Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 09:31   #106
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 unveiled EDIT Now Launched

Any idea if this comes in colors other than black? Keen on picking up the 500 CC. Hope they have sorted out any niggles that were there in the UCE engine now that it has been here for 3 years.
Old 9th October 2012, 12:50   #107
BHPian

Got a chance to see the glossy black TBTS500 at the bangalore brand store, which too is being renovated. The store manager was yelling at the RE sales guy, right in front of us, for bringing us into the godown where the TBTS500 was kept. He might as well have yelled at us directly.

It was such a bad feeling - going all the way there to book two DS500 for my friends and to find a showroom in such mess. All we asked for is to take a look at a DS500 which was kept in the godown, we did not even ask for a test ride of any c500. The TBTS500 just happened to be there.

Looks like the store is being renovated specifically for the TBTS500 launch which will happen in a couple of days.
Old 9th October 2012, 14:21   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
The same RE employee, and his colleague for that matter, have said a lot of things "off the record" to many of us over the past 5 years, NONE of which have translated into reality! In addition, the contents of the off-the-record briefing varies drastically depending on the club/individual etc! :P So we continue to be skeptical!

I was wowed by the TB500 as well when I saw it a few months back. But I entertain no illusions about RE bringing in all the goodies seen there onto the production bike. Remember we have all seen this before when the Machismo 500 was showcased years before it actually launched. All the building up of hopes and expectations and Hype: how did that go? exactly 3 years later, the Classic 500 saga started: how did that go? I doubt the TB500 experience is going to be radically different, considering the same bunch of incompetent "consultants" are handling this assignment as well!

Classic RE tantabaazi: polish a turd, and it will still remain a turd: if only they realized that! If RE has to change (and I believe they can), they should start by firing these incompetent and overpaid "consultants" who have clearly outlived their utility.

Funny story from last week: said RE employee bought a TB500 to a bike club meet recently hoping to win some converts (and sales). Unfortunately for him, the bikes electrical systems chose that exact moment to go up in flames after a short-circuit! This then is the situation with a showcase-spec bike one wonders just how bad the production lot will be.
Hi, I dont know how reliable the mechanicals are. however what ever bike they had claimed to revealed on oct 23rd( now oct 11th) was exact replica of what was showcased in auto expo. i have no clue of reliability of parts as i personally dint experienced yet. as i had quoted before, this fittings look top notch so did DS when it was released. I have bought the bike and used it for 11 months now and odo 13k kms. my bike had its share of problems. i have also put clause since i owned two REs in total and i know how reliable they are
Old 9th October 2012, 14:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

For me personally, I feel RE will under-deliver. As in, the TBTS 500 will sell very well. But it will come with its share of problems and issues. But RE will have a whole horde of new "converts" who swear by it and after a year down the line, they will start having troubles with the bike. Disgruntled with this, they will move on to better bikes - again RE will release a new bike, get new "bulletteers" and it goes on - a never ending cycle.

I have spoken to so many people (bullet clubs and "normal" users) who own it just because of the name. But how long is that going to take you?
naveenroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 11:48   #110
BHPian

TBTS 500 lauch today!

Bookings start today! Headed there with my chequebook now...
Old 11th October 2012, 13:08   #111
Senior - BHPian

RETB500 is launched at a price of Rs.1.82 Lacs.

IMO the pricing is on the higher side.
Old 11th October 2012, 13:25   #112
Senior - BHPian

I think this is the Mumbai On road price and considering that this brings goodies like better headlamps, disc brake all around etc to the plate compared to CL500 the price is kind of justified.
Old 11th October 2012, 13:53   #113
Senior - BHPian

Zigwheels Test Drive report for the RETB500 is out. Here is the link to the same:

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...st-ride/14329/

... & the link to OD Rest Drive report:

http://www.overdrive.in/details/2197...dia-first-ride

Last edited by CARDEEP : 11th October 2012 at 14:00.
Old 11th October 2012, 14:28   #114
BHPian

Looks like TBTS 350 CC also got some updates? Was it @ 1.43 Lacs on road earlier too? One of my cousin had and it was only 1.20 Lacs during 2009.

TBTS 500 is something like I can only dream about at this point considering the on-road cost and petrol rate
Old 11th October 2012, 14:36   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
RETB500 is launched at a price of Rs.1.82 Lacs.

IMO the pricing is on the higher side.
I guess they are on target with the pricing. In my opinion, with all those improvements, this price is justified.
Old 11th October 2012, 14:39   #116
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2012 at 10:55.
mshooli is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th October 2012, 15:22   #117
BHPian

How come the website is still showing 3 pm tomorrow as arrival for the Cruiser. Is it about showrooms/ test drives? I will test drive one next weekend and take a call.

Last edited by indian21r : 11th October 2012 at 15:27. Reason: typo
Old 11th October 2012, 15:30   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
How come the website is still showing 3 pm tomorrow as arrival for the Cruiser. Is it about showrooms/ test drives? I will test drive one next weekend and take a call.
The bookings are open and the bikes are on display at all major showrooms. Just got the dope from one of my friend who works there
Old 11th October 2012, 15:35   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
How come the website is still showing 3 pm tomorrow as arrival for the Cruiser.
Check now.

http://www.royalenfield.com/Thunderbird/
racingmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 15:52   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
The bookings are open and the bikes are on display at all major showrooms. Just got the dope from one of my friend who works there
Thanks Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
It is opening now. A heavy Duty page of almost 8 Mb and lots of graphics too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks