Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 5th December 2016, 14:16   #316
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Topslip - Valparai - Athirapally Travel Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Please suggest a stay option for 26th Night. Which is better, Topslip or Parambikulam tiger reserve?
- Also suggest what to see.
Access to Parambikulam is via Top Slip. At Top Slip, the Tamil Nadu forest department has stay options, do look them up. Further ahead on the Kerala side you have Parambikulam. I do not have an idea about accommodation options at Top Slip. The cottages inside Parambikulam are eco friendly and closer to nature with barebone amenities, I think these will be much more scenic as they are closer to water bodies.
If you don't find accommodation at Top Slip and or Parambikulam you can consider staying at Pollachi.
We stayed at Pollachi and did a day trip to Parambikulam. Details in my travelogue here (Dizzy Drive® - Dash to Palakkad & back to Bangalore via Pollachi, Udumalaipet and Parambikulam)

On things to do/places to see - you can take Safari rides at Top Slip and Parambikulam. Top slip also has Elephant rides.

Last edited by NPV : 5th December 2016 at 14:20.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 21:13   #317
BHPian

Default re: Valparai - Stay and other info

I am planning a family trip to Valparai on 28/12/16 from Calicut. Since i had finalised the place two days somehow i managed to get Sirukundra Bunglaw for a one night stay. Any info about the route to Valparai via Athriapally and stay would be helpful.
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 13:15   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I am planning a family trip to Valparai on 28/12/16 from Calicut. Since i had finalised the place two days somehow i managed to get Sirukundra Bunglaw for a one night stay. Any info about the route to Valparai via Athriapally and stay would be helpful.
I'd suggest you go via Palakkad, Pollachi and return via Athirappilly. The 40 hp bends on Pollachi - Valparai road is a pleasure to drive. The Valparai - Chalakudi road is also in good shape, except a few kms near the border at Malakkapara (I travelled one year back, may be it is good now!)

Try Waterfall Estate Bungalows (they are some 12 kms before Valparai when coming from Pollachi, but higher in altitude than Valparai and their Indraprastha Bungalow is very good). Or Misty Creek in Valparai town itself.
JohnnyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 14:04   #319
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Any info about the route to Valparai via Athriapally and stay would be helpful.
Assuming you're starting from Kozhikode, take the route via the Calicut university-Kottakkal-Kunnamkulam bypass (go via Kecheri-Pannithadam road)-Trichur bypass (Amala institutions & Sobha City road)-Chalakudy-Athirapally-Malakkapara-Valparai.

Stay options - not too many hotels, best is to stay at any of the estate bungalows like Sinnadorai, Waterfall, etc.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 19:33   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
The Valparai - Chalakudi road is also in good shape, except a few kms near the border at Malakkapara (I travelled one year back, may be it is good now!)
No change in road condition. Just back from Athirapally-Valparai trip.
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote