Dams 4 10.26%
Coffee point 2 5.13%
Anything is OK 23 58.97%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 10:55   #166
BHPian

Just bumped on the thread guys - count me in! I am committing for myself - will need to speak to my wife and confirm about her.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:58   #167
Senior - BHPian

The initial plan was to have breakfast in farm. But its too late. So its dropped.

It should be fun having lunch in group (I am not sure for the mom's with small kids ) on a open land, open roof etc. So, we are planing to have lunch in Dhaba near Dodaballapur. But again, as rjstyles mentioned, it would be good to have a pre-planned buffet for X number of people in a resort or dhaba, whichever is comfortable.

Anyone knows such place near or around the photo session spot?

Akroy, any suggestions?

Hari will be back tomorrow from Tirupati and we can get his help to arrange/order if we can select a spot by then.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:14   #168
Senior - BHPian

I know of a place where another team organized a gettogether for a day. I dont know the location of the farm we are going to but here's a MAP of what I can suggest.

Ready for the next meet in Bangy?-zh_01-aug.-07-11.11.gif

Rest of the details in PM, you will have to negotiate for a lunch package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
The initial plan was to have breakfast in farm. But its too late. So its dropped.

It should be fun having lunch in group (I am not sure for the mom's with small kids ) on a open land, open roof etc. So, we are planing to have lunch in Dhaba near Dodaballapur. But again, as rjstyles mentioned, it would be good to have a pre-planned buffet for X number of people in a resort or dhaba, whichever is comfortable.

Anyone knows such place near or around the photo session spot?

Akroy, any suggestions?

Hari will be back tomorrow from Tirupati and we can get his help to arrange/order if we can select a spot by then.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:50   #169
Senior - BHPian

We had team meeting and lunch at Silver Oak few months back. I didnot like the food there plus it was choked with corporate people (4 companies sharing it at the same time).

Lets wait for Hari to return, I have already SMSed him to revert back once he is back. We can always book the number for a certain number of people even early morning of Saturday.

I still feel for lunch we should do it together and for that we should handover the money to Hari as soon as we reach the farm. We will decide on the exact amount once we discuss with hari.

Abhi
Old 7th August 2008, 12:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

I think its time to confirm the Head counts. We still had some members preferring Sunday as 1st pref, others ready for any. Since the meet is confirmed for Saturday, I want to confirm if these people will be still making it for the meet.
Ready for the next meet in Bangy?-teambhp.jpg

I am sure below can make it on Saturday too,

1. iceman91
2. Likeskywalker
3. dadu
4. amohit

Can I put you in the saturday list? Please confirm.
Old 7th August 2008, 12:09   #171
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a couple of suggestions, a little vague but it may be workable.

1) Can we ask Hari to arrange for some cooks to cook the food veg and non-veg at his farm?

OR

2) Arrange for some packed foods (packets) from city itself from some of the Darshinis and then take this to farm in our vehicles and then eat the same at farm. This may be cheaper. But we need to contact a good darshini to cook the hygenic food. The menu can be decided in due course.....
Old 7th August 2008, 12:29   #172
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure if I can join. some commitments at home.

However, here are a few suggestions for food:

- 9th Mile Dhaba at the Royal Orchid resort. Take the left fork at the Y near Yellahanka. Left turn approx 800mtrs after the Railway crossing. They have a buffet going on the weekends for lunch. and can do buffets for a group. The turnoff is not marked well. Ample parking and place for the kids to run about. Weekends they have a carnival for kids - face painting etc.,

- Ramanashree Dhaba on Doddaballapur Road.
- Silver Oak - AKRoy already mentioned this.
- Club Cabana on Bellary Road

Are last minute gate crashers allowed

cheers!
Srini
Old 7th August 2008, 12:29   #173
Senior - BHPian

Just had chat with Lukeskywalker aka Hari on phone. He is back to Tirupati town now after Darshan and will be starting soon for bangalore. He should be here by evening and can post by tonight.

Now Hari updated some more imp informations:
1) Gathering infront of Esteem Mall not allowed.
2) Gathering infront of service road of Swati Gardenia strictly not allowed.
3) Hence the meeting point now is service road opp. Shell pump (infront on GKVK college boundary wall).
4) Lunch @restaurant in Dodaballapur. Hari will personally go and book the menu and tables tomorrow. After that we will decide on the per head amount. We guess it should not be more than Rs 250 per head (final amount will be posted by tomorrow).
5) Although Hari wanted to sponsor breakfast, I adviced against it as it might delay luncheon timings. Also it was logistics hassle to carry/plan the breakfast in the farm. Instead we plan to keep some snacks there so that people keep munching something while talking about their rides, drives etc.

Meeting Point - Opp. Shell Pump (service road near GKVK Agriculture college)
Meeting Time - 8:30 PM
Agenda @ Meeting Point - Collection of money (I will be collecting it)

Further updates as Hari returns.

Meanwhile mjothi, Pls track the number of heads and cars.

Abhi
Old 7th August 2008, 12:31   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Guys, a couple of suggestions, a little vague but it may be workable.

1) Can we ask Hari to arrange for some cooks to cook the food veg and non-veg at his farm?

OR

2) Arrange for some packed foods (packets) from city itself from some of the Darshinis and then take this to farm in our vehicles and then eat the same at farm. This may be cheaper. But we need to contact a good darshini to cook the hygenic food. The menu can be decided in due course.....
1. Practically difficult to arrange the stove, gas and utensils etc
2. Best option is to get packed food. From where is the question We will not be in a position to have lunch in Farm, since we plan to leave by 12noon. The spot for photo session would be good, if we get packed food.

I think lemon rice, Puliogare, curd and variety rice of those type will do good justice to stomach and making parcel. Lets wait for Hari. May be tomorrow morning he would respond.
Old 7th August 2008, 12:36   #175
Senior - BHPian

There is hotel in Vijayanagar. They do these kind of catering services. But only problem is they will not pack these. They will just fill in drums and give it to us. But we need to inform them well in advance (maybe 2 days before and no of kgs required for rice items and for chapattis the numbers ).

Anyways, we will wait for Hari and then decide.
Old 7th August 2008, 12:53   #176
BHPian

Quote:

Can I put you in the saturday list? Please confirm.
Hi MJ,

I will be coming on saturday. Me and my wife. Have PMed you my mobile number.

Regards,
Old 7th August 2008, 13:05   #177
Senior - BHPian

Another option.

Hotel Aangan residency E-city provides good packaged food, I have had their packaged Non-veg continental and was pretty okay with it.

Its ready to eat, neatly packaged with the outer cover of a Cake box. Not too expensive too. Just open the box and start eating, need to arrange for the pick and water at the farm. This way we remain in the confines of the farm and enjoy the food too.

Someone staying near e-city can manage it also.

Quote:
12. Best option is to get packed food. From where is the question We will not be in a position to have lunch in Farm, since we plan to leave by 12noon. The spot for photo session would be good, if we get packed food.
Also I am not much familiar with that side of the town(so will be many), therefore when you finalize the assembling point accompany it with visible landmarks/ map/ directions.

MJ, I am okay with saturday (2 adults)

Last edited by dadu : 7th August 2008 at 13:08.
Old 7th August 2008, 13:47   #178
BHPian

Guys,

We need to make a decision on the lunch by tonight. I would prefer to bring my own lunch, if you guys are going to arrange for packed lunch. However, if we are going for a buffet or dhaba, I will gladly join in.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 7th August 2008, 13:54   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Guys,

We need to make a decision on the lunch by tonight. I would prefer to bring my own lunch, if you guys are going to arrange for packed lunch. However, if we are going for a buffet or dhaba, I will gladly join in.

Cheers,

Rajan
Patchy Sir, dont worry. There is no packed lunches. We will have lunch in dhaba.
Old 7th August 2008, 14:31   #180
Senior - BHPian

see next post, next page

Last edited by dadu : 7th August 2008 at 14:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks