Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 01:22   #46
BHPian
 
yogisays0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Man, can't wait to see this one completed with full specs. When the project due to complete and please let us know the total cost involved

Esteem Rocks
Hang on Brother, hang on...
By the new year it should be ready i guess. And the pricing is within the range of 30K
yogisays0909 is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 02:59   #47
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Gooodie Gooodie!! Let me know if you need help with the lights. I have an easy option for you.
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 09:39   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Thanks for the compliment bro, I some how like the looks of the Type 1 Esteem, so didnt do that.
Since you converted the interiors, i thought you liked the new shape. I prefer the old one too. Get a neat spoiler now.
esteem_lover is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 12:55   #49
BHPian
 
yogisays0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Gooodie Gooodie!! Let me know if you need help with the lights. I have an easy option for you.
please please tell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Since you converted the interiors, i thought you liked the new shape. I prefer the old one too. Get a neat spoiler now.
Working on the spoiler design. Thinking of a lip or the GT type of fibre one!

Last edited by v12 : 10th December 2009 at 10:09.
yogisays0909 is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 15:44   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Are those wheel caps or alloys? What is the make and cost? They look good...
Raccoon is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 23:52   #51
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,892
Thanked: 3,317 Times
Default

Looks good yogi. A couple of suggestions though :
- Install those side protection strips (and keep them black)
- Bumper chrome strips
- Have the registration number next to the boot lock (preferably a sticker and not plate)
- I hope you are fixing the monograms
- Black door handles and grille

This is a pre-facelift Esteem and its got the interiors of the face-lifted one. How did you pay for it?
v12 is offline  
Old 10th December 2009, 00:15   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

NIce going bro. Cars looking good. Job well done. Body work also looks aligned.
Give me a call when your this side of town. We'll have a photo shoot.
danlalan is offline  
Old 10th December 2009, 09:10   #53
BHPian
 
yogisays0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
NIce going bro. Cars looking good. Job well done. Body work also looks aligned.
Give me a call when your this side of town. We'll have a photo shoot.
Bro :( I am going back to Saudi tomorrow and the car will be goin back to workshop. Will b back soon and then we will do it, and also the car will be complete by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Looks good yogi. A couple of suggestions though :
- Install those side protection strips (and keep them black)
- Bumper chrome strips
- Have the registration number next to the boot lock (preferably a sticker and not plate)
- I hope you are fixing the monograms
- Black door handles and grille

This is a pre-facelift Esteem and its got the interiors of the face-lifted one. How did you pay for it?
1) the rubber strips u mean?
2) Okies.
3) we gona sticker the plate either on the boot or the bumper corner.
4) No monograms, it will be debadged, the way it is now.
5) Geting new door handles, new RVM's and wire mesh grille, adn in Matte Black.
6) Yes its the pre facelift Esteem , the old dash and door panels were too boxy sahped, so we got it changed to Type 3.
Total Cost of the Project is withing 30K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Are those wheel caps or alloys? What is the make and cost? They look good...
Those are alloys, the most common design.......
yogisays0909 is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 10:49   #54
BHPian
 
yogisays0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Fog lamps

Aliright people the car is back to the work shop for final touch up.
hopefully in couple of weeks should be back on the roads.

Hey guys I have these fog lamps with H3 HID's .
Please suggest, where do i put them up?
in the grille or on the bumpers?
Attached Thumbnails
Talk of the Town, my Matte Red Esteem!-dscf0184.jpg  

yogisays0909 is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 10:58   #55
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,892
Thanked: 3,317 Times
Default

Obviously on the bumper - below the number plates.
v12 is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 11:00   #56
BHPian
 
yogisays0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Obviously on the bumper - below the number plates.
Alright Brother, will have them fixed there.
yogisays0909 is offline  
Old 20th December 2009, 01:58   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

On the bumper makes a lot of sense to me. Cheers!!
harishnayak is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:21   #58
BHPian
 
yogisays0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Hey guys please help me on this querry, have asked the same question other thread too but couldnt understand much of it.
My esteems brake are bad, the car doesnt stop fast!
as u know type 1 Esteem has non ventilated solid discs.
Can someone tell me how can I get the type 2/3 braking system plonked into it!
what all needs to be changed, with a budget of 10K, what can be done?
yogisays0909 is offline  
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:01   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,993
Thanked: 857 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Hey guys please help me on this querry, have asked the same question other thread too but couldnt understand much of it.
My esteems brake are bad, the car doesnt stop fast!
as u know type 1 Esteem has non ventilated solid discs.
Can someone tell me how can I get the type 2/3 braking system plonked into it!
what all needs to be changed, with a budget of 10K, what can be done?

Yogi As far as i know there is no difference in breaks rotters, I didnt know the Type 1 comes with non ventilated setup. The break booster is the same i know this since when my esteem totaled my mech installed my break booster on another esteem which was type one and had some problems with it. The sloted disc are not expensive ~2k a pair but why do you need stock setup when you can go for EBC green stuff at almost the same money. 10K for this setup is a decent budget and i am sure you will get a lot of aftermarket stuff. If you wanna go for a cheaper setup see if you can get a donor type 3 vehicle(quite common these days).

I would suggest changing the rear drums, Cylenders and bleading the lines should solve the problem. Esteems have a known breaking issue after they run for 10-15 Kms, I had this issue in my type 2 esteem as well.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline  
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:02   #60
BHPian
 
yogisays0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Yogi As far as i know there is no difference in breaks rotters, I didnt know the Type 1 comes with non ventilated setup. The break booster is the same i know this since when my esteem totaled my mech installed my break booster on another esteem which was type one and had some problems with it. The sloted disc are not expensive ~2k a pair but why do you need stock setup when you can go for EBC green stuff at almost the same money. 10K for this setup is a decent budget and i am sure you will get a lot of aftermarket stuff. If you wanna go for a cheaper setup see if you can get a donor type 3 vehicle(quite common these days).

I would suggest changing the rear drums, Cylenders and bleading the lines should solve the problem. Esteems have a known breaking issue after they run for 10-15 Kms, I had this issue in my type 2 esteem as well.

Pramod
Bro, type 1 zen,M800 and Esteem, M1000, always came with non ventilated rotors! Ventilated discs started off with the type 2.
I am not sure if the booster is the same!,
I would love to have slotted discs any day!, where and whom should i get in touch with to source them?
Also the major problem is the brake pad for type 1 esteem are not easily available these days, and these brakes pads need a side clip to hold them, which are a pain to get.
I dont know whether this happens with me only , or with others too. my brake pads fall off once they wear out, and they take away the clips with them. this has happened twice with me!
yogisays0909 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matte Black + Candy Red Avenger. karan561 Modifications & Accessories 17 12th June 2012 14:41
Bangalore! - A new tuner in town - Red Rooster Performance Harrie Modifications & Accessories 70 28th March 2012 09:57
Matte red Porsche Carrera GT! suhaas307 The International Automotive Scene 12 24th December 2009 23:29
Pics of my Matte Black Vtec.... jigarmuni Modifications & Accessories 53 26th October 2009 13:12
Mr talkie talk talk The Sorcerer Introduce yourself 5 28th September 2008 20:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks