Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 16:54   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Wow... completely blown away by your experience. Tata going to this extreme to keep the customer happy! Very impressive. I think the days are not far when tata will no longer be bad mouthed for its customer service...Good job Tata!!! ...
Indica V2, Vista, Indigo CS and now Manza... Tatas are improvising day by day, in service too, and is sure to reign the Indian automotive industry. Who says 'Tatas can't Make Good Cars'? Happy days are here again, for the Tata brand.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:55   #317
BHPian

At least for the last 10 years of ownership of Vista, I have so far had to go to the service centre only for the periodical service and the experience there had always been good. Not sure about the future though!
Old 12th November 2009, 19:39   #318
BHPian

All of you might be aware of a thing that Tata motors removed dealership of Pratham Motors, Pune. One reason which I heard from my friend is because of lot of customer complaints about service quality.

Ohh.. Tata, looks like they are too aggressive in improving customer satisfaction.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:41   #319
BHPian

Sorry, cant edit. Please read months in place of years in my post below.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:14   #320

initial problebs

I have puchased Vista Quadrajet Aura on 19.10.09.
Some of the issues noticed till now are -
1. Mechanical central locking not working since yesterday. (when i lock driver's door manually from inside, all doors do not lock unless i give a BANG.)
2. Fuel Gauge - When the poiter was at one division (mark) less to full, i could fill 11.5 ltrs of fuel. (i expected it to hold 5-8 ltrs. as fuel tank capacity is 40 ltrs (i could fill 40 ltrs initially)hence each mark in the fuel gauge is worth 5 ltrs.)
3. Engine noise and Horn noise is heard in the speakers during FM reception.
4. Fuel efficiency-
Car has returned 14 kmpl during first 160 km city running (50% AC)

Any experinces regarding these issues ?
Old 13th November 2009, 12:47   #321
BHPian

Whenever my Vista goes through pot holes, the noise seems to be getting louder from the front. I showed the same to the service guys & they dont feel anything is wrong with the front suspension.
Also whilst going over the road stripes on flyovers on the western express highway, the noise is really loud. I have driven my Tavera on the same patch and the noise is really faint. When I showed this to the workshop guys they said that the noise would decrease if I change my tyres & maybe even the rims. As usual I just dont have the heart to believe them. Any suggestion please. Greenhorn, pl reply...
Old 13th November 2009, 12:52   #322
Senior - BHPian

no idea mate. not much experience with vistas
Old 13th November 2009, 12:58   #323
BHPian

Greenhorn - I dont think this problem can be limited to Vista alone. It can be with the older Indica also. Can you help me to determine how good or bad the front shock absorbers are?
Bouncer - Dude are U facing the same prob in your car?
Old 13th November 2009, 14:22   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Whenever my Vista goes through pot holes, the noise seems to be getting louder from the front. I showed the same to the service guys & they dont feel anything is wrong with the front suspension.
|
|
Any suggestion please. Greenhorn, pl reply...
Maverick,
If its the khush Khush sound from the front shocks, i had a similar problem. The TASS changed the shock absorbers bushings and this solved the issue. This was covered under warranty.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:06   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysys View Post
I have puchased Vista Quadrajet Aura on 19.10.09.
Some of the issues noticed till now are -
1. Mechanical central locking ...
2. Fuel Gauge ...
3. Engine noise and Horn noise is heard in the speakers during FM reception.
4. Fuel efficiency-
Car has returned 14 kmpl during first 160 km city running (50% AC)

Any experinces regarding these issues ?
Mine was purchased on 28.09.2009.
1. No problem yet.
2. No problem in this regard too.
3. Yes, horn noise is reciprocated in FM reception.
4. FE returned was 14.5 kmpl (85% AC) for first 500 km.
Thereafter it rose to 20.0 kmpl during next 500 km.
Dropped again to 18.5 kmpl during 1000 to 2000 km. May be the
driving conditions differed as the roads were very bad.
5. Left hand side front door handle that houses the locking assembly
came off as I pulled the door to close. But was fixed at the time of first service.
6. The alignment of nozzles was done by the service staff on realizing that the jets are not targetted at the right point on windshield. Rear glass washer jet was not working. They were about to replace the entire pipeline, but I requested them to wait till the next service, as the delivery was getting late.
Nice service rendered.
Old 26th November 2009, 23:22   #326
Senior - BHPian

Mileage issue?

Hi friends,
I own a Indica Vista Quadrajet purchased in Aug 2009, my car has done 21000kms(nearly), and the issues i am facing now are:
1). Whenever i hit a pothole or speed-breaker at speeds of 40-50kmph(and more) i hear a strange sound coming from front of car.itz like some part of the car is touching the speedbreaker(i guess).
2)After my 3rd service, i have started facing mileage issue. In past it used to give me 20-23Kmpl, but now it is only giving 17-19kmpl.When i asked TASC about the issue they just said that the car is fully electronic and there is nothing they can do to set/increase the mileage.

any type of help from Bhpian's is greatly appreciated.
thanks.
Old 27th November 2009, 14:00   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysys View Post
2. Fuel Gauge - When the poiter was at one division (mark) less to full, i could fill 11.5 ltrs of fuel. (i expected it to hold 5-8 ltrs. as fuel tank capacity is 40 ltrs (i could fill 40 ltrs initially)hence each mark in the fuel gauge is worth 5 ltrs.)
@hysys, I've noticed the same too. The fuel gauge in Vista is definitely not calibrated to vary linearly with the fuel. After a full tank it drops slowly till the half mark but it comes down rapidly once below the half mark.
Old 27th November 2009, 14:30   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod-the-pc View Post
@hysys, I've noticed the same too. The fuel gauge in Vista is definitely not calibrated to vary linearly with the fuel. After a full tank it drops slowly till the half mark but it comes down rapidly once below the half mark.
But, it works charm for me.

any suggetions on my previous post listed problems.
Old 28th November 2009, 11:36   #329
BHPian

@hysys

My fuel gauge also has problems. It never shows the correct reading. And i have noticed another thing. When I park the car at some place where the left wheels stay higher than the right wheels (ie; inclination to the left side), then the gauge over reads severely the next time i start the car.

@mercedised

My car has run only 5K kms. But FYI, it has never given me more than 18kmpl since I bought it. I still believe it would increase once the odo reading goes up. Am i wrong ?
Old 28th November 2009, 12:11   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
@hysys

My fuel gauge also has problems. It never shows the correct reading. And i have noticed another thing. When I park the car at some place where the left wheels stay higher than the right wheels (ie; inclination to the left side), then the gauge over reads severely the next time i start the car.

@mercedised

My car has run only 5K kms. But FYI, it has never given me more than 18kmpl since I bought it. I still believe it would increase once the odo reading goes up. Am i wrong ?
Only 5000kms, I think mileage should increase/decrease depending upon the driving style.But, i drive my car very sanely never take it above 80Kmph,but still it is not extracting 18+mileage which it used to before its service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks