Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 21:22   #286
BHPian

re: Valparai - Stay and other info

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
One quick question - from Avinashi once i continue towards Coimbatore - is the by pass to Pollachi marked? Any pointers on how to know when to take off the road to CBE. Starting tomorrow 5:00 hours
There is a flyover under construction at the point where one diverts to Coimbatore. Plus I remember seeing sign boards also.

If your target is the Pollachi bye pass, take the road to the left.

Last edited by batterylow : 13th January 2016 at 21:24. Reason: Additional data
Old 13th January 2016, 21:24   #287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One quick question - from Avinashi once i continue towards Coimbatore - is the by pass to Pollachi marked? Any pointers on how to know when to take off the road to CBE. Starting tomorrow 5:00 hours
Your question prompted me check Google. And I thought of this simple solution! See if it works for you.

- If you browse Google maps, and see the NH47/NH209 crossing you can see its a cross road and not a flyover.
- Move to satellite mode, you will see many folks have attached photos of that cross-road.
- In one of them I can see board being marked. So for sure you will see the marking for Pollachi (My guess)
- Secondly, on that cross road you should see Karpagam university buildings. So thats one more pointer for you.

Here are a couple of snaps which are available on the Google maps at that location in satellite mode

Valparai - Stay and other info-nh47_nh209_1.jpg

Valparai - Stay and other info-nh47_nh209_2.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 13th January 2016 at 21:33.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 21:29   #288
BHPian

Thanks a lot @ampere. I will use this feature from now on.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:35   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot @ampere. I will use this feature from now on.
You have to take a left after Karpagam University.
Old 14th January 2016, 12:01   #290
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You really have 2 options - either taking the Mangalam-Palladam-Pollachi route from Avinashi bypass on NH 47 (SH 166 per gmaps) OR
proceed further towards coimbatore, get on to L&T Coimbatore bypass and turn left after Karpagam university as shown in earlier posts/images.
Old 9th February 2016, 16:48   #291
BANNED

Bangalore To Annamalai best root

Hi Guys

I am planning a trip to Annamalai wildlife Sanctuary next month. I will be driving from Bangalore with my family. Please advise the best root to take. Also I request please suggest a good plave to stay in the sanctuary. We are mainly going there to see some wildlife. Appreciate your help guys.
Old 9th February 2016, 17:19   #292
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore To Annamalai best root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Skelter View Post
Hi Guys

I am planning a trip to Annamalai wildlife Sanctuary next month. I will be driving from Bangalore with my family. Please advise the best root to take. Also I request please suggest a good plave to stay in the sanctuary. We are mainly going there to see some wildlife. Appreciate your help guys.
Moved your post here. Its the same route till Pollachi. You can go through the posts and get your answers.

Last edited by ampere : 9th February 2016 at 19:02.
Old 9th February 2016, 18:25   #293
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore To Annamalai best root

Quote:
Get to Pollachi and then take the route towards Sethumadai and Parambikulam. Just outside Pollachi town is Anamalai town. On my recent trip to Parambikulam we went on this route and proceeded via Sethumadai and nearby I saw few "Resorts" that were really farmhouses/home stays. I think the TN forest department has cottages once you cross Sethumadai check post.
If you're going that far, I'd suggest you go a little more say 3-5 kilometers to the Kerala side at Parambikulam reserve and you have their cottages as options as well.
* see earlier posts on this page for Bangalore-Pollachi route options.

Last edited by NPV : 9th February 2016 at 18:26.
Old 9th February 2016, 18:32   #294
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Moved your post here. Its the same route till Pollachi. You can go through the posts and get your answers.
Thanks AMP. will follow Pollachi route as mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Get to Pollachi and then take the route towards Sethumadai and Parambikulam. Just outside Pollachi town is Anamalai town. On my recent trip to Parambikulam we went on this route and proceeded via Sethumadai and nearby I saw few "Resorts" that were really farmhouses/home stays. I think the TN forest department has cottages once you cross Sethumadai check post.
If you're going that far, I'd suggest you go a little more say 3-5 kilometers to the Kerala side at Parambikulam reserve and you have their cottages as options as well.
* see earlier posts on this page for Bangalore-Pollachi route options.
Hi NPV

Thanks for the info. Will follow the route to Pollachi and take Sethumadai & Parambikulam as mentioned by you. Would love to stay in the sanctuary. Hopefully will find a good place.

Last edited by ampere : 9th February 2016 at 19:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 10th February 2016, 06:24   #295
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would love to stay in the sanctuary. Hopefully will find a good place.
Look up the Parambikulam website (kerala forest department), alternately the TN forest department website for accommodation option inside the sanctuary. These would be the best options I think.
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:50   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please note, getting past Pollachi onto to Valparai road is a tricky affair. Check Posts#248 onwards for this. Just note, you will come into Pollachi via 209.

Also note Avinashi-Mangalam-Palladam-Pollachi is a good option. But if you now get 4-lane till CBE bypass, then why not take it instead of this. Hence I suggested Nh47/NH209 option.
Quote:
Thats not the route.

You arrive here:

Here (At the end of the route that I have marked).

From that point you move to start of this location I mention here

Between the two points you cannot see the route in regular mode, but only can see in satellite mode.
I will be driving to Valparai this Friday. Planning to start at 5:00 AM and want to reach there for lunch. From the recent posts,

Coimbatore Bypass- Pollachi - Valparai seems to be the best option but I want to try other routes as I take this route frequently.

Which is better?

Perundurai - Palladam - Pollachi? Should I deviate after Annalakshmi Hotel?

or

Perundurai- Avinashi - Palladam - Pollachi?

Is the Coimbatore route is significantly faster than the others?

Also, how is the Omalur - Sankari route now? Want to take it to avoid Salem on a working day and the rush at Sankari toll booth.

Will google map help me navigate Pollachi? I taken the Pollachi route only once and it was very confusing.

thanks in advance.
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:15   #297
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I will be driving to Valparai this Friday. Planning to start at 5:00 AM and want to reach there for lunch. From the recent posts
Coimbatore bypass route may be the fastest option now that 4 laning is complete. Get on to L&T bypass and turn left at second signal (Karpagam college).
Next option I would suggest is the Avinashi bypass-Mangalam (via Vanjipalayam Railway overbridge). Issue may be to find the turn off from Avinashi bypass since all flyovers are complete so you need to get on to service road. This turn off is just after one of the turn off's to Tiruppur.

Both above routes will take you to Pollachi (and meet perpendicular to each other near the bus stand/"New Scheme Road"). Navigating Pollachi may be an issue so better to ask there, not sure how good Google maps navigation is for this stretch. Look up other posts where @ampere has given route links with a turn off near a water tank for the Valparai road. I'm now quite familiar with Pollachi but still find it difficult to explain without the map

Last edited by NPV : 22nd February 2016 at 11:19.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:35   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which is better?
Perundurai- Avinashi - Palladam - Pollachi?
Try the Avinashi-Mangalam-Palladam-Pollachi route. Its nice.

Quote:
Is the Coimbatore route is significantly faster than the others?
Similiar timings I think. But ideally Coimbattore route should be faster by virtue of 4-lane.

Quote:
Also, how is the Omalur - Sankari route now? Want to take it to avoid Salem on a working day and the rush at Sankari toll booth.
If you want to enjoy the SH, by all means. Else, I would prefer Salem.

Quote:
Will google map help me navigate Pollachi? I taken the Pollachi route only once and it was very confusing.
It is confusing indeed.

The following is the route to get on to Aliyar road:
link

Legend:
- 1 : Start Point
- 2-3-4: Via points
- 5 : End point.

So if you see the link the route between 4 to 5 does not exist. See in the satellite mode and you get correct route.

See Posts #248 and #250 of this thread

Last edited by ampere : 22nd February 2016 at 11:36.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:11   #299
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will be driving to Valparai this Friday.
Just to add to my earlier response, I prefer taking the Mangalam route since it sees lot lesser traffic than Coimbatore bypass-Pollachi route (and I try to avoid L&T bypass unless going to Palakkad). Also this route will take you to Pollachi closer to the Aliyar/Valparai road whereas Coimbatore route will get you bang in front of the bus stand and can be confusing with lots of junctions.
For Avinashi bypass-Mangalam-Pollachi you can refer this post for guidance (hope it helps).
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3576610
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:26   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try the Avinashi-Mangalam-Palladam-Pollachi route. Its nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Just to add to my earlier response, I prefer taking the Mangalam route since it sees lot lesser traffic than Coimbatore bypass-Pollachi route (and I try to avoid L&T bypass unless going to Palakkad). Also this route will take you to Pollachi closer to the Aliyar/Valparai road whereas Coimbatore route will get you bang in front of the bus stand and can be confusing with lots of junctions.
thanks for your inputs. I will take the Avinashi - Mangalam - Palladam -Pollachi route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks