Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:04   #346
Senior - BHPian

One Problem occured in my Vista quadrajet
"When i cross speed breakers at 40+speeds i hear a strage kind of Scrapping noise"
"Wheni am travelling at say 60kmph and if i suddenly brake hard to bring the car to stop instantaneously then after the car stops there is a sort of Ghhuchhhh noise from from front suspension which comes when the front suspension rebounds after hard braking."
Help from Bhpians is needed
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:29   #347
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Thanks for the quick response. It would be the fuel filter that he was mentioning. The problem is that I am not able to find the Service Manual anywhere.
The fuel filter need not be changed this early in the car's life. I go by the book as far as services are concerned.

But if you feel that you want an oil change now, you can ask for it tob edone. Anyway the consumables are charged even for a free service.

Any kind Vista owner could scan and post the relevant pages in the service booklet as to what all should be done in each service.

Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:35   #348
BHPian

@mercedised

I had problems with my mud flap scrapping the tyres when going over speed breakers. Check if it is the same.

The "Ghhuchhhh" sound seems to be a common problem now. I have it too. But now it is a feeble sound. Am waiting for it to get more prominent so that i can get it fixed. I remember reading in some thread that someone already got it fixed by changing some bushes. I am not sure though.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:49   #349
BHPian

I am sorry for the consecutive posts. But my first post is still pending for approval. So cant edit that. So a new one now.

@trrk I am planning to do the oil change in a local garage that i trust so that i can use the brand of my choice. And about the Service Manual, I will try to find it out by myself before i actually ask somebody to take the pain of scanning and uploading them. Afterall, it was my mistake.
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:38   #350
BHPian

My second service bill dated 05-08-2009 shows the amount as zero. But they had replaced things like front left suspension strut under warranty. One door beading was to be changed but it was not available with them and they had ordered it. So far didn't get time to enquire about it and will get it done during third service since I don't have any other problem. So far have not visited them other than for routine service. (sorry, went there once for fitting horns and next time for cleaning fuel system when the pump attendant filled some petrol for the QJD) Had got oil and filter changed at 2000kms. Bill was for Rs.1541/-. Interestingly they charged for 3.7 litres of Castrol GTX D but fortunately they didn't overfill it. So ensure that the oil level is not above the maximum marking.

Last edited by janitha : 3rd December 2009 at 13:40.
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:59   #351
Senior - BHPian

hi,

Quote:
@trrk I am planning to do the oil change in a local garage that i trust so that i can use the brand of my choice.
Do you really want to do that? Take the car to a local garage? How would you change the oil filter?

Quote:
And about the Service Manual, I will try to find it out by myself before i actually ask somebody to take the pain of scanning and uploading them. Afterall, it was my mistake.
Sure, you search and find it. A scanned copy is going to help all even the Non Vista users like me to take a look.

@janitha:

The Vista QJD is the only vehicle with that engine using 3.7 litres of oil. The others are only a maximum of 3.2 litre and the Swift has problems beyond 2.9 litres. Please keep a tight watch on the oil level after a fresh fill / top up.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:32   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
@janitha:

The Vista QJD is the only vehicle with that engine using 3.7 litres of oil. The others are only a maximum of 3.2 litre and the Swift has problems beyond 2.9 litres. Please keep a tight watch on the oil level after a fresh fill / top up.
Definitely. But top up? Even my older vehicles rarely needed top up!
Old 4th December 2009, 10:25   #353
BHPian

@trrk.

Will that be a problem if i take it to a local garage for oil change ? Not thinking of a filter change right now.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:53   #354
Senior - BHPian

ideally, you change the oil filter along with the engine oil.
and if the garage screws something up, and a TASC finds it out the next time, you may be denied warranty.
Also, you need to do the mandated oil changes at a TASC anyway ( at the specified time/mileage) any local oil changes will have to be in addition to the mandated ones, else your warranty will again be voided

Last edited by greenhorn : 4th December 2009 at 10:55.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:03   #355
BHPian

Then I am not going to touch it now. Thank you all for guiding me in the right direction.

@greenhorn. Your signature is cool.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:24   #356
Senior - BHPian

dieseladdikt, you can still make it work. My indica TDI needs oil changes every 1000k, But i change it every 5,000k anyway. so you could do the official 10,000k changes at the TASC, and do the unofficial change in between every 5k. At least that way you know
Old 4th December 2009, 12:41   #357
BHPian

But as you pointed out, what if something goes wrong somewhere ? Warranty ?
Old 4th December 2009, 15:23   #358
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Definitely. But top up? Even my older vehicles rarely needed top up!
I frequently come across references to top ups in other oil change services, last being somebody being given back what is left out of the 1 litre Selenia bottle / can that was opened for top up.

I have not had to add a drop of oil extra in any of my vehicles for atleast 15 or more years.

Quote:
@trrk.
Will that be a problem if i take it to a local garage for oil change ? Not thinking of a filter change right now.
greenhorn has given all the possible things that you can do. But an oil change without filter change is definitely considered not correct, except for Honda Citys where it is the rule - chnage oil every 5000kms, change oil filter every 10000kms.

No wonder the hydro carbon reserves are dwindling rapidly!

Keep a check on the oil level and quality yourself and decide when to change oil. Follow at least what the manufacturer says. Please remember that the changes are specified as so many kilometres or so many months whichever is EARLIER.

Warranty is important. Try not to lose it.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:19   #359
BHPian

Hmmmm. I got the point. Sticking to Service Manual for the time being.

BTW, I managed to get one Service Manual from my friend.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:35   #360
BHPian

I happen to notice sound when ever the vehicle suspension rebounds. It is not really sound out of suspension. it sounds as if something is hitting. i have noticed it from the front left suspension rebounding. it happens only if the individual suspension rebounds. If the car is going over a speed braker, no sound at all (if both the tires are at same height). if the car is going in a bumpy road (even with very less pot holes), the sound comes out from FRHS suspension. i took the car to concorde motors and they dont seem to bother.
even if the car is swinging on road while moving at decent speeds, i have noticed "thad thad" sound.

Query reg - Indica VIsta QJT Aura (oct 2009)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks