Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win FIFA World Cup 2010?
Algeria 0 0%
Argentina 73 31.20%
Australia 1 0.43%
Brazil 24 10.26%
Cameroon 0 0%
Chile 0 0%
Côte d'Ivoire 2 0.85%
Denmark 0 0%
England 4 1.71%
France 1 0.43%
Germany 58 24.79%
Ghana 0 0%
Greece 0 0%
Honduras 0 0%
Italy 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
Korea North 1 0.43%
Korea South 0 0%
Mexico 1 0.43%
Netherlands 20 8.55%
New Zealand 0 0%
Nigeria 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Portugal 3 1.28%
Serbia 1 0.43%
Slovakia 0 0%
Slovenia 1 0.43%
South Africa 0 0%
Spain 41 17.52%
Switzerland 0 0%
United States 0 0%
Uruguay 3 1.28%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 10:25   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Even if Portugal have lost this they would've gone thru due to goal difference. They scored 7 goals and none against them. So I don't think they would've missed the bus even if they had lost. Anyway, the game was not very exciting.
Spain is through after some tense moments against Chile. Chile defense seems to be their weak point.
On contrary, if Brazil had taken good effort, god knows they might have scored 4 or 5 goals.. then what would have happened.

Point is Brazil played a laid back mode, as they got to loose nothing, they will surely pay for it. Someday.
Old 26th June 2010, 18:58   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
On contrary, if Brazil had taken good effort, god knows they might have scored 4 or 5 goals.. then what would have happened.

Point is Brazil played a laid back mode, as they got to loose nothing, they will surely pay for it. Someday.
If and buts anyway doesn't matter now, but just for the sake of arguments, Brazil scoring 4-5 goals against Portugal will be a too tough job to complete even with their best 11 playing with their full strength. Max 2 goals they would've scored and probably would've conceded a goal while trying to do so. Don't get me wrong, I support Brazil any day against Portugal but I also know beating Portugal by 4-5 goals is impossible for the current Team.
Old 27th June 2010, 02:45   #138
Senior - BHPian

USA lost! They never seemed interested except for probably the last 2 minutes of extra time. Kudos to Ghana for showing passion through out.
Old 27th June 2010, 21:27   #139
BHPian

A pack of Lions have been massacred in South Africa. Three German hunters - Miroslave Klose, Lukas Podolski & Thomas Muller fired those deadly shots which decimated the so called "Lions" in Sheep's clothing in Bloemfontein.

And I had predicted it a few days back
Old 27th June 2010, 22:30   #140
Senior - BHPian

England's defence was pathetic to say the least!
My School's team use to defend a lot better than them...

On top of that, Lampard missed some luck today.
Old 28th June 2010, 02:19   #141
BHPian

The Argentines are on a roll

Tevez was deadly and Higuain has once again skillfully pounced on the freebies on offer.

Mexico played well but the lacked the finishing touch.

Now Germany has to watch out for Messi, He is yet to hit the top gear.
Old 28th June 2010, 02:22   #142
Senior - BHPian

German Panzers demolished English defense today. They were awesome today. I'm worried for Argentina for the QF. Argentina won but was not that convincing except the Tavez's 2nd goal, that was smashing shot into the net. Absolutely brilliant. Anyway they need to up the ante if they want to win against Germany and I hope they'll and demolish the Germans
Old 28th June 2010, 05:36   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
What I observed about this World Cup is that the quality of game and players, they have come down a lot. There are few quality goals, they are blaming on the ball but its just utter rubbish. Pele, Platini, Baggio, batistuta and those whole lot did do magic with balls that were made with primitive technology.

Maybe players are now more commercialized. I feel it does not matter if their team/country wins or loose, they are paid well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post

I feel that a lot of them are not giving it their all for the country. They are happy to get fat pay checks for turning out in their club colors. FIFA should ensure that all club Football is stopped at least 45 days before this premier event so that the players can get adequate rest and the Coaches get enough time to work on the tactics and get the players to gel as a team.
Isn't this very similar for every major global sport which has huge money involved ? Ultimately everything is going to turn the WWE way IMO.
I mean the USA and Ghana match. Whaaaaaaat !!!? I was pulled from my bed to hit the huge downtown screens to see an uninspired wanting to go home to girlfriends team. What a waste of time.
Old 28th June 2010, 09:45   #144
BANNED

Excellent games yesterday. But both stand out for some sub-standard refreeing.
The Germans were just better than English except for poor Lampard and the Argentinians are rocking but the first goal, I mean even a half blind person can see he was offside
Old 28th June 2010, 09:56   #145
Senior - BHPian

The first goal changed the complexion of the Argentina - Mexico game, till then Mexico were doing a decent job of matching Argentina and were creating trouble for Argentina with their speed of play.
Old 28th June 2010, 10:42   #146
Senior - BHPian

Few millions' worth garbage is put to rest by Germans. I was hoping that it would prevent Global warming as loads of newsprint, hence rain forest, would be saved.

Then, some sloppy linesman ensures that we are heading for Ice age much quicker.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:16   #147
BANNED

GERMANY!!! GERMANY!!!

Sorry Argentina, next time take Messi for a haircut.

YAY, Bring it on.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:21   #148
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the way top players are playing in this world cup, It seems very familiar with IPL and Indian cricketers. Too much money is spoiling sports.

Go Argentina...
Old 28th June 2010, 12:36   #149
Team-BHP Support

Germany vs England was a highly entertaining match, both considering the number of goals, as well as the way Germany played. England were unlucky to have Lampard's goal disallowed, as well as unlucky to have his shot rocket off the cross bar. However, Germany played like champs, and Klose is surely a prowler.

Which are the matches lined up for today?
Old 28th June 2010, 12:44   #150
JVH
Senior - BHPian

England just couldn't figure out what hit them. They did recover well with their first goal but Germany outclassed and outplayed them in every department. Their counter-attacks were the best I have seen in this tournament so far.

One special note - I have never liked John Terry but I respected his defence skills and he was one of the instrumental players in building Chelsea. But what a shambolic performance yesterday - giving away the ball cheaply, out of position, and no sync up with the defence.

BTW where was the English defence yesterday?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks