Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 15:41   #676
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jaggu, the older HUs had quite a few amazing features which we dont see today.
Old 8th May 2009, 16:34   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu : Nobody at an indian dealership would even have thought or are competent to decide about oil specs when they sign up a new contract or order, they just go for "* x manufacturer recommended" and just sign up with the one offering best margin. I think thats the ground reality.
One way you look at it, the oil is also one of the Authorised parts list.

IMO, if the dealer was the decision maker about the brand of oil, he may have gone around and negotiated his price. But I guess the car manufacturer has already negotiated with the oil company to supply oil to all their dealerships, and get a cut for themselves. The dealer would have got the oil (a little) below the market price of a barrel - but they sell at retail prices. So everyone's getting something there ...

And come to think of it, the price you mentioned is actually Well Below the retail price of Castrol GTD/GTX that I was charged for at my T.A.S.S. Definitely makes sense for me to get oil outside, right ?

Again, check the owners manual. There will be atleast 2 brands of oil listed. But the dealer will only have one brand with him.
Quote:
Jaggu : @condor: call the authorized oil dealer number i posted, when you want the oil they will do home delivery
Jaggu, thanks. Will do that. I now need to find a place that can do my oil change - with the oil & filter supplied by me. I know that the T.A.S.S will not do it.
Old 8th May 2009, 17:59   #678
Team-BHP Support

Manufacturer might not be asking for a cut, but getting the supply for factory fill at a very different rate, compared to retail rates. This is just speculation, but if true is a huge cost saver.

Again MUL can wash off hands saying that even Servo will work since it is according to spec if it is CH So no case there also lol

It can be taken for granted that in a country like India where the consumer awareness is less, no class action suites etc. all this and more can get passed on very easily, without even noticing.

Question is should we accept it or can we expect better?

Honda in a recent move has introduced synthetic at dealers end, though they will check with you/the owner would want to use it. One of my colleague got a call last week when he gave his car for service informing the same.

This i think is a right move, may not work for a regular user like my colleague who consulted with me (heard + and -) and declined the idea, but for enthusiast like us. Then again whats our market share? doesnt it all boil down to just that!

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2009 at 18:00.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:21   #679
Senior - BHPian

I'm not too sure if manufaturers really do think twice before recommending oils.

The safari Dicors are recommended API CI4, while indicas are recommended API CF4 across the range, from the BSII NA engines to the TC and TCIC engines, right up to the Dicor ones. I find this a bit puzzling.

The mobil super 1000 is one of the recommended oils for all indicas, but my TASC prefers to use Castrol GTD. And I can attest to Delvac MX having made a difference for the better ( at least it has for the first 2000k. will give a decisive verdict after 5000k
Old 11th May 2009, 18:48   #680
Team-BHP Support

mobil super 1000 is different (inferior spec) from 1300 is what i heard, though i couldnt lay my hands on the spec yet.

Delvac mx though its a so called truckers brew, works like a charm in my ddis engine and am loving it.

And yes i would definitely love to hear from your user experience on MX though the engines might be different.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th May 2009 at 18:51.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:02   #681
BHPian

It is also speculated that many of the A.S.S's all over the country, tend to drain all but a litre or so of the old engine oil, and refill it with fresh oil. Thereby saving huge money. Although, i am not sure how true this is.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:37   #682
Team-BHP Support

Tata bye bye RNS Yeshwanthpura!

Lol if they do that we cant find out also.

Received the follow up call from RNS yeshwantpur. He started in local language and i requested to switch to English. Then i told him in very clear terms am not happy, and the wrong oil being put and no resolution from sen management intervention.

Told him i will not be taking the car their anymore.

He said "ok" and kept the phone. I was is this the customer service that Maruti and its dealers are known for?

This time they forgot to attach the feedback card also, i noticed it and i purposely didnt ask. Why should i bother to improve them if they have such silly attitude towards customers?
Old 14th May 2009, 16:17   #683
BHPian

I am at 16K, and after a hot weather one week trip to Hyd and back, feeling a lot of roughness and feel its time for oil change.
Can you please PM me the contact details of the place where you purchased MX oil. I trust your judgment and would try this out this time. I was on OEM till now. OEM doesn't hold good for 10K for sure.

Also a repeat request of what I already posted on GeekSrik's thread. Any pointers of good wheel balancing center towards HAL?

thanks.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:33   #684
BHPian

thats real bad jaggu.
i think its a one off time that a customer has a problem with maruti service.
just bad luck i guess.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:35   #685
Team-BHP Support

Its not bad luck Shanti. Its incompetency, rudeness and plain lack of knowledge on the service centers part.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:42   #686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Can you please PM me the contact details of the place where you purchased MX oil.
Its here only (search back) but now i suggest this, since its direct Mobil dealer, details in this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1293383-post658.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
thats real bad jaggu.
i think its a one off time that a customer has a problem with maruti service.
just bad luck i guess.
I look at the positive side, maybe ill save some gas bill and find a better mech close to my house lol I didnt bother since i saw that the attitude issue was at the top and not at the front line or floor, those guys know how to keep their customers happy or atleast put the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Its not bad luck Shanti. Its incompetency, rudeness and plain lack of knowledge on the service centers part.
Rather the neglect and lack of awareness within the Management of the service center.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th May 2009 at 18:43.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:42   #687
rippergeo

If its mineral oil, there is nothing like MX. Speedaway are their distributors in blore and cochin. the contact numbers are somewhere on this thread itself.

Old 16th May 2009, 19:47   #688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
greenhorn : I'm not too sure if manufaturers really do think twice before recommending oils.

The safari Dicors are recommended API CI4, while indicas are recommended API CF4 across the range, from the BSII NA engines to the TC and TCIC engines, right up to the Dicor ones. I find this a bit puzzling.
Puzzled is better than being not sure ?

Let's see it the other way: recommendation for a particular grade may be to say that the car be given atleast that grade of oil, & not lower.

But yes, I too would like to understand why does Tata recommend a higher grade of oil for the Safari Dicor, than it does for a Dicor Indica. One thing is that both these Dicor engines are not necessarily from the same base. Designed load capability can be another reason. Tata will know why, and will be good if we too can understand the reasons.
Old 16th May 2009, 21:01   #689
Senior - BHPian

we all are nutcases !

@Jaggu dada , snowwhite ownership . Great going . Why dont you take a day off when it is getting serviced , peace of mind .Believe me .

This remembers me , even I travel from one part of city to other part of city to get my bike serviced from a private mech .
And the difference is I take the day off , Saturday mostly .

As for the oil , I wanted a particular brand of oil of castrol which is more superior and not available easily. I wrote to castrol and eventually stocked an entire 2 cases ( 12 bottles ) , which is good enuff for next 2 years .

We all petrol heads are nut cases !

Last edited by black12rr : 16th May 2009 at 21:04.
Old 18th May 2009, 18:09   #690
Senior - BHPian

Hub nuts - 33000k

Got a 30k service done on my Swift diesel at 33k actually . I had changed the oil at 30k (3 litres of Mobil Delvac Super 1300.) Cost me 1100/- (540 for the oil and 525 - oil filter + labour)

The 30k service cost me 1500/-. What was done was paid service (includes engine tuning) and a brake overhaul. After service the supervisor presented me with two nuts costing 197/- each. He said these were the hub nuts that had to be removed for the brake overhaul. They are punched in at the company and at the service center they have no option but to replace them it seems. Said it was std practice for the Swift.

The Swift seems to be pretty happy after the service. Total service cost at 30k comes up to 2600/-.

The Mobil works great. After the oil change the car felt smooth.
Drive on!!
Shibu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks