Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 21:00   #91
BHPian

@ pypkmsrikanth...u obviously guessed it right...this is the same Jimmy jose from IRFCA ERS and myself am deepak murali from thrissur...guess now a days some IRFCA'n are also going on board in team bhp!!
Old 24th March 2010, 13:32   #92
BHPian

Took these two snaps while coming back from Muthanga.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-07032010238.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-07032010253.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 14:27   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Took these two snaps while coming back from Muthanga.
Cool! You're lucky to have spotted both those on the same day. Rare catch.
Old 7th April 2010, 08:59   #94
BHPian

PMS is one of the oldest operators to Kerala high ranges. They had opened up several routes to the hills, like Ernakulam-Munnar, Ernakulam-Kumaly, etc etc.

KSRTC, inorder to earn quick money, put a bus just a few minutes ahead of well set PMS routes. Unable to withstand this cruel competition, PMS withdrew from several routes. They have reduced the bus services. They are now the largest suppliers of sports uniforms in India under the brand name Tracks. They supply uniforms to Indian Hockey team, athletic team etc.

PMS always had lovely buses, built at their own garage in Kothamangalam. They once had buses that had european sports car type headlamps that could be folded in.

They still come out with beautiful buses. This is a brand new bus operating Kattappana-Aluva Fast passenger.

My try with photo panning..
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0080a.jpg  

Old 7th April 2010, 12:08   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek View Post
PMS is one of the oldest operators to Kerala high ranges. They had opened up several routes to the hills, like Ernakulam-Munnar, Ernakulam-Kumaly, etc etc.

KSRTC, inorder to earn quick money, put a bus just a few minutes ahead of well set PMS routes. Unable to withstand this cruel competition, PMS withdrew from several routes. They have reduced the bus services. They are now the largest suppliers of sports uniforms in India under the brand name Tracks. They supply uniforms to Indian Hockey team, athletic team etc.

PMS always had lovely buses, built at their own garage in Kothamangalam. They once had buses that had european sports car type headlamps that could be folded in.

They still come out with beautiful buses. This is a brand new bus operating Kattappana-Aluva Fast passenger.

Nice livery on that PMS.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:22   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nice pic. The bus looks neat. Subtle and elegant.

Hey, is there a hologram on the numberplate, if I see it right? I thought hologram marked numberplates were mandatory only for cars.

Any day, I would prefer a KeSRTC to a private bus (My personal opinion). For some reason, I just love traveling in the aana vandi.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

Hey, is there a hologram on the numberplate, if I see it right? I thought hologram marked numberplates were mandatory only for cars.

Any day, I would prefer a KeSRTC to a private bus (My personal opinion). For some reason, I just love traveling in the aana vandi.
Its for the first time I am seeing a BUS with the hologram marked costly number plate.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:52   #98
BHPian

This is KSRTC's irizar built 12 metre leyland AC bus converted to ordinary at Aluva workshop.

The bus is not that old and used to operate Thiruvananthapuram-Bangalore AC semi sleeper. Now it will operate as some shuttle, Too young to be made a shuttle
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0892a.jpg  

Old 7th April 2010, 14:33   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

KSRTC SF serive to Munnar is awsome. But i have fond memories of PMS and PPK, they used to compete with each other with new buses and designs om Kothamangalam - high range route. Good old days.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is KSRTC's irizar built 12 metre leyland AC bus converted to ordinary at Aluva workshop.

The bus is not that old and used to operate Thiruvananthapuram-Bangalore AC semi sleeper. Now it will operate as some shuttle, Too young to be made a shuttle
Hey, that bus is less than 5 years old! Too young to be pushed to be an ordinary service. Maybe it can carry heavier loads with ease because the AC is removed.
Old 7th April 2010, 20:25   #101
BHPian

Quote:

KSRTC had 5 a/c buses built on AL 12M chassis with IrizarTVS body. Inspite of being 12M chassis, an additional engine was given to drive the A/c unit. After nearly 4years of operation KSRTC has decided to convert them to oridinary because of this A/c engine defect. As per KSRTC norms, any new bus can be operated in interstate route only for 5 years, after which they have to replace it. Hence there was no point in doing any modification to upkeep it as an A/c coach. (This is as per reliable inside sources at Ksrtc). Meanwhile another 5 a/c coaches built on Tata LPO1616 in the same batch is still running in Intrastate routes. And these have the a/c directly driven by the bus engine itself.

I believe these sort of loss happens because of poor technical evaluations at the time of purchase. (critics welcome!)
Old 8th April 2010, 11:11   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
As per KSRTC norms, any new bus can be operated in interstate route only for 5 years, after which they have to replace it. Hence there was no point in doing any modification to upkeep it as an A/c coach. (This is as per reliable inside sources at Ksrtc). Meanwhile another 5 a/c coaches built on Tata LPO1616 in the same batch is still running in Intrastate routes. And these have the a/c directly driven by the bus engine itself.

I believe these sort of loss happens because of poor technical evaluations at the time of purchase. (critics welcome!)
They could have repaired and used the bus within state where there is no 5yr time limit is applicable.

Also, anyone has an idea about the Kottarakkara super deluxe bus from Bangalore? I think, they called off the buses after an accident.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:56   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
They could have repaired and used the bus within state where there is no 5yr time limit is applicable.
KeSRTC is always strange :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Also, anyone has an idea about the Kottarakkara super deluxe bus from Bangalore? I think, they called off the buses after an accident.
They operate the service on alternate days now - using a single bus. I fail to understand why can't they arrange a spare bus for this route.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:38   #104
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows why the kerala SRTC buses still have the conventional and good ole window shutters and not the one's with the glass ? I think its made of asbestos or some kinda rubber and these things leak during heavy rains. Makes it a daunting task to sit in the window seat during the rains.

Last time when I was in Wayanad I even saw a bus running with the old tarpaulin as covers for the windows. Any idea why they haven't planned on changing this ?
Old 8th April 2010, 13:44   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Anyone knows why the kerala SRTC buses still have the conventional and good ole window shutters and not the one's with the glass ?
Earlier comments in favour of these were lesser rattles on bad roads, and greater immunity to flash strikes of violence and stone throwing.

Same holds good these days as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks