Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2011, 18:34   #1996
vsh
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You might be covered under goodwill warranty, or at least a part of it, since the car has done 6000 km more than the warranty coverage.
oh my god i thought its under warranty. i have to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Did you try bleeding the clutch and seeing ? Like I find it strange that it 'suddenly' stopped downshifting in 2 gears at the same time. I mean 2 Synro rings breaking at the same time is a little hard to digest.
i dont know these technicalities about the car save "bleeding the clutch". will ask MASS guys about this.

Last edited by vsh : 19th June 2011 at 18:36. Reason: spelling
Old 19th June 2011, 18:40   #1997
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
oh my god i thought its under warranty. i have to check it out.

i dont know these technicalities about the car save "bleeding the clutch". will ask MASS guys about this.
It is not. Extended warranty is 80K Kms or 4 yrs which ever is earlier.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:14   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have to change my shocks under warranty next week..
Naveen ,
I think you have 15'' alloys and 205 section tyre on your swift ,right ?
So is your warranty for shocks still valid ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:20   #1999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Naveen ,
I think you have 15'' alloys and 205 section tyre on your swift ,right ?
So is your warranty for shocks still valid ?
Yes, I have 15" with 205 rubbers. It is valid. Have to change the right shocks. Said he would change it under warranty. Have to change it next week.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:31   #2000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have 15" with 205 rubbers. It is valid. Have to change the right shocks. Said he would change it under warranty. Have to change it next week.
OK, that's interesting .
Because i knew if you upgrade to 15'' , warranty for shocks becomes void.
Not sure if this varies from MASS to MASS
Cheers
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:41   #2001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OK, that's interesting .
Cheers
Oh. I didnt know that. Will update you when I visit them to change the shocks.
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:05   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
OK, that's interesting .
Cheers
Warranty is generally in the hands of the MASS.
If you have a good rapport with them, believe me you can replace almost anything in the vehicle be it void or non-void.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:29   #2003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Warranty is generally in the hands of the MASS.
If you have a good rapport with them, believe me you can replace almost anything in the vehicle be it void or non-void.
Thats correct!!

Also the suspension warranty is theoretically void if you upsize, put on not standard alloy wheels etc.

Drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 28th June 2011, 23:24   #2004
Senior - BHPian

Today in the morning when i was about to start my car , noticed that the service light didnt go off like other days .
So waited for a while , but still no go, so started the car and idle it for 5mins, switched off the car and then again tried but still the light was not going off unless the car is started.
I faced this issue some time back also, and rushed to MASS, but they didnt see any error registered after couple of attempts.
So they cleared the error and it was fine .

So not sure whats causing this service light to glow .

Would really appreciate any pointers on this .

Cheers.
Old 29th June 2011, 00:41   #2005
BHPian

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Hi All!
I just got my Swift D'zire serviced at Competent Automobiles, Gurgaon. The following works were done -
1) Engine Oil Change
2) Transmission Oil Change
3) Brake Oil Change
4) Coolant Change
5) Engine Flush
6) Engine Rejuvenation/ Decarbonisation
7) Front Brake Pads Replaced
8) Brake Callipers Cleaned
9) Rear Brake Drums Cleaned
10) Front Struts Bushes Replaced
11) Trunk Lid Latch Assembly Changed and some other works.
Now, I would like to ask here that should I get the EGR Valve also cleaned. My car has clocked 35,500 kms. The Service Advisor at the Dealership told me that it has to be done at the 40,000 service. But, since I have already got the car serviced at 35,500 kms., it is most unlikely that I would be taking it to the Dealership for service at 40,000 kms.
Please also let me know the following -
1) Is EGR cleaning important?
2) What else I must get done now, so that I dont have to go to the Dealer for servicing at 40,000 kms.?
Regards.
Ameeth Kumar Jha
Old 29th June 2011, 05:32   #2006
TOR
BHPian

^it would be a good idea to get the battery checked-as this is a common symptom for suzuki diesel cars before the battery gives up the ghost.
Old 29th June 2011, 08:54   #2007
BHPian

+1
Service vehicle indicator and diesel filter indicator lighting up without any reason is a very good indicator for a weak battery in the Swift D. Add to that the present battery life and you can be damn sure.

Present battery > 3 years life + above indicators lighting up = 95% chance that the battery is weak. Although some people reported battery going kaput in 2 years also :( .
Old 29th June 2011, 09:30   #2008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today in the morning when i was about to start my car , noticed that the service light didnt go off like other days .
So waited for a while , but still no go, so started the car and idle it for 5mins, switched off the car and then again tried but still the light was not going off unless the car is started.
I faced this issue some time back also, and rushed to MASS, but they didnt see any error registered after couple of attempts.
So they cleared the error and it was fine .

So not sure whats causing this service light to glow .

Would really appreciate any pointers on this .

Cheers.
Check your battery. I had this problem few weeks back. My OEM battery lasted 2.5 years clocking 25kms. What about yours? Are you still running on your first battery?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:37   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check your battery. I had this problem few weeks back. My OEM battery lasted 2.5 years clocking 25kms. What about yours? Are you still running on your first battery?
Hmmm, may be , my car is just 1.5 years old and have run 15k kms till now .

Planning to take car to the MASS and get it checked .

Also is it ok if drive the car for few days and on weekends get it checked ?

Also today in the morning i noticed the light actually goes off for few seconds and then comes back and once your start the car it doesnt glow any more .
Old 29th June 2011, 13:11   #2010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, may be , my car is just 1.5 years old and have run 15k kms till now .

Planning to take car to the MASS and get it checked .

Also is it ok if drive the car for few days and on weekends get it checked ?

Also today in the morning i noticed the light actually goes off for few seconds and then comes back and once your start the car it doesnt glow any more .
I would say you are taking a big risk. I noticed the lights when I took my car after office. Thought I would take it home and check at MASS during the weekend. On the way back, I stopped thrice to check whether the battery would start properly. But my third attempt took some cranking for the car to start. Took it straight to MASS and noticed it wont start.

MASS quoted around 10k for the battery. Hearing this I asked for a service battery to run my car during the weekends. Since they didnt offer this, I went start to an accessories shop and got a new battery. They said Swift D OEM battery will last 2-3 yrs only.

From my experience I came to the conclusion that MASS will not check the battery during the service. I had serviced my car just 2 days before the battery went kaput.!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks