Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2008, 03:07   #316
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Hyundai i20 will be launching on 28th december.
Hot News: There is a possibility 1.6L DOHC will be powering i20.

Source: Hyundai i20 Launching on 28 December, 2008 : Watch Cars
Gangsta is offline  
Old 20th December 2008, 11:07   #317
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Yup. not just me mate but many people were expecting both petrol and diesel launches together.
Disappointing!
no company is stupid enough to follow skoda pricing ever. infact even skoda stopped doing that lol. the petrol one took such a bad hit u can buy one under 3 laks now.
jesal is offline  
Old 20th December 2008, 11:14   #318
BHPian
 
manoj_joseph78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 47
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

jesal: [ the petrol one took such a bad hit u can buy one under 3 laks now]

Can you please explain this? Do you mean petrol Fabia is available at 3Lakh?
manoj_joseph78 is online now  
Old 20th December 2008, 11:37   #319
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

i20 launch is good news. But I heard i20 won't come with automatic version. i10 is attracting more buyers where as i20 would be for people who need power and driver pleasure in hatchback.

i20 would be good competion to Swift/Palio/UVA and its best of the lot in this segment considerring i10 has very good quality/practicality.

I still prefer i10 over i20 because i10 has all required features for hatch. I would buy Sedan anyday over i20.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline  
Old 20th December 2008, 13:52   #320
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
jesal: [ the petrol one took such a bad hit u can buy one under 3 laks now]

Can you please explain this? Do you mean petrol Fabia is available at 3Lakh?
no i mean the octavia petrol, although i saw some fabias on sale as well asking price there was 5.5 i guess these are the ones that cost 6.5 laks. 2008 models bad resale
jesal is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 02:04   #321
SLK
Senior - BHPian
 
SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DL XX XX XXXX
Posts: 1,290
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Hyundai i20 will be launching on 28th december.
Hot News: There is a possibility 1.6L DOHC will be powering i20.

Source: Hyundai i20 Launching on 28 December, 2008 : Watch Cars
This news also mentions that there would be no diesel to start with. That kills it, well almost.
SLK is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:42   #322
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The date I have for the launch is the 29th. The choice of engines is limited to 1.2 Kappa, same as i10. No 1.4 Petrol or the CRDi.

And apparently there will be only two variants, Magna and Asta. Unfortunately (for me) there will not be an AT at least at launch.

No info about the price yet.

EDIT: 5.3 Ex Shr for Magna.

Last edited by d.kiran : 22nd December 2008 at 08:49. Reason: Added some unsubstantiated rumour ;-)
d.kiran is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:35   #323
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
The date I have for the launch is the 29th. The choice of engines is limited to 1.2 Kappa, same as i10. No 1.4 Petrol or the CRDi.

And apparently there will be only two variants, Magna and Asta. Unfortunately (for me) there will not be an AT at least at launch.

No info about the price yet.

EDIT: 5.3 Ex Shr for Magna.
Any info about equipment levels?
joslicx is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:55   #324
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 641 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
no i mean the octavia petrol, although i saw some fabias on sale as well asking price there was 5.5 i guess these are the ones that cost 6.5 laks. 2008 models bad resale
Octavia Petrol is available for 3 lakhs ?

New ones ?
lurker is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:05   #325
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
The date I have for the launch is the 29th. The choice of engines is limited to 1.2 Kappa, same as i10. No 1.4 Petrol or the CRDi.

And apparently there will be only two variants, Magna and Asta. Unfortunately (for me) there will not be an AT at least at launch.

No info about the price yet.

EDIT: 5.3 Ex Shr for Magna.
Super Flop if this will happen.
Gangsta is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:10   #326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 293
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Super Flop if this will happen.
Super hit in my opinion. 30k more than Swift. Right where they should be, provided the car has ABS/Airbags.
reppy is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:31   #327
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Super hit in my opinion. 30k more than Swift. Right where they should be, provided the car has ABS/Airbags.
Yes given that i10 is selling like hot cakes (even though being overpriced), i20 can also sell well for that price. But it should have similar equipment levels as the Swift. Magna should have ABS at least and Asta should have everything (including auto aircon, steering mounted audio controls, ABS/Airbags, ESP etc)
joslicx is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:11   #328
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Super hit in my opinion. 30k more than Swift. Right where they should be, provided the car has ABS/Airbags.
I really don't understand what will be the major difference bet. the 2 cars?
i10 1.2L kappa and i20 1.2L kappa?

Space? Indian Janta really care about spending more money on i20 having the same engine? Given that i20 will be heavy, means performance wont be better than i10 kappa.

i had seen 100s of people who don't even bother spend a single penny on ABS, if they have it an optional feature.

Last edited by Gangsta : 22nd December 2008 at 17:13.
Gangsta is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:09   #329
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
I really don't understand what will be the major difference bet. the 2 cars?
i10 1.2L kappa and i20 1.2L kappa?

Space? Indian Janta really care about spending more money on i20 having the same engine? Given that i20 will be heavy, means performance wont be better than i10 kappa.

i had seen 100s of people who don't even bother spend a single penny on ABS, if they have it an optional feature.
Well that is why i20 would have to be more "luxurious"! Something of a challenger to Fabia.
There is a huge market for luxury hatchbacks in India now (look at Swift success). Problem is there are not enough compelling products. People are having to "settle" for i10, Swift etc.

And I dont think i20 would be so much more heavier than i10. Also the extra 5 BHP might mean that BHP/ton ratio might be very similar.
joslicx is offline  
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:58   #330
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Well that is why i20 would have to be more "luxurious"! Something of a challenger to Fabia.
There is a huge market for luxury hatchbacks in India now (look at Swift success). Problem is there are not enough compelling products. People are having to "settle" for i10, Swift etc.

And I dont think i20 would be so much more heavier than i10. Also the extra 5 BHP might mean that BHP/ton ratio might be very similar.
ok let us say.. what if swift's engine goes to one more hatchback with not so cramped up rear seats etc. whatever swift have space problem with extra 50-60K.

Janta will spend? Nah!

or You will buy a Swift with Wagon R 1.1L engine?

I think getz is heavier than i10, and i20 will be there above getz segment. lol

Last edited by Gangsta : 22nd December 2008 at 21:06.
Gangsta is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trax Gurkha Test Drive on Horrible roads and Off-road too Samurai 4x4 Vehicles 273 17th October 2017 22:19
New Verna Sooner than you Expect: Launched as Verna Transform drchernish The Indian Car Scene 181 22nd July 2010 09:34
too fast too furious MODS amitverma Modifications & Accessories 16 10th March 2005 20:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks