Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 17:30   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post
Hey Eddy
I just got a new Vdi delivered on Monday and I am also facing both the issues.
I have completed around 400 kms till now. Dont feel the turbo kicking in arnd 2000 RPM (though i havent accelerated suddenly till now because of running in period)
Also, RPM shoots up sometime when i downshift from 5th to 4th or 3rd gear.
Will see, if i am making some mistake (like accelerating a little while changing the gear)
How were your issues sorted out ? they just went after 1st service ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Deeps: Sorry missed your query earlier. The turbo whoosh does come once the engine settles down and the RPM surge will go down as you get used to handling the torque of the car better.
I am in the same boat too. My Dzire VDI has run in approx 1800 Kms and I notice the same two issues mentioned by Deeps. I did change my driving style a little (been used to driving Petrol for the last 13 yrs) and that helped mitigate ( and not fix) the RPM shooting up issue.
Eddy: Had a question for you. You mentioned that the turbo whoosh does come once the engine settles down. Any rough ballpark around what km range does that happen bcos in my car, I am yet to feel the rush of the turbo in my car
Old 14th January 2009, 12:31   #197
Team-BHP Support

I think it should be close to 8 k. It might also coincide with you getting your air filter cleaned.
Old 14th January 2009, 13:56   #198
BHPian

Quote:
I think it should be close to 8 k. It might also coincide with you getting your air filter cleaned.
I also thought about the Air filter but was wondering whether a 1.5 month old car (which has gone thru its 1st service about 15 days back) would have a bad clogged Air filter. Dont know whether MASS even checked the same or not ( I am inclined towards the later)
Nevertheless in Bombay's dust, I believe anything is possible.

Would have that checked asap.
Old 15th January 2009, 10:31   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I also thought about the Air filter but was wondering whether a 1.5 month old car (which has gone thru its 1st service about 15 days back) would have a bad clogged Air filter. Dont know whether MASS even checked the same or not ( I am inclined towards the later)
Nevertheless in Bombay's dust, I believe anything is possible.

Would have that checked asap.
I dont think so unless you are running only on mud/dusty roads. Which diesel are you using? stick to normal diesel and fill from a reputed station. I recommend IOC normal diesel.
Old 15th January 2009, 22:22   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I dont think so unless you are running only on mud/dusty roads. Which diesel are you using? stick to normal diesel and fill from a reputed station. I recommend IOC normal diesel.
I drive purely in our mad and bad Mumbai traffic. No Mud/Dust roads. Just normal Mumbai roads. Regarding fuel I do fill in the normal fuel only but at the nearby HP pump as it is the nearest and the best one on my area. Does the change to IOC really make that much of a difference? bcos if YES then I would search for one as frankly I have never made a attempt to find one.
Old 17th January 2009, 15:55   #201
Senior - BHPian

Swift D has a special liking towards IOC normal diesel. The clatter will reduce appreciably.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:21   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Swift D has a special liking towards IOC normal diesel. The clatter will reduce appreciably.
Hmmm... If IOC is the recommended one by T-BHP gurus, IOC it will be. I will surely make it a point to fill at IOC. Thanks guys.

Last edited by f1fan : 18th January 2009 at 11:33.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:27   #203
Team-BHP Support

If possible, fill from a COCO (company owned company operated) outlet.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:40   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I am in the same boat too. My Dzire VDI has run in approx 1800 Kms and I notice the same two issues mentioned by Deeps. I did change my driving style a little (been used to driving Petrol for the last 13 yrs) and that helped mitigate ( and not fix) the RPM shooting up issue.
Eddy: Had a question for you. You mentioned that the turbo whoosh does come once the engine settles down. Any rough ballpark around what km range does that happen bcos in my car, I am yet to feel the rush of the turbo in my car
one of my friend who has just completed 1000 kms in his vdi complains of the same.he said that the car doesnt pull like what the test drive car did.
has maruti fitted the logan engine??
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:24   #205
Team-BHP Support

A new diesel engine requires quite a bit of running to get it to free up, in my case i felt the difference till almost 18k kms. Now she has become smooth and the engine sound has gone down also, at idle engine is barely audible once warm. So wait for sometime before you go comparing with a test drive car, which would have run more.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:35   #206
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu. My 40k service is coming up. Anything specific or extra compared to what was done at 20k that needs to be done ?
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:38   #207
Team-BHP Support

Check/Overhaul front suspension, maybe a good time to have bushes replaced if you were doing pot hole ridden highways.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:46   #208
Team-BHP Support

On the contrary, I am driving on pretty decent roads most of the times.

How about break pads ?

Engine Flushing ? I got it done at 20k plus have been changing oils every 5k kms so was just wondering.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:57   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the contrary, I am driving on pretty decent roads most of the times.

How about break pads ?

Engine Flushing ? I got it done at 20k plus have been changing oils every 5k kms so was just wondering.
On decent roads, how did you manage those 6 punctures dude ?
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:07   #210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
On decent roads, how did you manage those 6 punctures dude ?
Oh that.. In fact it was 9 punctures in 6 days (6 nails removed in batches of 3, 2 and 1).

The last 200-300 meters of the road that leads to my office is non-existent. Add to it DLF construction going on either side of the building.

And on top of that, there are 2-3 roadside puncture repair shops that have come up recently on that stretch. I suspect they are the ones responsible for spraying these nails (and huge ones at that) and causing those punctures. Quite a few of my colleagues are now in the same boat as me.

Add to it, I am running on crappy stock JKs for 40k kms and that is why, my friend, I am averaging a puncture every week.

Edit: Before anyone makes fun of me, I meant brake pads and not break pads in my previous post

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd January 2009 at 15:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks