Dams 4 10.26%
Coffee point 2 5.13%
Anything is OK 23 58.97%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 20:39   #151
Senior - BHPian

I think its a good idea to complete the breakfast before the meet. Because, it would be almost 9:30-10am when we reach the spot. So, not sure if it works for everyone to be without breakfast till that time.

Tentative Itenary
08:30 - 09:00 am Meet up @ Yelahanka (location to be informed)
09:00 - 10:00 am Drive down to the village (approx. )
10:00 - 10:30 am Hi-Hi session & General chit chat
10:30 - 11:00 am Checking out rides
11:00 - 12:00 pm Have a farm visit, some fun & games including the tractor session!!!
12:00 Drive to Dodaballapur for Ma Kaalidurga for Nice photo session
13:30pm Lunch @ dhaba (To be informed)
3:00pm Disperse post lunch

akroy, sure. We can meet up near the Shiva temple or the Bhuvaneswari Park @ 8:00am. I think we can also meet up with Jedi.Knight near Big Bazaar and proceed.

Jedi.Knight, is that fine?

P.S. Please be prepared just in case if it rains
Old 6th August 2008, 20:44   #152
BHPian

@mjothi - dudes i stay at koramangala - raheja residency - would it make sense if i joined ya'll at big bazaar on OMR or shell bunk, as I am quite familiar with that place.
BTW mjothi if you are arranging for food in advance you can reduce my headcount in your sheet to just me - as my 3 friends are not sure as of now
Old 6th August 2008, 20:44   #153
Senior - BHPian

Guys my 2 cents

1 - Meet at a place which is familiar with everybody.

My suggestion would be to meet up like it happened the last time for the Nandi hills drive , bang opp Esteem Mall near the Hebbal fly-over. Highly unlikely that someone can get lost with this as the starting point.
The service lane is big enough to accommodate umpteen cars. You wouldnt be in anyways obstructing traffic on the BIAL road.

2 - With 50 + peeps attending the meet, walking into a dhaba and expecting food to be served on time will be the biggest blunder.

Make sure you guys keep the dhaba chaps informed well in advance coz arranging food for 50+ people with taste buds ranging across the Indian sub-continent in a short span of time is quite a tedious task.

My take would be to try and speak to some resort guys and arrange for a buffet meal with a fixed price per head or so. Those of you who attended the Nandi Hills/Yelagiri meet has had 1st hand experience.
Old 6th August 2008, 20:58   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
@mjothi - dudes i stay at koramangala - raheja residency - would it make sense if i joined ya'll at big bazaar on OMR or shell bunk, as I am quite familiar with that place.
BTW mjothi if you are arranging for food in advance you can reduce my headcount in your sheet to just me - as my 3 friends are not sure as of now
Sure. We will keep you informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Guys my 2 cents

1 - Meet at a place which is familiar with everybody.

My suggestion would be to meet up like it happened the last time for the Nandi hills drive , bang opp Esteem Mall near the Hebbal fly-over. Highly unlikely that someone can get lost with this as the starting point.
The service lane is big enough to accommodate umpteen cars. You wouldnt be in anyways obstructing traffic on the BIAL road.

2 - With 50 + peeps attending the meet, walking into a dhaba and expecting food to be served on time will be the biggest blunder.

Make sure you guys keep the dhaba chaps informed well in advance coz arranging food for 50+ people with taste buds ranging across the Indian sub-continent in a short span of time is quite a tedious task.

My take would be to try and speak to some resort guys and arrange for a buffet meal with a fixed price per head or so. Those of you who attended the Nandi Hills/Yelagiri meet has had 1st hand experience.
Thanks for your valuable inputs. I agree with you about the buffet meal system. I will discuss with Hari to see if we could arrange in same fashion.
Old 6th August 2008, 21:07   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
akroy, sure. We can meet up near the Shiva temple or the Bhuvaneswari Park @ 8:00am. I think we can also meet up with Jedi.Knight near Big Bazaar and proceed.

Jedi.Knight, is that fine?
Sure. Just give me a call once your convoy leaves from Shiva temple (or Bhuvaneswari Park). Will meet up near Big Bazaar on OMR.
Old 6th August 2008, 21:24   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Alcohol Content - 5.5% v/v i.e. 1 bottle of beer, if its being arranged(not mandatory).
+1 here. I feel we need to arrange ourselves for this if required as nobody is interested/posted for this option yet.
Old 6th August 2008, 21:40   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
+1 here. I feel we need to arrange ourselves for this if required as nobody is interested/posted for this option yet.
I think not much takers. Good.

On a lighter note. Where are you planing to have the drink session? I am just visualizing guys sitting on the tractor with beer bottle in the middle of the farm.
Old 6th August 2008, 21:47   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
On a lighter note. Where are you planing to have the drink session? I am just visualizing guys sitting on the tractor with beer bottle in the middle of the farm.
Nope...A unique way on the top of a tree.Howz this for a change.
Old 6th August 2008, 22:03   #159
Senior - BHPian

Assembling in front of Esteem Mall or coming directly to Swati Gardenia hotel is good idea!

If you ask me we need not plan in group about breakfast and lunch, let individuals decide where to eat, People who know the area list out food places. Because for lunch we can even go back near our places and eat.

Meet is in Bangalore itself so every one in our group can plan their food so it would be less effort for organizers so they can enjoy other's rides

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th August 2008, 09:56   #160
Senior - BHPian

I think I will drop out(on alcohol part) for now since I got a very bad throat infection yesterday and on the verge of getting cold, beer doesnt help it et all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post

Last edited by dadu : 7th August 2008 at 09:57.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:15   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Meet is in Bangalore itself so every one in our group can plan their food so it would be less effort for organizers so they can enjoy other's rides
Ravi, you hit the nail on the head. I agree that for this short meet, the organizers should not get worried about food etc.

Folks can eat b-fast and come, carry it, or eat on the way and jpoin. Same for lunch.

Cheers,
Old 7th August 2008, 10:27   #162
Senior - BHPian

If we are breaking by 3:00 as posted by Jothi in the TI, I beg to disagree.

We should have common lunch atleast on the farm, if not BF.

Imagine ppl turning up by 10:00AM on the farm and then surviving only on water or sitting in one corner/ under the tree to finish their individual lunches and then back on the way.

It doesnt give a sense of a gettogether.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:37   #163
BHPian

yeah, i agree with dadu. Whats the fun(specially for our better halfs) if we dont have lunch togather.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:38   #164
Senior - BHPian

Damn I bumped on this thread now and thought of getting my car serviced on saturday. anyways will try to get it done tomorrow and will join you folks on saturday.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:41   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
If we are breaking by 3:00 as posted by Jothi in the TI, I beg to disagree.

We should have common lunch atleast on the farm, if not BF.
I see your point.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks