Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 15:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Bikes and Cars of yester years long forgotten Anybody still driving or riding the

I recently started off with the restoration of my KB100 RTZ Delta. Had not ridden it for over a year and it was lying in our shed under covers and cardboard packings at my parents house in Juhu - Mumbai.

I recently moved back with my folks and began the restoration. I have uploaded some pics.

The KB100 RTZ is soon becoming a forgotten bike in Mumbai too. In Juhu I am the only one riding it. About 15 years ago there was one more in our society who sold it to someone in Juhu itself and its now rusting away in his garage. There is one more I see parked at a local shop on the Versova-Juhu link road opp. HDFC Bank.

Don't how to get the rust off the rims, shock-obs and leg guard.

Got a paint job with the original Wine Red color.

Anybody know where to find the original radium graphics for the tank, side panel and rear fairing for a RTZ ?
Also is it better to hard chrome the rims and silencer or get new ones instead !!
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-04092011020.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-04092011021.jpg  

Old 12th April 2011, 15:43   #17
BHPian

Re: Bikes and Cars of yester years long forgotten Anybody still driving or riding the

I can nenver forget
LML Vespa 150 (my dad still owns it now)
Lambretta
Old 12th April 2011, 16:02   #18
BHPian

Found some old brouchures of Yezdi lying around. I used to once own a Yezdi CL-II. Sold it to a friend for a mere 10k in 1994 owing to a cash crunch.

My friend took it to Indore and was still riding it till 2008 when I last went there to meet him.

Anybody seen any Yezdi Colts lately ???

Again, anybody heard of vehicles by the name Chinkara and San Storm in India ? There is one forum on Team-BHP where there is poll for the worst Indian cars. Never heard of these around however they are still there.

Welcome to Chinkara Motors

SAN MOTORS

Any Team BHP still drives or lives around a Bajaj Tempo Matador ??
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi-colt.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi-classic.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi-cl_ii.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdideluxe.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th April 2011 at 04:49. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules before proceeding, thanks
Old 12th April 2011, 19:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
The Badal was Made by the "Sipanis" not API. But it had a small Scooter Engine.
think made by API dont know for sure.
The Badal was was actually the "Reliant" 3 wheeler from UK, where 3 wheelers were popular coz they could be driven on a motorcycle licence.

It was powered by a 2-stroke 175cc Villiers engine with cable (not hysraulic) brakes !!!

There was one in my compound when I was a kid. The day they scrapped it, it broke my heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post

The question is :Anybody know of any Yezdi dealers who might still have any of these in stock .. probably lying around somewhere under covers and dust !!

Alok_Balsekar you knew this guy at Dahisar who once ran the Yezdi dealership for North Mumbai right ?? Any contacts ?
I have the details to the guy and am in touch with him. He does not have any bikes now and the gang has already plundered any spares he had left !!!

He tells me that there was a Yezdi 350 for sale as late as 1996 !!!

I am planning to get my Y-350 restoration done from him very soon.

Quote:
Anybody know where to find the original radium graphics for the tank, side panel and rear fairing for a RTZ ?
Also is it better to hard chrome the rims and silencer or get new ones instead !!
Hard Chrome for Rims is EXTREMELY expensive!!! May set u back by 5-6k!!

Try Sah & Sangi in Worli. They might have a few spares lest coz they are one of the Oldest Bajaj dealers in the city. I also heard of a genuine Bajaj stockist in Opera House once, but coz i do not have any Bajaj bikes, did not store the number.
Will let u know ASAP.

Rims, I suggest u get them replaced. (I think boxer ones smaller) try Aftermarket suppliers like Swastik. They made crashguards too.
Crashguards, the company manufactured ones are of a different quality altogether.

The rear fairing and side panels may be available I Think I have the side panel Monograms somewhere. If i find it, it's yours!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 13th April 2011 at 05:28. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 12th April 2011, 20:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found some old brouchures of Yezdi lying around. I used to once own a Yezdi CL-II. Sold it to a friend for a mere 10k in 1994 owing to a cash crunch.

My brother-in-law had road king. I told him not to sell. He went ahead and sold for 10K ten years back. Should have bought it myself but for money crunch. What a bike it was!!
Old 12th April 2011, 20:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?

Anyone remember...

Enfield Minibullet (Dad had one. Awesome.)

TVS Express (I think this didn't require a license to ride, its power was so little)

Bajaj Endura (man, when I was 10 y/o this was my dream bike!)

Last edited by rajushank84 : 12th April 2011 at 20:41.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Dolphin (two door) and Montana (four door) were cars with FRP bodies made by Sipani Automobiles of Bangalore, not Standard Motors. I still sight the occassional one in B'lore, nowhere else.

Badal, IIRC was also a three wheeled FRP car, but I doubt it was made by API.

Enfield mad had a scooter called Fantabulous, with foot operated gears.
Badal was made by same co. who made Dolphin but that time it was named SAIL. maybe Sipani Automobiles India Ltd. There used to be a monograme SAIL in the front..

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 12th April 2011 at 21:52.
Old 12th April 2011, 23:09   #23
BHPian

My dad still rides his Bajaj Super FE.
That aging scooter draws attention with its one kick start from the dead.
Old 13th April 2011, 01:06   #24
BHPian

More forgotten vehicles.

Bajaj Tempo Matador and Viking

Found these on a 2009 Team BHP post by Karlosdeville (BHPian)
This one is a killer... Our folks probably used them for their weekend outings. I am sure most of us have travelled in one of them during our child hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-04.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-01.jpg  

Old 13th April 2011, 01:19   #25
BHPian

Going thru some old archives on other sites .. look what I found !!

The good ol' Sooraj diesel bike and also the Enfield Diesel Bullet..

Also found a completely restored Enfield Explorer owned by someone named Kumar in Karnataka - Bangalore Near Horamavu Rly Crossing. He's done a neat restoration. Around 1992 before I got myself a Hero Puch Turbo Sport I was on the lookout for this bike which then sold for around 15-16k on road price.
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-soorajad.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-enfielddiesel2.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-restored-enfield-explorer.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 15th April 2011, 02:58   #26
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

We forgot the Ind Suzuki AX100

This one evolved into the AX100R, then the MAX 100 (with a dynamo and no battery) then came the MAX100R with a battery. Same engine went into the Samurai with some mods in the engine and new body make over and graphics. It had this very smooth and unforgettable sound of the engine that I can never forget.

One 1984 model is still owned by one of our distinguished BHPians Dhabhar Behram in Mumbai

Dhabhar if you see this post please put in some comments on your ride ! (and also some new photos of this bike.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th April 2011 at 00:17. Reason: See Note
Old 15th April 2011, 04:13   #27
BHPian

Found some photos of a Jawa owners Motorcycle meet somewhere in India. Is it Karnataka ?

Anyone know of Colts still running or in working condition yet parked somewhere in Mumbai or Pune or any other city ?
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-colt-other-yezdi.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-colt-large-tank.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-colt.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-jawa1.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi-jawa.jpg  

riteshpawar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2011, 08:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I recently started off with the restoration of my KB100 RTZ Delta.
Nice bike, I had one of the last few KB100's too! Longer wheelbase compared to the RX100 and heavier too! Could really tilt her into corners at high speeds!

Suggest new rims rear shock absorbers and leg guard as these are still easily available. Cost also will only be a couple of hundred more than re-chroming. Also since older rims and shock absorber springs may lose their strength during the chroming process. Keep the older ones for posterity. Only get the silencer re chromed, since that may be difficult to get new, and will not affect safety-wise.

The decals for the tank and others can be made to order if you can't get a new set.
Old 15th April 2011, 09:07   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
condor : Wish some one does save this for posteriety.
Spitfire : You are not serious.. Are you??
Why not ? It is still part of Indian Automotive history. Even the Enola Gay is very neatly & carefully preserved & displayed to the public.

Quote:
Spitfire : Since this forum has a global audience we need to be careful what we bracket where.
How does that prevent us from discussing a model that was part of the Indian automotive scene ? Everyone has learnt from their experiences, and so did we.

Quote:
Spitfire : Then it shouldn't be on this thread.
Good call. It is now a diff thread.

Quote:
Spitfire : That vehicle was a lemon.
A lemon is a single bad unit in a group. One that is so bad, that it is not usable at all, not repairable and must be replaced. You may argue that the model itself was a "lemon", but a more apt description for this is a really bad / flop model.
Old 15th April 2011, 09:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

My father had Norton bike. It was Made in England and in some blue color. After his unfortunate demise, whole bike was rusted and ultimately it was sold as scrap. It was lying for years and I was dreaming to restore it to glory one day. That time I was kid and there was no money. My father bought it from Kolkata. He also got one Bullet and Willys Jeep from his office.

When I grown up that bike was long gone. Once, I tried to find similar bike but there was no luck. I do not have any pictures of bike but here pic taken from internet. Original owners of pic mention in pic itself.

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-norton01.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks