Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:11   #2311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Just some feedback. I got a call from Carwale, Mumbai, claiming on behalf of Skoda, enquiring about my experience with my new Skoda Superb and the dealer from whom I purchased it. They even asked for the name of the sales person and my experience in dealing with him. It seems, therefore, that some effort is being made by Skoda to get customer feedback. However, I felt that Carwale did a sketchy job of asking questions.
After reading the above post, I got a personal message from Carwale wanting to know my suggestions/feedback. It seems they are making great effort to get genuine feedback and were apologetic for their sketch questions. Carwale even helped me with answers to my queries on a few features of the Superb. I have a feeling that Skoda is trying to get customer feedback, which is a big step indeed.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:21   #2312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After reading the above post, I got a personal message from Carwale wanting to know my suggestions/feedback. It seems they are making great effort to get genuine feedback and were apologetic for their sketch questions. Carwale even helped me with answers to my queries on a few features of the Superb. I have a feeling that Skoda is trying to get customer feedback, which is a big step indeed.
Maybe its because you bought a Superb that they are showing show much interest. Wonder whether they would have given you the same treatment if you had bought a Fabia instead.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:33   #2313
BHPian

Quote:
Just some feedback. I got a call from Carwale, Mumbai, claiming on behalf of Skoda, enquiring about my experience with my new Skoda Superb and the dealer from whom I purchased it. They even asked for the name of the sales person and my experience in dealing with him. It seems, therefore, that some effort is being made by Skoda to get customer feedback. However, I felt that Carwale did a sketchy job of asking questions.

Meanwhile, my two mails to Skoda -- one about the Nappa leather upholstery and the other on Blue tooth connectivity -- have gone unanswered.
There you go,they ask you about your ownership experience and then do nothing about your issues,it is sad that even after paying so much you dont have the bluetooth sorted out.
Good luck with your future spares with Skoda
Old 21st July 2010, 13:37   #2314
BHPian

Am happy that I've been successful to divert my colleague's choice to Cruze/ Jetta. He was eagerly interested to get a Laura...made him read this entire thread.

And I'll make sure that I do my best to refrain my references/ even strangers who I come to know are planning to buy a Skoda.
Old 15th August 2010, 19:18   #2315
BHPian

I've also had a terrible experience with Skoda - I purchased my Skoda Superb back in '07, and the car had an engine fault within a week of us driving it out of the showroom. See details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rb-2007-a.html

Also see my website: My Superb My 47 Star Superb
Old 15th August 2010, 23:27   #2316
BHPian

Goodbye ...

Well! Just decided one thing. Whether I buy the Linea T-Jet or the Vento Highline Petrol seems to be seen, but what I will not (perhaps never) is any dman car from the SKODA stable!
Old 16th August 2010, 10:24   #2317
evo
BHPian

I dont know if this is already spoken about here, but Skoda India now has an official facebook page. Crappy in execution like their other CR efforts, but its there. Just "liked" it and wrote what I think about it.

There are tonnes of other "fans" or "likers" if you will, who have been at the receiving end of the Skoda (dis)service.
Old 18th August 2010, 09:08   #2318
BHPian

Quote:

Oh yeah !! A big step indeed !! They haven't moved their fingers for the past 2 years despite the meetings team-bhp had with them and reading 155 pages of rubbish you still think they are going to do something. They may have to sell off their Indian distributorship to settle the claims if at all done !

And after reading the latest case with mudittadon I don't know what to say. One thing is sure, they are not manufacturing "Cars !" or all the people in the company are insane ! All the fluids getting mixed ! Can you imagine that... I haven't even heard of it with the old "LADA", let go SKODA. Probably they are trying the "Vorsprung durch Technik" (evolution thru technology) slogan of Audi and trying to use a common line for all the fluids :-)) and the customers are the guinea pigs !

Last edited by GTO : 29th September 2010 at 09:30. Reason: No inappropriate language on Team-BHP
Old 27th September 2010, 16:32   #2319
BHPian

Hello Harish,

Whats the update on your case with skoda. I think this thread should have updates on opening pages since 150+ pages would be too much to search.I also think the failure incidents should be removed (apart from major ones) from the start page as it would look exaggerated so that skoda service faults stand highlighted.people may go with heart over mind if it looks exaggerated since everyone knows skoda's build quality and brand value are good.
Old 27th September 2010, 19:09   #2320
BHPian

never back down

All my friends having skodas are having terrible problems with the service.
One friend who actually is a senior service person advised me against even thinking of buying a skoda. Spare part cost, terrible attitudes and really slow turaround times are few of the complaints.

And now they have the gall to not return the car... Skoda has to be given a "delhi belly".

Kudos to you TBHP... am proud to be a part of this community.
All the best and never back down!
Old 28th September 2010, 10:58   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Hello Harish,

Whats the update on your case with skoda. I think this thread should have updates on opening pages since 150+ pages would be too much to search.I also think the failure incidents should be removed (apart from major ones) from the start page as it would look exaggerated so that skoda service faults stand highlighted.people may go with heart over mind if it looks exaggerated since everyone knows skoda's build quality and brand value are good.
Absolutely not!!!
It's not an exaggeration if it's the Truth.
Harish should indeed post every problem he has faced with his Skoda, that had not been rectified, no matter how major or minor, as they are all factors that affect one's purchasing decision.

Information is Power, and all facts, no matter how important or trivial they may seem should be shared freely.

As for build quality and brand value, that's debatable.
After reading the various threads with Skoda related issues I find myself asking, what "Brand Value" does such a company have.
In my eye's, Skoda is zilch.

Edit: I completely agree with you that it would be nice if the case updates could be put on the opening pages.
Sorry if I come on as a bit strong in my rant, but I feel quite strongly about this Issue, and cases such as this have really left me shocked.

Last edited by kadanaJ : 28th September 2010 at 11:01.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:56   #2322
BHPian

When I was planning to buy a hatchback 8-9 months back, i had considered skoda fabia. It is one of the most fantastic hatch in that segment, but pricing was too high and i dropped. But later i saw an ad saying that fabia is available for 5.25 OTR in bangalore called fabia-active. But when i called the dealer, he was trying to convince me why i should not buy the active and when i said i need active, he told that i will have to wait for 1 month and i told that i was ready. I called them after 2 days to make the booking and surprisingly he said that they have stopped active edition. I guess i was lucky that they stopped it. Else i might have been in trouble with the skoda folks. I guess on this forum we seem to get a lot of unbiased information about cars, hope we had a similar forum to know about 'apartment builders'

I must confess that when i had the polo v/s figo dilemma, one of the reasons i was afraid to buy polo was that VW was the skoda parent company and people on this forum were telling horror stories about skoda and i was wondering how much would that impact VW.

I fully support team-bhp and we must all be free to air our views.
Old 29th September 2010, 19:12   #2323
BHPian

I have gone through the entire thread and I must say, this community rocks! amazing effort and truly, hats off
Very proud to be now part of this community. I have done my bit to persuade my colleague against buying Skoda Laura, after pointing him to the horrid stories documented here.
I was so fond of Skoda cars for their looks and was hoping I would own sometime in the future, not anymore

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th September 2010 at 19:35. Reason: Please format you posts properly and do not copy paste from external word processors. Thanks
Old 30th September 2010, 00:52   #2324
BHPian

Skoda=VW=old wine in a new bottle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsurge View Post
Am happy that I've been successful to divert my colleague's choice to Cruze/ Jetta. He was eagerly interested to get a Laura...made him read this entire thread.
Well, Skoda is owned by VW. So, I fail to see how buying a Skoda and a VW would be any different! In a few years time, VW would close Skoda operations in India; yet, the same big wigs (who own VW, Skoda and partly Suzuki) are going to take our money, in one way or another (AFAIK). Most MNCs after a major catastrophe, just operate under different brand names, since the majority of the public outrage just gets focused on a specific brand name rather than the people that own it. Sad but true.
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:19   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Well, Skoda is owned by VW. So, I fail to see how buying a Skoda and a VW would be any different! In a few years time, VW would close Skoda operations in India; yet, the same big wigs (who own VW, Skoda and partly Suzuki) are going to take our money, in one way or another (AFAIK). Most MNCs after a major catastrophe, just operate under different brand names, since the majority of the public outrage just gets focused on a specific brand name rather than the people that own it. Sad but true.
Well, VW does own Skoda, but in real sense it is the executives that make up the culture of every subsidiary. The only difference, this time it will be Germans or Czechs who will plunder our hard earned wealth by giving us such crappy 'Works of Art.'

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2010 at 10:41. Reason: No personal comments against any one individual please. No name-calling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks