Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 12:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

Not from an Indian brochure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
sid are those from a leaked brochure for India?
No Vid. These pics are not from an Indian brochure for sure. The car is a LHD car and the interior pics have been mirrored to give a RHD imagery..

Notice the ignition key hole and Hyundai logo on the steering wheel for starters?? Look at the speedo and tacho needles resting on the right side of their console..
Old 21st October 2008, 13:13   #227
Senior - BHPian

i20 Update

Members,

Sadly, I think I have to concur with what Sid has said. I just called my sales contact from Trident Hyundai [Indranagar] and asked him if he'd be available to discuss Getz 1.3 GLX offers [for Diwali] this saturday, and also asked him if I the i20 launch has been confirmed.

He mentioned there has been NO activity regarding i20 yet and the launch may happen only in late December or early January.. When probed, he mentioned no print ads, brochures or printed paper material regarding the car has been prepared NOR any personnel from Trident have been nominated and sent for training [he stated generally these happen a month before launch at their respective showrooms].

Very disappointed.... I now have to go back to between Getz Glx and Vista Quadjet... :(
Old 21st October 2008, 15:35   #228
Senior - BHPian

@sidindica - The sonata interiors look great no doubt!
@ Ajay - You need not be disappointed. As far as i had got you are not willing to spend more than 6lac for the car and rest assured i20 will be 7 lac and above. Moreover, Getz and the Vista are really good cars with Vista being the perfect VFM!
I will be getting in Jan so if i20 comes till then well and good otherwise Vista Aura it is for me as well
Old 21st October 2008, 16:07   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Members,

any personnel from Trident have been nominated and sent for training [he stated generally these happen a month before launch at their respective showrooms].

:(
Ok, just want to add that a know contact of mine from Trident Hyundai Hosur Road visited the Sriperambathur plant for training on 18th October.

@sid: I am quite sure the rear of the car definetly looked different. I will make sure i have another proper look when i am at their factory next month and confirm on that.

Last edited by redrage : 21st October 2008 at 16:09.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:35   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i20 India launch | DWS Auto India

Seems like many people think its a Nov launch.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:06   #231
Senior - BHPian

first drive of I 20

Hyundai i20 1.4 CRDi - Road Test First Drive - Autocar.co.uk
Old 25th October 2008, 15:37   #232
BHPian

More first drive reports, pics and a promo video!!

First drive: Hyundai i20 - Introduction - What Car?

Hyundai i20 (2008) CAR review and video | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online
Old 25th October 2008, 18:47   #233
BHPian

Ajay bhai,

Dont be disappointed. The sales people at showrooms know nothing.
Trust me. I was waiting for I10 last year around same time just like you are for I20 now.

At Advaith, I used to call every now and then. And the sales guy i was in touch with, had no idea of a new car till the 2 days prior to its launch.
I used to visit the showroom quite often [for Getz/Santro] and they had no idea of I10's entry. I used to ask them, a new car is coming, and i dont want to buy Getz/Santro if new one gets launched now. They replied, "Sir, i dont know any new car, but you can book Getz sir, if new car comes you can change your booking".

I had been to the showroom to confirm the rumors just before the day of the launch. And they said, sir, are you looking for "Pa"? I said, yes, now you get it. And then i was told i could only book my interest and there was no date for launch. Imagine next day it was launched and he calls me to say, sir the new car has come, it is called I10, please come for a visit.

Hence do not trust the sales guys. They either dont know, or are instructed to be silent. And more interest you show, the more they play around with.

By the way, I talked to one of the Hyundai guys at advaith and they too seemed to suggest it is a Nov launch. Hence wait for sometime. Dont regret later
Old 26th October 2008, 00:47   #234
BHPian

i20 update

Hi Guyz

My neighbour works with Hyundai H.O. in Delhi. He confirmed that the i20 will be launched in late Nov or Dec and deliveries will commence in Jan 09 as for some reason the company does not want to deliver any cars in 08.

Elito
Old 27th October 2008, 10:35   #235
BHPian

Thanks Elito! The market buzz is also hinting at the same time - the car won't reach the showrooms but the bookings will start (most likely) in last week of November, with deliveries commencing thereafter. Ok, its not hinting to an absolute launch in November but atleast it gives us hope!

Hyundai i20 bookings to start in November 2008 in India | CarTradeIndia.com

Hyundai i20 booking likely to start next month

Hyundai i20 super-hatch bookings likely by Nov'08*-*WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News
Old 27th October 2008, 21:27   #236
Senior - BHPian

While the title says i20 and Verna, every replies talks about only i20. I hope the title might be changed to Hyundai i20 on Test.

Not sure if really there is anything on i20.
Old 30th October 2008, 19:59   #237
Senior - BHPian

New verna is coming on Mid-November

changes are cosmetic, new chrome bar atop the front grill, same as in the korean verna.

some minor changes expected in the interiors, may be a new stereo on XXI and CRDI SX models, with the addition of dual airbags.

Sonata diesel is no longer available, all are sold out. after the petrol is liquidated, the facelifted model will be available, sometime in january.

I 20 is coming in january with 1.4, 1.6 petrol and 1.4 crdi engines.
Old 30th October 2008, 20:31   #238
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Are you sure about the 1.4CRDi? and 1.4 Petrol?

I thought it was to be 1.2 kappa aswell!

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't come with 1.5 or 1.6CRDi - I have been really waiting for one.

And the getz continues the 1.5CRDi? Thats odd!
Old 30th October 2008, 21:31   #239

Quote:

changes are cosmetic, new chrome bar atop the front grill, same as in the korean verna.

some minor changes expected in the interiors, may be a new stereo on XXI and CRDI SX models, with the addition of dual airbags.

Sonata diesel is no longer available, all are sold out. after the petrol is liquidated, the facelifted model will be available, sometime in january.

hi sid, r u sure new verna coming mid november because i booked the verna 1 week back.if it is the case, i will surely wait for new verna

kindly help me

truth@
Old 31st October 2008, 09:06   #240
BHPian

Quote:

What's your source, sid?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks