Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2013, 00:51   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'm confused between these lances and nozzles. The Bosch Aquatak 100 plus consists of accessories Vario-Jet-Fan nozzle, Flexi-Jet-Power lance and Roto Jet lance.

Will I be able to procure + attach a similar rotary lance if I buy the Karcher 2.110?
AFAIK The Karcher 2.110 comes with the roto or dirt blaster lance only. No vario lance offered.

Advantage of vario lance is you can use it on the paint by keeping it in mid setting. Ive had no problem using it on high setting also, like today my car was ultra dirty. Cleaned up pretty well. I used the roto dirtblaster lance for the dirty wheel wells.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 13:39   #347
Senior - BHPian

re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
AFAIK The Karcher 2.110 comes with the roto or dirt blaster lance only. No vario lance offered.

Advantage of vario lance is you can use it on the paint by keeping it in mid setting. Ive had no problem using it on high setting also, like today my car was ultra dirty. Cleaned up pretty well. I used the roto dirtblaster lance for the dirty wheel wells.
I'm a noob on this and am confused. Is there any material on the net explaining the different lances and their uses and restrictions. The only thing I know is that I will be washing the car once in a fortnight. So there will be layers of dirt - the fine dust mixed with water dried on to the paint, plus some muck inside the wheel arches. I am guessing that I will require a rotary jet for removing the two week old layer of dirt. On top of that I am also guessing that a straight jet is going to hurt the paint work. One another thing that I know is my budget - 7 to 8 to max 9k is okay and 15k is stretching it a lot; but if there are substantial advantages, I might think of shelling out the extra 6k (9+6=15).

K2.110 is not shown under the products page of Karcher India. Is it discontinued officially? Hence, going by the machpowertools.com site, K2.110 have only the 'one way spray lance'. So that is why I thought whether a rotary lance is available to be fitted on the K2.110.

I would also love to have a foaming nozzle before I try to dislodge the two week old dirt. Is that attachable to the K2.110? Considering the budget, the other product I am thinking is of the Bosch Aquatak 100 plus, but I believe the foaming is no where useful and I fear Chinese durability.
Old 7th July 2013, 14:33   #348
BHPian

Quote:
the fine dust mixed with water dried on to the paint, plus some muck inside the wheel arches. I am guessing that I will require a rotary jet for removing the two week old layer of dirt. On top of that I am also guessing that a straight jet is going to hurt the paint work.

I am thinking is of the Bosch Aquatak 100 plus, but I believe the foaming is no where useful and I fear Chinese durability.
Don't use the rotary nozzle onto the paint. It'll straight away rip off the clear coat and onwards the paint itself (Happened to my old Indica).

I have an Aquatak 100+. Am using the jet/fan nozzle and that flexible head nozzle. You cannot remove all the dirt with the washer. You need to wash it with soap and a MF cloth. And you may need to use a tar remover to remove all the tar and stains.

The detergent bottle which comes with the aquatak sucks big time. It doesn't give foam at all. Any body have an idea from where I can get a foam lance for my washer? How much it would cost?
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 15:03   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Don't use the rotary nozzle onto the paint. It'll straight away rip off the clear coat and onwards the paint itself (Happened to my old Indica).

I have an Aquatak 100+. Am using the jet/fan nozzle and that flexible head nozzle.
The jet/fan nozzle, on fan setting is the only nozzle that is safe for use on cars. If I remember correctly, it even says so in the manual.

High pressure jets are for stonework, etc, not paint work.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 15:57   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
You cannot remove all the dirt with the washer. You need to wash it with soap and a MF cloth.
Thanks for the tips.

So why should I go for a pressure washer when I still need to use much elbow grease? Just to clean the wheel arches? Not even the under-body can be cleaned unless I lift up the car, right?

But I am still confused with
  • Fan lance
  • Roto-Power lance
  • Flexi-Jet lance
Can anyone share some snaps showing their application.
Old 7th July 2013, 18:16   #351
BHPian

Quote:
So why should I go for a pressure washer when I still need to use much elbow grease?
Can anyone share some snaps showing their application.
Its not that the washers are not good. They are far better way to wash off mud and sand than rinsing with a normal water hose. Will help to clean the remaining debris easily (with the soap and cloth, of course). Other wise your cloth will become dirty quickly and chances of sand scratching the paint become high.

Here you go, fellow bhpian SS-Traveller's experience with his Aquatak
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1724483

Last edited by vaisakhr : 7th July 2013 at 18:26.
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 19:23   #352
BHPian

Quote:
India. Is it discontinued officially? Hence, going by the machpowertools.com site, K2.110 have only the 'one way spray lance'. So that is why I thought whether a rotary lance is available to be fitted on the K2.110.

The following pictures show one and a half month old dirt on my car, all cleaned up with Hyperwash via karcher foam nozzle and vario lance shown in the picture. This was a complete touchless wash. I had to max the setting on vario lance. Hyperwash is excellent I have to say. Id dare not touch it with wash mitt and mf - never have after I got the washer.

The dirt was so bad, that I had difficulty seeing through thw glass the previous night when I had gone for a fillup.

I did not use the roto aka dirtblaster lance to clean anything on the paint. The pressure generated on that lance will easily strip your paint. The vario lance is safe completely for paint even at max setting which I used it in.

All these attachments im referring to is for the Karcher machines only. I have no idea of bosch machines nomenclature of lances.

The dirtblaster aka roto aka fan lance on karcher can be used for cleaning wheel wells and patios and tiles etc.

The foam nozzle is compatible with all karcher x series models.

Hope this helps.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130707_191444.png
Views: 2474
Size:  400.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130707_191511.png
Views: 2467
Size:  421.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130707_191531.png
Views: 2531
Size:  355.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130707_191555.png
Views: 2453
Size:  442.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130707_191638.png
Views: 2399
Size:  534.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130707_191722.png
Views: 2487
Size:  438.1 KB

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 7th July 2013 at 19:35.
Old 7th July 2013, 23:10   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not use the roto aka dirtblaster lance to clean anything on the paint. The pressure generated on that lance will easily strip your paint.
Quote:
So I cannot use the K2.110 on to paint unless I source a vario lance separately, right? Any idea if a vario lance is available for the K2.110 and at what price? Yours is a K3.550 I guess.

Thanks for the pictures.
Old 7th July 2013, 23:19   #354
BHPian

Quote:

So I cannot use the K2.110 on to paint unless I source a vario lance separately, right? Any idea if a vario lance is available for the K2.110 and at what price? Yours is a K3.550 I guess.

Thanks for the pictures.
I guess you can source a vario lance from Karcher dealers. No idea about the price. You can call up Karcher customer care or any dealer about that.

People do use the 2.110 on cars with the roto lance btw. So cant say for sure if it wont be safe. I wont use it on paint though.

Mines a 3.500. Btw, you need a direct tap connection to run the 2.110 or bosch aquataks. I hope you have already thought abt that.
Old 8th July 2013, 23:54   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Friends - Need a suggestion from you all please.

I am going to the US shortly. I plan to come back to india and buy KArcher K 3.550 (with the savings

I want to buy the following accessories from US since it is cheaper and i am comfortable spending dollars than rupees.

Please let me know would the following accessories fit Karcher K 3.550.
Hello Bharath

For the Karcher washers, you just need to see if the lance fitments have the standard adapter or HD adapter. All fitments for the 3.550 have the standard adapters. If it fits any Of the X series machines like 2.110 and above it will fit the 3.550 also.

There are other companies that make extra products for the Karcher and other pw companies. They may also be an economical option.

Out of the above 3, only the first two I can suggest getting. For the wheels, its better to get a wheel brush and wash with the roto lance or vario lance after that. The wheel cleaner accesory isnt really worth it.

But if you really want you can get all 3.

Regards.

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2013 at 17:44. Reason: Removing naked URL tag
Old 12th July 2013, 19:27   #356
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Any info about portable car washers that come with in built tank and can be powered by the car 12v supply like the below

http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk/index....Green/p_5.html

or are manual hand pump like the below

http://www.savewatersavemoney.co.uk/...r-water-saving
Old 15th July 2013, 16:32   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Any info about portable car washers that come with in built tank and can be powered by the car 12v supply like the below

http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk/index....Green/p_5.html

or are manual hand pump like the below

http://www.savewatersavemoney.co.uk/...r-water-saving
The Nomad is a good option with limited use. Service and accessories sourcing would be a challenge. I would suggest to but a full size pressure washer like to K3 or K2 series / Black and decker and likes.

The Manual hand-pump would not generate enough pressure to remove dirt and grime.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:04   #358
Senior - BHPian

Bosch has on offer for the pressure washers for its employees in Bangalore. If you have any friends/ relatives working for Bosch, you can make use of this offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-untitled3_min.jpg  

Old 17th July 2013, 12:32   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Bosch has on offer for the pressure washers for its employees in Bangalore. If you have any friends/ relatives working for Bosch, you can make use of this offer.
Skil pressure washer is available for 5.2k/5.3k with free shipping on various sites. I bought mine from machpowertools for 5.3K 2 weeks ago.
Old 17th July 2013, 15:36   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Skil pressure washer is available for 5.2k/5.3k with free shipping on various sites. I bought mine from machpowertools for 5.3K 2 weeks ago.
Its available for Rs 4200 in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks