Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 20:50   #181
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshitsi View Post
That is true but then again, the Automatic SX variant lacks a few features. Pay 17 big bucks and still fail to get the top end variant is an utter rip off according to me (comparing it to the competition).
Agree on the lack of features, but unfortunately the Creta has no real competition! There's:

- the Ecosport which is a segment lower (and overpriced in its segment), or
- the Tuscon (another overpriced Hyundai),
- the Jeep (where the automatic is priced at 20 big ones),
- S-Cross (with no automatic option and the pre-historic 1.3L),
- Duster (with that jerky AMT)
- Captur (which has already flopped and has no automatic option)

Potentially there are the Tata Hexa & XUV500 but these are again a different segment and priced higher.

Unfortunately for us and fortunately for Hyundai, no manufacturer has been able to launch a product which can really give the Creta a run for its money, so Hyundai is laughing all the way to the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post
Being an Elite i20 owner, I am waiting in the wings for jump to a diesel automatic, but I cannot bring myself to even consider Creta because I for one, cannot go from full Hyundai supervision cluster to a basic one. I constantly find myself unable to justify upgrading to any car inside the Hyundai stable due to how the variants are feature equipped. If I am getting an ECM in Elite i20, I certainly am not going to pay double the money, and still make do with a Day/Night Mirror in top end Creta Automatic.
Same conundrum I find myself in! Hyundai is shooting itself in the foot here by not having a clean upgrade path for it's existing customers! Having bought the Asta, I am a prime customer for their top-most variant again but for the life of me cannot fathom why Hyundai continues to restrict their ATs to lower variants.

If they had launched the SX (O) AT (Petrol or Diesel) I would have put my Elite i20 on the market immediately and upgraded.

Last edited by phoenixash : 21st May 2018 at 20:56.
phoenixash is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 21:15   #182
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

My friend received the following Creta Facelift Brochure and whatsapp messages from the Hyundai Showroom.

Quote:
Sir its tommorow Launching at our Showroom ,
in AT on Ex showroom Rs. 50k hike.

petrol automatic..16.3 lakh on road in normal showroom price
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018_CRETA_ebrochure_1526893655730.pdf (3.60 MB, 733 views)
Old 21st May 2018, 21:40   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
The New 2018 CRETA offers improved fuel efficiency by up to 3% in petrol and up to 4% in diesel engine.

How have they achieved this? And is their a difference in power delivery and performance thanks to it?
They did this with the i20 and I was pretty sure they were gonna do it on the Creta as well, what with all that testing! The 4% increase (guessing here) could be from improved aerodynamics (fog lamp housing air flow diffuser) and reduced final drive for better low end performance and fuel efficiency. But all this achievement comes at a cost of little to no top end performance. The 1.6 diesel is a great all rounder and I reckon this tuning shouldn't have ruined it much. Well, a test drive will clear things up.

If I was in the market for a Creta, I'd go for the SX(O) 1.6 diesel and in my opinion it's fairly priced. A jump of merely 50k gives me sunroof, wireless charging, powered driver seat, better AVN, wristband key over and above an already good feature rich list. Hyundai has definitely priced it competitively.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 21st May 2018 at 21:46.
Old 21st May 2018, 22:04   #184
Senior - BHPian

I bought the Creta SX 1.6 Diesel about 2.5 months ago, and I always kept thinking that I should have waited for the facelift. Until now that is!

Although the price band does not seem to have changed much, there is a huge difference in the SX 1.6 Diesel variant which I own. The facelifted Creta 1.6 SX now costs close to 16.5L OTR in Bangalore, as per Carwale. When I bought it 2.5 months back, the same
Variant costed just around 15.7 L OTR Bangalore. In fact I was a little lucky and I eventually managed to get the same variant for 15.2 L since the car was a December model.

Anyway, even if you look at the earlier price without the discount that I got, there is a 80k hike! And all you get extra is the HU with Apple car play and Cruise control. Sure there may be other small extras, but these are the features that caught my immediate attention.

So I am glad I did not wait, Coz I could have never afforded nearly 1.3 lakh extra from what I paid!

Actually, now the first 3 Diesel variant are nearly 2 Lakhs apart! The E plus costs around 12, the S costs 14.5 and the SX 16.5L!

So what Hyundai has done is eliminated the S+ variant which was very close to the SX, added more features to the S and then finally took the SX way higher!
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 23:52   #185
Senior - BHPian

A complete inside and outside walkaround video of the Creta Automatic SX variant. The video is in Hindi.

swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 08:19   #186
BHPian

I was told the dual tone variants haven’t even started production. Any idea when these would be delivered? An estimate would help.

Thank you.
Old 22nd May 2018, 09:41   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I was told the dual tone variants haven’t even started production. Any idea when these would be delivered? An estimate would help.

Thank you.
I don't have the answer for your question, but I feel that the dual tone variants spoil the well rounded elegance of the car. Kindly refrain! Opinions vary though, and I agree!
Old 22nd May 2018, 09:57   #188
Senior - BHPian

According to the spec sheet, the 1.6 diesel's torque band has widened. Earlier, peak torque came in at 1900 RPM while the new Creta has it at 1500 RPM. Should greatly improve drivability as the earlier Creta was known for mild lag at the low end. Also, the wide torque band extends all the way to 3000 RPM unlike the earlier 2750. I'm afraid this comes at a slight dip in top end performance but still should be OK at least based on specs here. Looks like the 1.4 diesel has been left untouched and rightly so.

Cruise control is definitely a welcome addition. The wireless charging bay looks cool! Also, the AUX port has been skipped which is fine; I've never used mine, ever. Only tweeters at the front! Why, that too with Arkamys tuned sound system? My i20 has them on the rear as well.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 22nd May 2018 at 10:00.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 10:07   #189
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the SX AT variants have the electric sunroof. Can someone confirm
Old 22nd May 2018, 10:16   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Hill assist feature should also have been provided on all AT trims. Cars cheaper than Creta like Nexon got it.
I could be wrong, but the creep function that AT's traditionally have should serve to mimic the HAC functionality on slopes, no ?
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:52   #191
BHPian

Booked the diesel auto and just got the pricelist. Any extra charges anyone can see which I should negotiate for except the insurance and handling charges.
Creta FL.pdf
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:56   #192
BHPian

Well, the reviews (albeit only the features) are out. Here's the link to the review by Team Car Delight.

The test drive reviews too are expected to be out in a couple of days.
Old 22nd May 2018, 12:04   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
With current prices, in case of petrol automatic, you get Ecosport AT with everything at more than 1L+ less on road (Ecosport Titanium+ is 12.80L OTR in Gurgaon.) Ya, it's smaller than Creta but engine wise, it has nearly identical power.
Agreed, But as you mentioned, it is still a whole size smaller than the Creta.
And, even though it makes similar power, it is a 3 Cylinder at the end of the day, which is, simply put, not at the same level of refinement of Honda/Hyundai 4 Cylinders.
Personally, I did not like the ride quality of the EcoSport as well, and neither the back seat space/width. But of course, some folks did not have any problems with it.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 12:48   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Looks like the SX AT variants have the electric sunroof. Can someone confirm
Yes, Creta SX AT version would have sunroof and alloys from the top end SX(O) variant.

This is how Hyundai offered the Verna Diesel AT SX+. Had sunroof and alloys from SX(O).

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2018 at 16:12. Reason: Post edited. Please always use spaces after punctuation marks.
Old 22nd May 2018, 12:52   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Agreed
I too agree, but when I look at it from a perspective where mostly the driver, a lady, would be the only occupant in the car or 2 people with a kid, I feel it holds good. One another aspect is relatively smaller footprint considering the way parking space has become sparse, maybe it'll be easier to handle an Ecosport than a Creta. Or maybe not so if we take into account the actual length of Ecosport including the spare. The variant in question is the Titanium Plus Automatic. I'm not comparing the other engine combinations.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks