Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 11:24   #1096
BHPian

Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Could you guys confirm whether there is any ECU fix for this ?any other thoughts ?
Are you facing issues with the AC? if not then why fix something that isn't broken ?? If you are then a regular A/C cleaning is where you can start, costs about Rs150, TASS also offers chemical cleaning which is about Rs450/- I've done the later and found it pretty good. The car feels fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The service advisor tod that for QJD s the tyre wear is more the max life is 40,000 kms is that correct ?
Do you feel wobbling, reduced braking distance? in that case even within 30K you might need to change. I've covered 55K on stock and don't feel the need, but I'm a sedate driver.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:34   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Are you facing issues with the AC? if not then why fix something that isn't broken ?? If you are then a regular A/C cleaning is where you can start, costs about Rs150, TASS also offers chemical cleaning which is about Rs450/- I've done the later and found it pretty good. The car feels fresh.
Kartik
Yes. The effect of the ac is poor. My i10 ac is far more quicker. Hence wondering whether its just a case of gas pressure or whether there is any ecu upgrade ? But the car has just done 25k hence was not sure whether gas would have leaked so fast
Old 8th January 2013, 11:49   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Kartik
Yes. The effect of the ac is poor. My i10 ac is far more quicker
i10 is also much smaller than the Vista and that might aid the better AC performance/feel, my only submission is first check for any blocked/clogged vents, ask TASS to use the thermometer to check exact temperature, before/after parking in the sun and if you genuinely feel there is a problem then go for a gas fill. The ECU does control the cut-off etc.. but first check for any error codes if it is showing something. All this needs to be done at TASS and since its more of a diagnosis, the overloaded TASS might just give you lots of funny reasons why the AC is actually working/perfect/etc...
Old 8th January 2013, 11:52   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post

Do you feel wobbling, reduced braking distance? in that case even within 30K you might need to change. I've covered 55K on stock and don't feel the need, but I'm a sedate driver.
I had some wobbling and side pulling issues till 10,000 kms which was rectified eventually.

I usually take my vista on drives to my native and back work on week ends which is approximately 800 kilometers up and down, in which 300 kms will be non stop drive on highway with 4 adults @ night. Guess those non stop drives are eating up more thread.

Also about the lights, since its a dual barrel headlight my electrician advised me not to change the bulb to Philips (more powered SINGE bulb with dim/bright mechanism) with ceramic holders as for trucks.

Have any one tried a pair or Hellas/LF/Bosch running lights on vista ? I am not interested in HID
Old 8th January 2013, 15:36   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
I had some wobbling and side pulling issues till 10,000 kms which was rectified eventually.

I usually take my vista on drives to my native and back work on week ends which is approximately 800 kilometers up and down, in which 300 kms will be non stop drive on highway with 4 adults @ night. Guess those non stop drives are eating up more thread.

Also about the lights, since its a dual barrel headlight my electrician advised me not to change the bulb to Philips (more powered SINGE bulb with dim/bright mechanism) with ceramic holders as for trucks.

Have any one tried a pair or Hellas/LF/Bosch running lights on vista ? I am not interested in HID
You can change the bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision, you can replace either the High or Low or both beams with them. Its H1 and H7 bulbs that are replaced. These are yellow light and hence no issues with cops. The bulbs are 55W and hence require no relay/cut out. My car was under Xtended warranty when I had done the replacement and had confirmed with the TASS that warranty would not be affected in any way since there would be no touching the original system.

The light has been good, but I had observed that they used to be a slight drain on my old battery. Its been more than a year now and no complaints.
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 19:47   #1101
BHPian

I am having a typical problem with the vista - everyday in the morning when i start, the check engine light comes up and the engine rpm goes up, and I can hear a whining sound, like the turbo kicking in. The rpm goes from the normal of 800-900 to about 1200-1400.

The check engine vanishes after 5 minutes drive and does not return for the whole day. The same repeats the next day morning again. Seems like a cold start is what is making this happen.
Took it to TASC and they say they cant get the error code unless the engine is light is on when they plug their computer. They say the error codes are not saved and can only be read instantaneously when it happens. Now the engine light comes up only in morning and am not able to replicate at their service center.
Can anyone throw some light on what the problem might be.
Old 9th January 2013, 13:12   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vista owners
I recall reading in one of the threads that the initial lot of Vistas came with a "weak a/c " and there is an ECU fix for this ? Is that correct ? Because my 2009 Dec Vista multi jet does have a weak a/c and when i checked with TASS, they mentioned there is no ECU fix and they need to check the gas pressure and if thats alright check for other issues. Could you guys confirm whether there is any ECU fix for this ?any other thoughts ?
narayan
There was an ECU firmware update for fixing up of weak AC performance in Sep '09. It was done directly under the supervision of TATA Motors executive. After the update there was some increase in cooling. Have look at this post. Since yours is DEC '09 manufactured Vista, ECU update may not be required. A clogged AC filter might be a reason for the weak AC performance. Ask the TASC guys to check and clean the AC filter. Just give a try, it's only a 10 mins work.

Quote:

The service advisor tod that for QJD s the tyre wear is more the max life is 40,000 kms is that correct ?

Fellow QJD (old/refresh/new) owners whats your tyre milage ?
foby.sebastian
For the first Vista, OE Goodyear GT3 was changed at 55000KMs with Apollo Acelere. Aceleres have done 51000KMs till now and probably they may do another 2000-3000KMs.

The second Vista still runs with OE GT3s at 34000 KMs and I feel two of them will do another 10000 KMs and the other two around 3000KMs. Since they are almost 4 years old, tyre noise has increased. Moreover, tyre rotation cannot be done, as wobbling starts once the placement is changed.
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 12:49   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

For the last couple of days i have seen that i need atleast 2 tries to crank up the engine. Being winter season it is a very cold start but then this has started happening only recently and did not experience this in December month.

So i wonder is this the Battery giving me signals? I am using the stock battery which i got 3.5 years back and i have done 71K Kms as of now.

Do i need to change the battery? Any other points that can be checked?
Old 11th January 2013, 13:07   #1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Folks,

For the last couple of days i have seen that i need atleast 2 tries to crank up the engine. Being winter season it is a very cold start but then this has started happening only recently and did not experience this in December month.

So i wonder is this the Battery giving me signals? I am using the stock battery which i got 3.5 years back and i have done 71K Kms as of now.

Do i need to change the battery? Any other points that can be checked?
Possibly yes.. I had changed my stock battery 4 months back and it was 2009. In my case, its not even cranking the engine one fine day.

You can also check the battery terminal voltage.. It should be above 12V under fully charged condition.. Anything below 12V means atleast one of the cells dying or weak.
asbalaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 17:10   #1105
BHPian

Quote:

I have replaced my high beam bulbs to Philips Essential vision 100w without any mods and its been working fine for the last 1 year and the difference in high beams is outstanding.Moreover the bulbs cost me only Rs.260/pair.

You need to change the relay etc... only if you want to upgrade both high and low beams.
Sam.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 14:43   #1106
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Arun.K;3011111 A clogged AC filter might be a reason for the weak AC performance. Ask the TASC guys to check and clean the AC filter. Just give a try, it's only a 10 mins work.
[/QUOTE]

Arun - can the ac filter cleaning be done DIY ? Is it accessible easily ? Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 13:25   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Arun - can the ac filter cleaning be done DIY ? Is it accessible easily ?
narayan, AC filter is located behind the glove box. It is easily accessible, but I doubt whether it can be removed at ease, as I haven’t tried yet. But TASC guys quickly do the cleaning.
Old 13th January 2013, 23:00   #1108

Quote:
Arun - can the ac filter cleaning be done DIY ? Is it accessible easily ? Thanks
Hello Narayan,
You can DIY..However bit of patience required.. These pictures will help to identify the area and how to remove/refix. Its below the glove box.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista - list of Known problems-20120226_095010.jpg  

Indica Vista - list of Known problems-20120226_094632.jpg  

Indica Vista - list of Known problems-20120226_094409.jpg  

Old 15th January 2013, 10:42   #1109
BHPian

Is anyone in this forum aware if the stepper motor (aka recirculation motor) which controls the fresh air input for the cabin is covered in Extended Warranty or not? TASC mentions that its not covered and the cost to fix the same is Rs. 1700.
Old 15th January 2013, 13:13   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Is anyone in this forum aware if the stepper motor (aka recirculation motor) which controls the fresh air input for the cabin is covered in Extended Warranty or not? TASC mentions that its not covered and the cost to fix the same is Rs. 1700.
You can check exact parts coverage in link below:

http://customercare.tatamotors.com/e...mustKnow.asp#6
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks