Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2006, 18:55   #16
BHPian

I agree with you budget is tight.. and i thought 30k was being generous :-(. Again out of curiosity, how much would a good system cost. Remember not the best just a good SQ system ?
Old 1st August 2006, 19:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
I agree with you budget is tight.. and i thought 30k was being generous :-(. Again out of curiosity, how much would a good system cost. Remember not the best just a good SQ system ?
well..........i gave u the hint in the last post.Its about 70k,will give u option of really good 5-ch amp or 4-ch+mono amp with good speakers,HU,wiring and subw.
But even ur 30k is quite good if u dont look around too much or think of kickpanels.Dont mind but this happens to most [happened to me as well] but then difference in SQ will be manifold.

I highly recommend u to read 'what ICE @ what price'.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 1st August 2006 at 19:15.
Old 1st August 2006, 19:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

with all the demands in ur first post the cost could be any thats why please suggest us what do u want and then we can tell u the stuff to install...
Old 1st August 2006, 19:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Joseph sahab,

I am still searching for the eternal meaning of SQ. Now you come and confuse me saying that I just want good SQ, not the best. If SQ is not the best, what is?

The Optra has good doors. For your budget, pop in a good pair of 6.5" comps in front and coaxes at the back. A sub to boot (pun not intended), if you so fancy, and come back to the forum with the nick sq_joseph. We'll all honour it.

Cheers.
Old 1st August 2006, 19:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I am still searching for the eternal meaning of SQ.
I am with u B&T on this quest.......
Old 1st August 2006, 21:12   #21
BHPian

70K ?? .. man thats a lot.. but then i guess thats the price for a good sound system. but then thats how much I would pay for a home audio system.

Anyways i think like someone suggested I should stop dreaming and get down to the sad facts of life.. ok so as per popular suggestion this is what i will do:
1. Put Comps in the front. Would this mean a Midrange in the doors and a tweeter in the dash.
2. Put Coax in the rear (2 way as suggested earlier) actually this I can slavage from my previous car.
3. A HU which supports MP3,AAC and WMA
4. Bass and amp if budget permits. (or plan an upgrade later)

No kickpanels and related fancy stuff(probably will upgrade later .. very later )....

Hey just a query, putting in an amp will draw a lot of power from the battery is that ok or do i have to get a bigger battery or something like that.. if the question is stupid ... I apologise for my ignorance.
Old 1st August 2006, 21:21   #22
BHPian

B&T... when a purist look for SQ its always the best and there is no compromise there because it is clear in his head as to what the best SQ is... but then the price for the solution hits him on his head and best SQ is not as crystal clear as it was earlier but now has shades of grey and the shades of grey keep extending till it falls within his budget :-)
Old 1st August 2006, 22:03   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Old 2nd August 2006, 09:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

B&T, its an Aveo

IF it was me, a 5.25' compos @ frnt
6.5inch co-ax at rear

USe damping at frnt doors /spacers; may need cutting . 2 mumbai u can get good installers

a 4 channel amp: sony/jvc :4.5k

abt the frnt; i think it should take 5.25 easily.4inch it cant be. CAn someone clarify?
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:14   #25
BHPian

The Aveo will take 6.5" components in the front and 6.5" coax at the back. Power them with decent 4 channel amp.

Aveo has stock location for tweeters in the A pillar!!
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey just a query, putting in an amp will draw a lot of power from the battery is that ok or do i have to get a bigger battery or something like that.
NOpe... you dont need a bigger battery... all you need to ensure is that the engine is running while you play!
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:21   #27
BHPian

ok folks after reading some more board topics, this seems to be the general agreement:
1. JBL or Inifinity speakers Comps for the front and coax for the rear, but both of the same brand. JBL if on a budget else go for infinity. Sony was also recommended in some cases nbut there was a lot of people saying that sony speakers are not as good.
2. A 4 channel amp - Sony or JBL - Sony for those on a budget
3. Sub - not very clear on this too many opinions. High opinions on JBL. Pioneer for those on a budget

Another question does the Sub come with its own amp or do we have to get another amp for the sub,

This I think is the general opinion across the various threads. Your views please.

So this is what i finally want:
1. Comps for the front - 2 mid range drivers in the doors and 2 tweeters in the dash
2. Coax in the back - 2 way in the parcel tray
3. Amp to drive the 4
4. Sub in the boot (might drop this for a later day depending on total cost)

So go ahead guys give me your suggestions for each.
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

One thing u are good to go with the above stuff.........

and do post ur comments after the install with the pics.....
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:35   #29
Team-BHP Support

Sam is going to kill me but here goes....

1. JBL and Infinity are both owned by Harman Intl. they cater to differetn tastes and Infinity does cost a bit more. I would also look at Alpine (Type R or S) or if you can afford it Blau's velocity range (the rest I cant say).

2. JBL/Alpine S comps run about 6-7K, Coax 3-4K. Infinity etc. are a bit more.
So lets say 10K used for speakers.

3. I'd get a nice 4 ch. amp for 10K.

4. Get a box sub for 10K.

30K without HU.
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:45   #30
BHPian

Navin thanks a lot. Have some queries though:
1. Read of many threads that front and back speakers should be as far as possible from the same brand.
2. Is Blaupunkt Velocity better than JBL GTO series?? How much does it cost?
3. What about the coax.. do i go in for JBL or blaupunkt
4. A box sub (does this include the amp required by the sub or do i have to get an additional one)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks