Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 21:58   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
That was very good find Trammway.......

What was the company made it ? How many sold ? any more information ?

All I know is that, This moped was mix and match with Suvega engine, Scooter tyre (this is 2nd two wheeler like bobby) and Mfgd in Coimbatore. I hope powertwin should be able to through some light on this subject.


I heard the owner of this bike quoted saying there were good number of them found in Vellore.

The company who made was either a ex-partner or relation of the people who were running Mopeds India.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 21:56   #152
BHPian
 
powertwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 444
Thanked: 152 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
That was very good find Trammway.......

What was the company made it ? How many sold ? any more information ?
Yes, this "Sujatha Mopeds" was also manufactered(????) at Coimbatore at mid 70's,but the earlier poto types where resembling our Suvega mopeds,with same Suvega powertrain .
I was told that they had problem in procuring engines from Suvega's Tirupathi plant ( though the manufacterer of Sujatha was a blood relative of MI).
The Cycle parts were manufactered as "Home made Parts" almost,so they were unable to sustain in the market ( they dint even had proper dealars to deal their products & itseems the Factory was a make shift of a " Cotton Gining Mill".
To be honest, have not seen this kind of 2W in flesh !!!
powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 11:35   #153
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,628
Thanked: 8,113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Here is the picture of Sujatha Comfort. The one in the picture is powered with TVS XL engine, acutally it came with Suvega engine.
Wow, looking at those razor sharp lines and diminutive dimensions, comfort is the last word that comes to mind!
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 14:53   #154
BHPian
 
powertwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 444
Thanked: 152 Times
Default TVS Express & octane overdose

@ Octane overdose:
Think you where searching for a TVS Miniped pics,
Anyway plz find the pic I shot a year ago !
Attached Thumbnails
Suvega!-tvsexpress.jpg  

powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:56   #155
BHPian
 
dhrishikesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 795
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Hi all, can Ianyone please tell me something about "Suvega Tiger" ???
I think its one of its version.

Last edited by dhrishikesh : 23rd June 2009 at 16:58.
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:58   #156
BHPian
 
dhrishikesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 795
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Is Suvega also ridden in moped races in South India ???
What modifications it needs ???
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:20   #157
BHPian
 
S@~+#0$#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 700
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville
Wow, looking at those razor sharp lines and diminutive dimensions, comfort is the last word that comes to mind!
Lol. In the world of mopeds, words like 'comfort', 'deluxe', 'xl', 'super', 'powerup', 'express' etc attain a different meaning all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Is Suvega also ridden in moped races in South India ???
What modifications it needs ???
Suvegas are not used in moped races today. Not sure about the past though.

However, TVS mopeds and Hero Puchs are raced in drags, hill climbs, auto-cross events and possibly track racing too.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 18:48   #158
BHPian
 
powertwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 444
Thanked: 152 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Lol. In the world of mopeds, words like 'comfort', 'deluxe', 'xl', 'super', 'powerup', 'express' etc attain a different meaning all together.



Suvegas are not used in moped races today. Not sure about the past though.

However, TVS mopeds and Hero Puchs are raced in drags, hill climbs, auto-cross events and possibly track racing too.
Here it is a EKO from TVS ,...its in my garage for past 20 days,till now I have not decided to Take Or...
ps: think lot of stock parts like head light, seat etc., are missing though!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Suvega!-sdc11997.jpg  

Suvega!-sdc11998.jpg  

powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 17:21   #159
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: bang
Posts: 13
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Hello

New to this forum

Want to know where i can find complete engine set for Enfield Mofa in chennai or Bangalore. Any one here with a spare engine?

Srini
srini1785 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 07:10   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Hello

New to this forum

Want to know where i can find complete engine set for Enfield Mofa in chennai or Bangalore. Any one here with a spare engine?

Srini

In chennai you can check out Pudupet, but I'm not too sure as anything is in existence. I can help you with parts such as piston or some plastics.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 04:03   #161
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default 1977 Suvega moped type AV 44 parts

Hi,
I am looking to restore a 1977 Suvega moped type AV 44 here in California and I am looking for some original Indian parts for it. I have attached a few photos. The headlight is "Beepee" marque and is 100mm across. The reflector says "Carex" and "India" on it and is 43.80mm across. Finally, the brake levels appear to be "Indola" marque. Are there any available? Anyone have these parts? Thank you.

Richard
Attached Images
   
rlazarowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 16:45   #162
BHPian
 
TuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 494
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlazarowich View Post
Hi,
I am looking to restore a 1977 Suvega moped type AV 44 here in California and I am looking for some original Indian parts for it. I have attached a few photos. The headlight is "Beepee" marque and is 100mm across. The reflector says "Carex" and "India" on it and is 43.80mm across. Finally, the brake levels appear to be "Indola" marque. Are there any available? Anyone have these parts? Thank you.

Richard
Hi:

The brands you have mentioned above make these parts for many other motorcycles, for instance Indola made rubber parts for almost all the two wheelers. So it is not the lever but the rubber sleeve on top of it made by Indola. These were not fatory fit ones, but aftermarket. These parts will be available online. You can search for Motobecane parts. If you still want me to check locally in India, I can do that.
TuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:00   #163
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IXE
Posts: 575
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Finally I got some work done on my Suvega.

The nice satisfying thing is I painted this myself.......The Art of Painting.

To explain it in short......

All parts stripped down and cleaned using CAT brand paint remover and washed thoroughly.Luckily there was no rust or any breaks.
Primer coat sprayed and putty applied wherever needed. After washing the surface again, surface coat sprayed and so on the paint.

All chroming was done locally.
New seat, spokes and new silencer was sourced from Coimbatore.

Pending works - Fixing headlight and stickers, does any one have stickers ?

Anyways......here are the photo's
Attached Images
            

Last edited by girishpv : 31st May 2010 at 20:04.
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 22:45   #164
BHPian
 
powertwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 444
Thanked: 152 Times
Smile Rare Breed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Finally I got some work done on my Suvega.

The nice satisfying thing is I painted this myself.......The Art of Painting.

To explain it in short......

All parts stripped down and cleaned using CAT brand paint remover and washed thoroughly.Luckily there was no rust or any breaks.
Primer coat sprayed and putty applied wherever needed. After washing the surface again, surface coat sprayed and so on the paint.

All chroming was done locally.
New seat, spokes and new silencer was sourced from Coimbatore.

Pending works - Fixing headlight and stickers, does any one have stickers ?

Anyways......here are the photo's
Dear Gpv,
really amazing!!
Nice work in there!!
If you would have re-painted with the same Emerald green( 'coz Only few Box Suvegas where sold, that to with only one color scheme - Emerald green), it would have been great idea!! any way past is past...keep it up !!
BTW, how come you find time to do all this, during short stay in India?? (90 % of time you spend in sourcing parts , bikes & stuff)
Can you do a paint job for my Bantam,if you don't mind????

ps: My humble request to all : For Heaven sake don't go for Paint removers, that to for TINY machines like Mopeds, with intricate shapes & profiles..I swear there is no Foolproof method to remove all the Paint remover from the parts, so there are plenty of chances ,for PR to get trapped in between edges of the parts.
powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 23:06   #165
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IXE
Posts: 575
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

MKK,

Sure, will do your Bantam.......but you may have to wait atleast 2 years, I got enough work till then.....hehee........

I was so busy this time, that even I did not speak properly with some of TBHPians too....sorry guys....

I was thinking of same green color, but for some reason I wanted bright color.....no worries after 2/3 years, will change back to green.

Any chance for stickers ?

regards
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts catalog for Suvega, Innocenti and Enfield Prince alok_balsekar Motorbikes 11 16th December 2012 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks