Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Well Mclaren and Dennis didnt knew at the start of the season that Hammy would be such a superstar in the F1 car. He was taken in as a Rookie. Would you or maclaren, have predicted that hammy would clinch the driver's championship in his first year of racing, at the start of the season, no matter how talented he looked racing? So its not a question of having 2 superstars in the same team.
In the end Ferrari and Kimi deserved to win, though I feel bad for Hamilton. And Mclaren should now get rid of the cry baby and continue with Hammy.
Cant wait for the 2008 season to start... I am sure we will have an indian driver, driving one of the cars.
Cheers!
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:36   #77
BHPian

Xcellent result ...well done kimi,massa , overall a great race with the scrap between nico / nick & kubica , hamilton's pass over ruebens & nakijama's pit stop .

PS: Doughnut+union jack ..he he he
Formula 1 : News HAMILTON - F1-Live.com.
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post

I do hope we don't see Ron jumping off a building anytime soon!
The bright side of this is that for the first time in many many years, McLaren has a car and a driver both who are world class and can challenge for the championship. Lookin good for next year!
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:19   #79
BHPian

guys.. do you think Mclaen would have gone to appeal if the champion was Alonso????....that would have been another twist in this season..
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:45   #80

Awesome ICEMAN

Brilliant race from Kimi ofcourse .... keeping clean all the way. Kudos to Ferrari as well .... coming back after 2 years of missing out !!! Tough luck for Hamilton, having driven quite beautifully most of the year ... the machine failing him in the end. Me being a Kimi and Ferrari fan ... am lovin' it
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it true that Lewis has ONLY won when he started from pole.

And I don't know why, but Alonso is suddenly earning my respect. Hated him after the spy row. But I've always noticed that its not him to blame for the "driver's" rift in McLaren. That credit should go to Hamilton for his public bashing of Alonso did this, Alonso did that, etc. And as far as I know, Alonso did not target Lewis at any given time.
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:18   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Isn't it true that Lewis has ONLY won when he started from pole.
And as far as I know, Alonso did not target Lewis at any given time.
true ! , didnt think of it before .
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:40   #83
BHPian

YES!!
Well i could only manage to see half of the race but none the less when i heard about the result it sure was mindblowing!
IceMan won against all odds.cheers:
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:25   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
An update

Mclaren plan to appeal the stewards decision of not punishing the BMW and Williams. So they say it still hangs in the balance.
You mean to say there could be another twist to the already highly twisted season ... but could you pls throw some light on this new angle ??? nd what you saying is that if the two teams get penalised then Hamilton could still win the title ...

This definitely would add to the many twists ... but let pray it happens and wouldn't that hurt Kimi BIG TIME ... lol
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:36   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
An update

Mclaren plan to appeal the stewards decision of not punishing the BMW and Williams. So they say it still hangs in the balance.
Nah! That's not the way to win a WDC. What's happened, has happened. Move on. Look forward to the 2008 season.
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Nah! That's not the way to win a WDC. What's happened, has happened. Move on. Look forward to the 2008 season.
Mclaren dont think so and are going for the appeal.It will be a shame for F1 if Hamilton becomes the champion after all this.
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:13   #87
F50
Senior - BHPian

YES!!! Kimi è Campione del Mondo
(i hope i got that right?)

Kimi qualifying 3rd was bit disappointing but Ferraris being fast all over weekend I thought we'll see some wheel-2-wheel battle in the race. Well, it did happen only for short time between Kimi & Milton but it happen between Fonsi and Milton for all good reasons.
Ferraris set a blistering pace. Kimi was 58.4 secs faster than Fonsi and one whole LAP then Milton. Wow, what a way to win!

Massa did an excellent job. As Dippy pointed out, the initial block was very important. The lock up and slip n slide all deliberate but full marks to Kimi for putting in those fantastico laps.
I was a bit scared when Heidfeld, Rosberg and Kubica were locking in front of each other, running wide etc. I know they were in Grand Prix cars and fighting for postions but .....

.... but they hold on very nicely. It was such a nice feeling to see Ferrari back with that No.1 car. Fantastic performance by Kimi esp. in second half of the season. Total Champion Material Guy!

Its time for festeggiamento.

Forza Ferrari.

P.S - After a long time, one certain Michael Schumacher will be missed in a No.1 Ferrari.

Last edited by F50 : 22nd October 2007 at 22:14.
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:37   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Well, when Alonso beat Michael Schumacher, was anyone at Ferrari blamed?
Nopes!
Playing the blame game only reflects a negative attitude. It's best not to cry over spilt milk and just move on.
Ageed about the spillt milk mate, but if you dont find the reason for you loss and correct it you cant succeed. And if it stays as it is now (alonso to continue with Mc), whats to stop this from happening again next season. I just hope we have a cracker of a season next year as well.

BTW Alonso & MS were in different teams not the same one!!
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:46   #89
BHPian

Kimi deserves this fair and square. Mclaren have lost and need to accept it and think of the next season. Winning on a technicality would be an awful ending to an excellent season. FIA will throw this appeal out
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:51   #90
BHPian

i feel this is racing and victories and championships should be decided on the track and not off it Mclaren should just move on and look forward as to how they can do well ON THE TRACK next season !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks