Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 10:26   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 694
Thanked: 2,013 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Yes, You guessed it right. It's the HID projector head lights. Waiting for the shipment for the last 10 days. It has to come via USPS. Will post the details soon I receive the package.
Sounds good TopSpeeder!

Are you sourcing them directly from VW Germany?
speed kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 10:59   #92
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 743
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Yes, You guessed it right. It's the HID projector head lights. Waiting for the shipment for the last 10 days. It has to come via USPS. Will post the details soon I receive the package.
Super! Eagerly waiting for it as you are!
nileshch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 20:34   #93
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Super! Eagerly waiting for it as you are!
I know, I will post all the details once I receive them

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Sounds good TopSpeeder!

Are you sourcing them directly from VW Germany?
No, I got this from theretrofitsource.com. It's an HID kit which I have to fix in the headlight.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 11:26   #94
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

The item are still with Delhi Customs from Dec 6, Not sure how long they will take.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 20:03   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,520
Thanked: 732 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

hey TopSpeeder, your detailing session results are just brilliant ! The car looks like it just came out of the showroom for the first time in the pictures

I noticed in your previous detailing session you used UC by hand and not with ur black and decker polisher. Is it because the B&D is very cumbersome to use ? Also will you get better results working with B&D ?
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 14:54   #96
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I noticed in your previous detailing session you used UC by hand and not with ur black and decker polisher. Is it because the B&D is very cumbersome to use ? Also will you get better results working with B&D ?
Thanks. Yes, B&D is not easy to use with 10".
It also vibrates lot in the RPM it rotates.
It goes to the extend of not able to hold in hands because of vibration.

So decided to use UC in hand. I completely agree that you would get better results with DA.

To reduce the vibration I have tried simple fan regulator attached to the plug point. But this time the 10' problem is still there. So it's just lying there in my garage.

I was planning to reduce the dia to 6", but not having enough time complete it.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 17th December 2012 at 14:58.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 15:31   #97
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 489 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post

To reduce the vibration I have tried simple fan regulator attached to the plug point. But this time the 10' problem is still there. So it's just lying there in my garage.

I was planning to reduce the dia to 6", but not having enough time complete it.
How about going for a velcro bonnet from the tailor. Then attaching any 6" pad to it and working? Since most pads have that velcro sort of backing isnt it?
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 23:03   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,520
Thanked: 732 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Thanks. Yes, B&D is not easy to use with 10".
It also vibrates lot in the RPM it rotates.
It goes to the extend of not able to hold in hands because of vibration.

So decided to use UC in hand. I completely agree that you would get better results with DA.

To reduce the vibration I have tried simple fan regulator attached to the plug point. But this time the 10' problem is still there. So it's just lying there in my garage.

I was planning to reduce the dia to 6", but not having enough time complete it.
So is it worth buying one for use say once in 4 months until i get a full fledged DA ? Does it help quicken the process of polishing and applying a sealant atleast?
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 10:41   #99
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
How about going for a velcro bonnet from the tailor. Then attaching any 6" pad to it and working? Since most pads have that velcro sort of backing isnt it?
Finding the right 6" pad might be difficult. Also I don't want to spend more on this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
So is it worth buying one for use say once in 4 months until i get a full fledged DA ? Does it help quicken the process of polishing and applying a sealant atleast?
I don't advise buying this. It's not great product.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 15:21   #100
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

My car has completed 44,900 kms on 28th Jan 2013, So decided to give the car for service.

I fixed appointment with PlaceCross, Rajaji Nagar, Blr on the same day.

They sent the driver who picked the car on yesterday morning 10:00 Am and returned the car around 5:45 Pm.

Thanks to their good service, the car was clean and all complaints addressed.

The bill was for Rs 9, 613 + Rs 200(pick & drop charge) + tip to the driver.

Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL-3rd_service.jpg
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 13:18   #101
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

My car met and accident on 8th Feb, someone banged on it rear RH when I going slow on a bump. I took the delivery on 2nd Mar. Excellent job by Palace Cross, Blr.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 13:33   #102
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Some pics during munnar trip
Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL-tea_estate_car.jpg
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 22:43   #103
BHPian
 
crazydave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 156
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I know, I will post all the details once I receive them

No, I got this from theretrofitsource.com. It's an HID kit which I have to fix in the headlight.
Hey TopSpeeder, eagerly awaiting details about the HID kit and your review of them! Your Munnar pic was just a teaser I'm hoping
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 16:26   #104
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Hey TopSpeeder, eagerly awaiting details about the HID kit and your review of them! Your Munnar pic was just a teaser I'm hoping
Sure, I did a lots of research in this. I wanted to write in full detail, but I'm not getting time to write. I will complete this week.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 10th April 2013 at 16:36.
TopSpeeder is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 14:46   #105
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL

I was looking for the tyre change since existing one worn out.
Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL-dsc_0086.jpg
Usually when I goto any car shop, I used to enquire on various brands tyre tyres.
In my Santro tyre upgrades, I have taken a risk of buying Federal tyres before buying Yokohama A-Drive.
But this time I want try little safer too

Based on the various inputs, I have sort listed following tyres and feedback in order
1).Continental - CPC2
- Mixed feedback, But I wanted to try
2).Bridestone - RE88
- Good Tyres, Longitivity is more. But has tyre Noise.
3).Michline Primacy LS
- Good Tyres, Soft side walls
4).Yokohama - A Drive
- I have already used in my Santro(5 Yrs Back), I have mixed opinion.
- I agree the longitivity

Among all these tyres, some how I decided to try Continental.
Since other tyres I have tried them one or the other ways.

Existing Tyre:(Happy it came for long life without any issues)
Brand : Apollo acelere
Kms done ; 48, 250
Life : 2 Yrs
Size : 185/60/15

Pros:
Long Life
Handled well all bad roads
Totally 4 punctures till end of life

Cons:
Noise level is high
Feels hard in road.
Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL-dsc_0087.jpg
Shadow Blue Diamond - VW Vento TDI HL-dsc_0088.jpg
New Tyre :
Brand ; Continental - CPC2(ContiPremiumContact -2)
Kms done : 50
Price : 5300(Each, Incl Balancing) + 260 (Alignment)
Store : Sree Balaji Tyres, JC Road, Blr
Compliment : Continental-Lotto laptop bag

Size ; 195/60/15(+ 2% to original reading)


Reason for this size:
I guess most of the bhpians recommend this, also GC is not lowered infact it's nigher now.

FE:
Need to verify this.

Initial feedback:
Noise level is low(or nil, only engine noise I could hear)
Ride quality improved a lot

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 15th April 2013 at 14:48.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Shadow Blue Vento TDI. EDIT: Injectors replaced, EGR valve cleaned @ 72,000 km! ninjatalli Long-Term Ownership Reviews 546 1st December 2017 10:37
The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT joslicx Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 25th June 2015 14:30
My Blue Saphire - Shadow Blue Vento Highline classic86 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 44 15th February 2012 20:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks