Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 12:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?

I am not sure if a Rajdoot 175 suits to this thread. All my memories are about automobiles. Initially my dad had a 1968 Enfield (with Villiers name in engine) Sherpa. After that moved to Rajdoots, we still have our 1983 model Rajdoot in really good condition. It is not being used regularly, but well-preserved. I really want to re-paint and chrome it during next visit. The photo is in my garage album.

With thanks and regards
Old 15th April 2011, 16:27   #32
BHPian

Have used these in older times....very rarely seen now-a-days
Kinetic Luna (single seater and Super - one with long seat)
Bajaj M50
Bajaj M80
Bajaj Priya
Bajaj Sunny
Then there was one battery operated moped - was it called Mofa ?
Old 15th April 2011, 16:41   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Why not ? It is still part of Indian Automotive history. Even the Enola Gay is very neatly & carefully preserved & displayed to the public.
You talk about Enola Gay and the Badal in the same breath?? I am lost.

Quote:
How does that prevent us from discussing a model that was part of the Indian automotive scene ? Everyone has learnt from their experiences, and so did we.
Remember that thread was in Vintage and Classic Cars Section. So a Badal showing up in a Vintage and Classic Car section would be silly. My post was directed to which section the picture was posted in.

Quote:
Good call. It is now a diff thread.
Half my thread was to bring out the logic why the Badal should not feature in Vintage and Classic Car Section. Now it has we are at peace.

Quote:
A lemon is a single bad unit in a group. One that is so bad, that it is not usable at all, not repairable and must be replaced. You may argue that the model itself was a "lemon", but a more apt description for this is a really bad / flop model.
Every vehicle that came out of Sipani Motors (except the Rovers - we know why) were lemons.

So yeah I should have said lemon company - to investors, to relatives, to vendors, to customers and everybody else.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
Bajaj Priya
Priya does not belong to Bajaj company. However design was almost similar as of Bajaj Super. It was product of Maharashtra Scooters Ltd.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have a 1949 Norton ES-II 500 and i still ride it. It works just fine and attracts a lot of attention whenever it goes thumping by past an appreciating eye. Need to be restored now, looks aged, needs a good paint and a minor tuning job, still its very reliable!! Just love it!!
Old 15th April 2011, 17:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I have a 1949 Norton ES-II 500 and i still ride it. It works just fine and attracts a lot of attention whenever it goes thumping by past an appreciating eye. Need to be restored now, looks aged, needs a good paint and a minor tuning job, still its very reliable!! Just love it!!
I just checked your garage, and found our Nortan was similar to this. I am not aware of the model of our Nortan that we had. In our Norton rear seat was also spring seat like front seats.

I really regret now after losing it.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:39   #37
BHPian

I am on road always with my 1966 Bullet 350cc and sometimes 1967 JAWA 250cc and also sometimes on my MOFA 22cc
Old 15th April 2011, 17:44   #38
BHPian

A scooterette from LML - Trendy, which was pretty good looking. I haven't seen it since a long time.
Old 15th April 2011, 18:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Kindly delete previous post. Sipani Badal lying at Coimbatore.
This is actually a Reliant Robin which was sold in India as Badal. This car is also seen in Mr.Bean's series
Old 15th April 2011, 19:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Priya does not belong to Bajaj company. However design was almost similar as of Bajaj Super. It was product of Maharashtra Scooters Ltd.

I agree with you Anuj that it was a product of MAHSCOOTER (Maharashtra Scooters) however it was sold in the Bajaj showroom and serviced by Bajaj too. This was an arrangement between Bajaj Auto and MahScooter as the later was a 24% stake holder in the former.

If you look at some older photos of the Priya you'll see the bajaj 'B' logo on it as well as on the speedo.
Old 15th April 2011, 19:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82rawath View Post
I am on road always with my 1966 Bullet 350cc and sometimes 1967 JAWA 250cc and also sometimes on my MOFA 22cc
which part of Mumbai do you stay ? Mofa is long gone off the streets of Mumbai however I really want to see you ride this one. In Mumbai I remember seeing some under age kids zipping around on the TVS Express mopeds hired from the local cycle shop for a rent of Rs.50 per hour. This was maybe around 1992. then the pizza craze had hit Mumbai so a lot of the Pizza parlours had bought them for the delivery boys.

I remember several parked outside Mcadonalds some years later.

Mofa's were significantly more in Tamil Nadu however owing to bad publicity from Enfield in other states they were only in brochures or showroom displays however never got to see them on the road.

Hey upload some snaps of your Mofa ride and PM me I want to get to see this one in Mumbai.
Old 15th April 2011, 19:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Have you heard of Viccy or Victoria and there was a modern looking model Vikky 2 as well , I have seen few old vikky in my child hood in Gwalior, The factory was in Gwalior and that area is still known as Vikky factory.

This is victoria which I saw parked in varandah of an uncle when I was in LKG/UKG
Victoria Moped

This is a thread on Vikky 2 on T-BHP
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...irca-78-a.html
Old 15th April 2011, 19:32   #43
BHPian

If anybody remembers this movie Choti Si Baat staring Amol Palekar, Vidya Sinha, Asrani and Ashok Kumar. It was a 1975 musical comedy, in which Amol Palekar buys this really old bike to impress the heroine and gets bumbed.

Any idea what bike this was ?
Old 15th April 2011, 19:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post
which part of Mumbai do you stay ? Mofa is long gone off the streets of Mumbai however I really want to see you ride this one. In Mumbai I remember seeing some under age kids zipping around on the TVS Express mopeds hired from the local cycle shop for a rent of Rs.50 per hour. This was maybe around 1992. then the pizza craze had hit Mumbai so a lot of the Pizza parlours had bought them for the delivery boys.

I remember several parked outside Mcadonalds some years later.

Mofa's were significantly more in Tamil Nadu however owing to bad publicity from Enfield in other states they were only in brochures or showroom displays however never got to see them on the road.

Hey upload some snaps of your Mofa ride and PM me I want to get to see this one in Mumbai.

Mofa is in my bedroom

You are welcome anytime to come and see it
Old 15th April 2011, 20:26   #45
BHPian

Had recently started off the restoration of my KB100 RTZ Delta and finally today was able to find original fuel tank, side panel and rear fairing graphics and done a good job in pasting them to restore the original look.

Also replaced the "bajaj" hologram on the fuel tank with a "K- Bajaj" from the KB100 RTZ of the pre-1995 bikes. These bikes had a sticker on the CARB cover with read KB100 Delta super tuned engine. I am still unable to find this.

Uploaded some new snaps today.

Anybody have an idea where to source "Du - Point" or Du pont paint spray. (please correct the spellings if I was wrong) for the engine covers and the chain guard.

Again, I am unable to get someone to get me the original seat cover look with the RTZ logo on the rear of the seat just above the fairing so I had put on a fancy seat cover (off-course this also saves my butt from getting burnt when the bike is parked uncovered somewhere)
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-s4010200.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-s4010204.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-s4010205.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-s4010208.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-s4010209.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-s4010213.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-s4010211.jpg  

riteshpawar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks