check the car then. And, delivery within 7-10 days after remaining payment is received - delay on account of RTO office limited working hours. He is agreed that any damage during transportation or prior to delivery will be taken care by them.
Hello,
As this isn't standard practice and dealer wants to cover the deal by making you commit with 80% of the total amount, please take everything in writing. Times are bad and all businesses are strained. It might make people do things that they wouldn't do normally and car buying experience would turn out sour for you. Even I booked my car with the same process as others mentioned. And it was for a non running model too. So it depends how you negotiate the deal. If you put your foot down and bring in another dealer then he may budge.

All the best and hope to see your ride pictures soon. Rapid is a great car. I did consider it briefly when JMD offered leasing option to me. But I didn't go the leasing way and bought the SCROSS Alpha 2 years back.
DieselAnna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 13:03   #4728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: So, had a call with sales person, he informed that dealers are currently not looking to take cars on their inventory, as they have enough inventory due to lockdown - sales have taken a hit and ppl have also cancelled their bookings. The car colour I had chosen was not in its inventory.
Hey!

Even if the SA is saying so, I'd recommend you to tell him to get the car before you make any payment. Give him assurance that if the car has no problems (which it shouldn't, considering its a factory fresh piece) after the PDI, you'll be definitely taking delivery, preferably in writing. That way, both parties stay happy. You'll not have to pay anything risking an issue in the PDI and the Dealer will also not have to take up inventory.

The other option is to let the SA know that if tou pay any money, it should be refunded rightfully if there is any issue in the PDI.

Please ensure any assurance given by you or the SA is in writing and not just word of mouth.

This is only because of the special case, otherwise with so many Skoda stories, I wouldn't pay a dime until I see the car in the flesh.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st May 2021 at 16:00. Reason: Please do not bold your wordings unless necessary. Thanks.
akash_v12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 13:49   #4729
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer (JMD) has informed that car has been allocated to me - not sure what it means. It is asking for 80% payment to be done upfront then they will raise the purchase order to Skoda. And, thereafter it will come to them after few days and then they will call me for inspection and remaining payment to be done. They are saying delivery will happen within 15 working days after receiving 80% payment. Just wanted to check if this is the usual practice?
I got my Ambition from Tafe Bangalore. This is definitely not a standard practice. You should insist on paying after you do the PDI of the car. This means that the car is in the stockyard and you have validated the details/car in person.
I did the same. I insisted from the beginning that I would pay only after the PDI. I paid full after the PDI.

Also keep any communication wrt funds transfer on the mail with screenshots/receipts and ask the dealer to also reply on those mails from their official address.

P.S. Another trick that works for me though is that I wear the Team-BHP T-Shirt whenever I visit any car showroom.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st June 2021 at 23:46. Reason: Typo.
ankitsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 11:18   #4730

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

We had discussion with dealer - verbal and email both - they want this upfront payment as they have seen cancellations. They have agreed (on mail) to take care of any pre delivery related issues. They have agreed that car will be available for inspection within a week of payment. I am still hesitant but wife wants to go ahead in good spirit. And, she needs the car more than me - she has to go to office. I work from home.

Hoping that dealer and Skoda doesn't screw us over!

Once again, than you for your valuable suggestions - really helped us in our discussion with dealer.
rhnsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 23:14   #4731
BHPian

Hello All,

Booked today, Kia Seltos HTK plus iMT petrol.
Paid booking amount of 25k, on road price 14.05 lacs including extended warranty.
Monthly running under 1k kms, was skeptical about IMT but decided to give it a go. Hope it turns out good.
raviacc2825 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 13:00   #4732
BHPian

Booked a Volkswagen Vento. 1.0 Petrol TSI (only config available)
Going for the AT instead of the MT. (white)

Booked with Whitefield Volkswagen Bangalore.

Price quoted - 14.55 Lacs On Road
Final Price - 13.90 Lacs after discount on road - insurance
I will get insurance done myself.

Showroom is asking 13000 for installing OEM reverse parking camera which is not available in the Highline. Do BHPians think this is worth it? Getting this from external vendors may void warranty!

Hoping that lockdown gets over on 7th June and have been trying to push for 10th June as date of delivery!
sedanlover2021 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 13:52   #4733
BHPian

Quote:
Update: So, had a call with sales person, he informed that dealers are currently not looking to take cars on their inventory, as they have enough inventory due to lockdown - sales have taken a hit and ppl have also cancelled their bookings. He said that the car will reach dealership within 4 days of 80% payment. And, can check the car then.
I am in similar predicament as I have also received the same update from my dealer in Chennai Pls see my reply below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanlover2021 View Post
Booked a Volkswagen Vento. 1.0 Petrol TSI (only config available)
Going for the AT instead of the MT. (white)

Booked with Whitefield Volkswagen Bangalore.

Price quoted - 14.55 Lacs On Road
Final Price - 13.90 Lacs after discount on road - insurance
I will get insurance done myself.

Showroom is asking 13000 for installing OEM reverse parking camera which is not available in the Highline. Do BHPians think this is worth it? Getting this from external vendors may void warranty!

Hoping that lockdown gets over on 7th June and have been trying to push for 10th June as date of delivery!
I booked the Skoda Rapid Rider Plus 1.0 TSI AT Petrol (White) with Gurudev Motors Teynampet.

On Road Price 11.20/-. Additional(optional) Rs 60000/- for 5th and 6th year warranty and Skoda Standard(SMP 4 years) maintenance package which includes yearly/15000km x 4 services.

Reverse Parking Camera is also not available in the Rider Plus.OEM fitment at Rs 13000 quoted by VW is too expensive and I am sure even Skoda will quote the same.We can get it for less than Rs 3000/- from after market but I am not sure whether this can be integrated in the OEM touchscreen infotainment system. If you get any leads on this pls share.

SA informed no discounts on offer on this variant. Though I have asked him to throw in the extended warranty or the SMP as complimentary. He has not confirmed it but will try his best.I am also thinking of doing the insurance on my own as that will save a bit.

I paid the booking amount of Rs. 25000/- as online transfer last Saturday. On Monday the SA informed that my car has been allotted and will be dispatched from the factory shortly. He has asked me to make around 50% of the payment in a week's time and once the lockdown is lifted he will arrange for the registration formalities.I am thinking of making the payment after June 7th as by then we will know the lockdown status.

SA has not provided a receipt for the booking amount as he said that can be done only once the showroom opens.

What can I ask him to share as proof of the vehicle allotment by the factory before I make the 50% payment as I don't want to be taken for a ride as there is uncertainty with the lockdowns etc.

Why I am insisting on asking for proof is that when I had test driven the vehicle in March SA informed that waiting period for this variant is 6-8 weeks. When I decided to go ahead with the purchase last week he informed the same thing. Once I booked he says he can deliver once the lockdown is lifted which could be within this month.
Old 2nd June 2021, 14:42   #4734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post

Why I am insisting on asking for proof is that when I had test driven the vehicle in March SA informed that waiting period for this variant is 6-8 weeks. When I decided to go ahead with the purchase last week he informed the same thing. Once I booked he says he can deliver once the lockdown is lifted which could be within this month.
If the car is allotted he should be able to give you the VIN number and you can cross check the same at time of doing PDI.

I gave an advance of INR 10000, the SA told me the same thing that booking receipt can be given only after lockdown gets over.

I will try to hard negotiate for getting the camera installed for cheaper. I am unsure if it comes with adaptive guideline feature or not, do you have any clue?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 2nd June 2021 at 15:00. Reason: Trimmed the post within quotes for better readability. Thanks.
Old 2nd June 2021, 18:07   #4735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in similar predicament as I have also received the same update from my dealer in Chennai Pls see my reply below.

Quote:
Hey!

Even if the SA is saying so, I'd recommend you to tell him to get the car before you make any payment. Give him assurance that if the car has no problems (which it shouldn't, considering its a factory fresh piece) after the PDI, you'll be definitely taking delivery, preferably in writing. That way, both parties stay happy. You'll not have to pay anything risking an issue in the PDI and the Dealer will also not have to take up inventory.

The other option is to let the SA know that if tou pay any money, it should be refunded rightfully if there is any issue in the PDI.

Please ensure any assurance given by you or the SA is in writing and not just word of mouth.

This is only because of the special case, otherwise, with so many Skoda stories, I wouldn't pay a dime until I see the car in the flesh.
I'll say exactly the same for you too since dealers are indeed getting cancellations. But, what is a red flag to me is the SA's word. If he said that he could not deliver before 6-8 weeks after booking, then it should be the same now too. Although there is a chance that someone else might've canceled their booking and you might've been allotted theirs, I still wouldn't make the payment until I see the car.

Also, since this is Skoda, get everything in writing. Trickery is the word of the hour right now with dealers.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 2nd June 2021 at 18:10.
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 20:54   #4736

Quote:

I booked the Skoda Rapid Rider Plus 1.0 TSI AT Petrol (White) with Gurudev Motors Teynampet.

On Road Price 11.20/-. Additional(optional) Rs 60000/- for 5th and 6th year warranty and Skoda Standard(SMP 4 years) maintenance package which includes yearly/15000km x 4 services.

Reverse Parking Camera is also not available in the Rider Plus.OEM fitment at Rs 13000 quoted by VW is too expensive and I am sure even Skoda will quote the same.We can get it for less than Rs 3000/- from after market but I am not sure whether this can be integrated in the OEM touchscreen infotainment system. If you get any leads on this pls share.

SA informed no discounts on offer on this variant. Though I have asked him to throw in the extended warranty or the SMP as complimentary. He has not confirmed it but will try his best.I am also thinking of doing the insurance on my own as that will save a bit.

I paid the booking amount of Rs. 25000/- as online transfer last Saturday. On Monday the SA informed that my car has been allotted and will be dispatched from the factory shortly. He has asked me to make around 50% of the payment in a week's time and once the lockdown is lifted he will arrange for the registration formalities.I am thinking of making the payment after June 7th as by then we will know the lockdown status.

SA has not provided a receipt for the booking amount as he said that can be done only once the showroom opens.

What can I ask him to share as proof of the vehicle allotment by the factory before I make the 50% payment as I don't want to be taken for a ride as there is uncertainty with the lockdowns etc.

Hi..just to update - made 80% payment. SA got the car to home for inspection within a week as he had promised. Drove around a bit and did PDI to the extent possible. As per VIN - April 2021 production. Sharing couple of pics.

Then made remaining payment today. Hoping to get delivery within 10 days or so - as informed by SA, RTO is working with limited hours so might take time. Things going smooth till now - fingers crossed that no major hurdles.

As others have updated - pls make sure that you have written records. I used to send email to dealer after every telephonic and whatsapp discussion as to what we have discussed and agreed upon. And, get confirmation. Hope this is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20210601_122149.jpg  

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20210601_122131.jpg  

rhnsingh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:32   #4737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanlover2021 View Post
If the car is allotted he should be able to give you the VIN number and you can cross check the same at time of doing PDI.

I will try to hard negotiate for getting the camera installed for cheaper. I am unsure if it comes with adaptive guideline feature or not, do you have any
Thanks I shall insist on the VIN before making further payment. No I do not know about the adaptive guideline feature in the reverse parking camera.

Quote:

As others have updated - pls make sure that you have written records. I used to send email to dealer after every telephonic and whatsapp discussion as to what we have discussed and agreed upon. And, get confirmation. Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for the advice.

Congrats of the lovely car. It looks really nice and you are lucky to have got it fairly soon inspite of the lockdowns.
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 20:22   #4738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Hello All,

Booked today, Kia Seltos HTK plus iMT petrol.
Paid booking amount of 25k, on road price 14.05 lacs including extended warranty.
Monthly running under 1k kms, was skeptical about IMT but decided to give it a go. Hope it turns out good.
Update, I canceled this booking and opted for htx automatic version due to safety features and proper automatic.
raviacc2825 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 20:56   #4739
BHPian

Our 2013 Swift Dzire Vxi will complete 8 years in September with 46k on odo. So it was time to replace it. We started looking for a car in March and zeroed on Hyundai Creta.

We have selected Creta not because it sells in huge numbers, but because no other option is suitable. Hector won't fit in our garage, Harrier and Compass auto are out of budget, Skoda has no showroom in Uttarakhand (also a newly launched car from Skoda does not inspire confidence), Honda City is a sedan, sub-4m cars lack space and there is already a Seltos in our locality. We were also initially interested in the other cars that were rumored for launches in 2022, but due to reasons, we wanted the car at least by the end of 2021.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Creta
Variant: SX
Powertrain: 1.5 GDI Petrol - IVT
Booking Date: 05th June 2021
Colour: Mulberry Red
Expected Delivery Date: Dealer says 4 months, but I am doubtful because of the recent plant closure due to Covid-19
Dealer & City: BM Hyundai, Dehradun
Offers/discounts: Nill
Booking amount: 21,000

Ex-showroom price - 15,44,000
OTR price - 17,50,000 (approx)

We contacted two dealers, one nearest to us (50kms away) and the other in Dehradun (160kms away), and decided to go with BM Hyundai in Dehradun as the other dealer wasn't ready to sell the car without insurance and also added many unnecessary charges. We have already found a buyer for our Dzire who has agreed to pay 3,35,000 and also wait till we get our Creta. Hopefully, we will get the car in 4 months.
YD14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 18:52   #4740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Update, I canceled this booking and opted for htx automatic version due to safety features and proper automatic.
Congrats for booking the Seltos and you made the right thing by canceling the HTK+ iMT version and going for HTX iVT version, which is a proper automatic and has safety features like ESP, TC, VSM, HA!

BTW, which colour did you opt for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks