Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2011, 21:28   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
No problem mate, you are never too late. Hope you have a picture of the mosquito inside the assembly. if so do make sure you take it along to show them.
Explain to the sales rep that you travel a lot a hence did not have the time to come in and rectify the problem.
and during service, maybe your father or you brought it in, and forgot the issue being so busy with your hectic schedule.

But yes if you had pointed it out to them much earlier it would have been better and easier to deal with.
Thanks for the ideas bro, except that those reasons are actually true And I don't have a photo of the mosquito inside the tail lamp, but since the showroom guys are well known to me, I don't think it would be a problem
Old 14th August 2011, 22:09   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand

Thanks for the ideas bro, except that those reasons are actually true And I don't have a photo of the mosquito inside the tail lamp, but since the showroom guys are well known to me, I don't think it would be a problem
Ah! Nothing like a little contact within the dealership.
Then i think there is not too much to worry about.
It shall be solved within. Do post on their response and manner in which they wish to rectify this issue.
Will prove useful to us on the forum.
Thanks & Good Luck!
Old 15th August 2011, 17:34   #603
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Everyone,

FYI - I just wanted to pass on this information, just in case anyone found it useful. I met up with the Ultimate Detailerz guys and had a small conversation about detailing my car and also the regular care methods. The guys I met are young guys with full of enthusiasm for detailing cars. I also got to see their actual work in person and its awesome. I bought the below duster for my car and trust me, it was a good investment. I can now dust the whole car in under 10 minutes and it is really very convenient. Perfect for a quick clean up. The duster is made of microfibre and has a sort of wax coat to kind of "absorb" the dust. One wipe and you can see that it leaves almost no streaks across. Loving it now. Here's a picture.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-teambhp.jpg
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 18:42   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Everyone,

FYI - I just wanted to pass on this information, just in case anyone found it useful. I met up with the Ultimate Detailerz guys and had a small conversation about detailing my car and also the regular care methods. The guys I met are young guys with full of enthusiasm for detailing cars. I also got to see their actual work in person and its awesome. I bought the below duster for my car and trust me, it was a good investment. I can now dust the whole car in under 10 minutes and it is really very convenient. Perfect for a quick clean up. The duster is made of microfibre and has a sort of wax coat to kind of "absorb" the dust. One wipe and you can see that it leaves almost no streaks across. Loving it now. Here's a picture.

Attachment 593007
That looks like a very nifty thing to have. most of the times it is just dust which settles on the car, and this can be used to remove it. Only during the monsoons does the car really need to be washed everyday.
So how much did the duster cost?
and did you plan any other detailing to be done?
Old 15th August 2011, 19:10   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Everyone,

Attachment 593007
@Sudeepg: This looks cool. Please let us know more on the cost and from which dealer you procured this duster. I park my ANHC in our portico and it collects lot of dust in no time due to the movement of vehicles on the road in front of our house. So, I badly need one if it really saves my time on dusting it .

KTP
Old 15th August 2011, 19:13   #606
BHPian

Quote:
That looks like a very nifty thing to have. most of the times it is just dust which settles on the car, and this can be used to remove it. Only during the monsoons does the car really need to be washed everyday.
So how much did the duster cost?
and did you plan any other detailing to be done?
Yes it is. I found it quite useful for summer since it helps reduce scratches and swirls. The best thing is to reduce wiping the car as much as possible, but since that is not practical for most of us, this is a better option from my experience. I just glide the brush (no need to apply pressure) and the micro fibres pick up the dust easily. Also this duster has a long handle and therefore it is easy to finish dusting. In monsoon, as you said, the car needs a wash and the duster does not help much.

The duster costs about 1200 and the Ultimate detailerz guys delivered it at my doorstep. I am getting a 2 step detailing job done next weekend and therefore I was given a discount of 200.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 19:17   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
@Sudeepg: This looks cool. Please let us know more on the cost and from which dealer you procured this duster. I park my ANHC in our portico and it collects lot of dust in no time due to the movement of vehicles on the road in front of our house. So, I badly need one if it really saves my time on dusting it .

KTP
kirantp,

You can get the contact information and also look at their work on this thread on t-bhp
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

PS: I am not in anyway promoting these products or claiming associations with them. All the feedback given here are my personal experiences.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 20:38   #608
BHPian

Quote:
@kirantp

The system looks awesome! I recently enquired about the Caska for a friend and the honda dealer quoted 65+ charges, which we thought was too high. Which Honda dealer did you get this done from?

Also, thanks for your feedback about the product, installaiton process. I look forward to your review on the map and also how easy and fun it is to use the product.
Quote:
Oh now that is something i am looking forward to hearing. A good review on the navigation capabilities of the Caska loaded with MMI.
Also a small request, please post a pic of where the GPS antenna was installed.
Friends: I have posted my evaluation and initial review of MapMyIndia navigation here. MapMyIndia Navigation - Review

Please do read and let me know your views and feedback

KTP
Old 16th August 2011, 07:14   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Oh now that is something i am looking forward to hearing. A good review on the navigation capabilities of the Caska loaded with MMI.
Also a small request, please post a pic of where the GPS antenna was installed.
Here you go. The GPS antenna is installed on the front left corner of the Dash as shown in the pic below. Let me know if this is the ideal position based on your experience and suggest if otherwise so that I can go back to my dealer to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img_0720.jpg  

kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 08:33   #610
BHPian

Beloved fellow BHPians,

I am back from the short vacation. Excited to meet you all again.

Glad that the thread has been frolicking with action- in a much better fashion- without my interference!! Thanks Guys.

Kiran-excited about your Caska. Congrats. How about the 3D mats? Installed yet?

mdsaab- I have brought a few snaps etc. Give me some time to catch a breath-I will upload everything- hope you will like them-nothing grand I am afraid. Your techniques helped me make a 15.9 kpl overall figure.

The revelation during the vacation- Kerala has some fantastic roads too!! Unlike the moon terrain in Cochin.

Hope to bring some entertainment to you all!!

charthom.
Old 16th August 2011, 09:24   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Here you go. The GPS antenna is installed on the front left corner of the Dash as shown in the pic below. Let me know if this is the ideal position based on your experience and suggest if otherwise so that I can go back to my dealer to fix it.
Yes i think this is the most common and best place to have the GPS antenna.
Placing it in the corner over the centre ensures that the wire is not visible running across the dash, which would not have looked nice.

IMHO an internal antenna has to be placed at the front windscreen, so it can get a clear view of the sky. Giving you a better and quicker satellite lock.
Old 16th August 2011, 14:08   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Beloved fellow BHPians,

I am back from the short vacation. Excited to meet you all again.

Glad that the thread has been frolicking with action- in a much better fashion- without my interference!! Thanks Guys.

Kiran-excited about your Caska. Congrats. How about the 3D mats? Installed yet?

The revelation during the vacation- Kerala has some fantastic roads too!! Unlike the moon terrain in Cochin.

Hope to bring some entertainment to you all!!

charthom.
Welcome back mate. I will be going for the 3D Kagu shortly. And yes, am eagerly awaiting your post and pics of your recent vacation.

Cheers :-)
Old 16th August 2011, 14:10   #613
Senior - BHPian

Can't wait for the Pics.
And 15.9kmpl is fantastic buddy. Welcome to the club. How were the road conditions?
Old 17th August 2011, 18:04   #614
BHPian

Superb discussion going on here. I too owned a Honda City (VMT), iVTEC, going to be one year next year.

1. I might have missed - Any dealer of 3D KAju Mat in Mumbai please let me know and the prices?
2. Planning for a leather seat cover-Should i go for Stanley or should i get fitted from Honda dealer.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:19   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet
Superb discussion going on here. I too owned a Honda City (VMT), iVTEC, going to be one year next year.

1. I might have missed - Any dealer of 3D KAju Mat in Mumbai please let me know and the prices?
2. Planning for a leather seat cover-Should i go for Stanley or should i get fitted from Honda dealer.
3D kagu mats for the ANHC will be from 4.5 to 5K depending on the dealer and ofcourse your relationship with him.

Regarding leather seats. Ask at the dealers if they can do a exclusive type fitment. The Honda OEM is stanley. Opt for Leatherette it's cheaper and better suited to Indian conditions.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks