Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 13:10   #241
Senior - BHPian

Funtabulous review & simple loved the comparison pictures against OLD Alto. I can bring back the i10 hunting crowd to MUL. K10 has more all over 'rounded' feel to it than Alto800.
I genuienly wish that they had modified/changed the dash a bit.
Tyre upgrade is reasonable but better shoes can make this car more fun to drive.
Integrated hearests look at tad TOO tall, may be better when seen in person.
Wont be surprised if MUL declares this one as BEST selling car in its segment.

Raab Rakha.
Old 6th August 2010, 15:00   #242
Team-BHP Support

Great TD impression rated 5*

^^A-Star's steering has some feel and i personally think, it shall be better than Alto K10.
Old 6th August 2010, 16:26   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
If MS can launch a Automatic with the new Alto around 5L On road, it would be superb value add for all those who are looking for budget automatic. It would also cause a very stiff competition to the Over priced I10 Automatic.
What's the on-road price of i10 AT?
Ex.Show. Pune for Magna AT is Rs. 461,566/-. Yeah that's with 1.2 Kappa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Great idea PAAJI. This could give sleepless nights for marketing team of Santro xing AT.
Hyundai no more offers Santro AT!!

If Maruti adds AT to Alto K10, IMO it should not cost more than 40K additional. In that case it will be a steal deal! I think AT is reserved for AStar.

Last edited by HammerHead : 6th August 2010 at 16:32.
Old 6th August 2010, 16:46   #244
BHPian

The pricing point for Alto AT should be less than 4L and that of A* AT should be less than 4.5L. If this pricing isnt possible then it would be difficult for MSIL to cut into Hyundai's sales.
Old 6th August 2010, 17:04   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post
Dont think so.. It is mainly due to sharing of parts. I think this dash looks a lot like the Estilo's dash.
Does Estilo come with Airbags?
In all probability, this dash is no way looking like the Estilo's dash. And no, the Estilo doesn't have an airbag option.
Old 6th August 2010, 17:58   #246
BHPian

This is an AWESOME move from MSIL. I was so disappointed when the Alto 1.1 was discontinued. That was one pocket rocket. Seems the Alto 1.1 has a suitable contemporary now.

Any idea when it will be available for a TD at showrooms? I called Navnit Motors Thane right now. They have a car on display. Prices will be available tomorrow. But they have no clue when it's available for a TD.

PS - Do we also get a review of the Alto K-10 from GTO, considering that this one is quite comprehensive, informative and balanced too...

Nice pics TheMag.

...And so the temptation to buy the Alto K-10 begins.

Last edited by iceman7 : 6th August 2010 at 18:00.
Old 6th August 2010, 18:22   #247
Senior - BHPian

Checked out a display car today. Am impressed ! First impression in those 10 minutes was very fabvourable.

Really liked the front seat, the steering wheel and the driving position. The seat, pushed back fully is pretty easy to step into - am 6'2". And the high headrest felt quite comfy.

Played around with the gearshift a bit - it seemed better than that on the existing Alto.

Killer price .. around 3.5-3.6 OTR for the VXi at Calcutta.

Itching to drive one !!
Old 6th August 2010, 18:30   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R
In all probability, this dash is no way looking like the Estilo's dash. And no, the Estilo doesn't have an airbag option.
Don't know if K10 shares the dash with the Estilo, but the Estilo does have driver-airbag as an option with the VXi. ABS too is an available option.
Though it goes without saying that these options are rarely exercised by buyers.
Old 6th August 2010, 18:36   #249
BHPian

Have a question - came to know from maruti salesman that in additon to dashboard speakers in alto, additional ones can be fixed only on the rear parcel tray.
I was interested in fixing the additional ones on the rear door. He said its impossible. Is it possible to fix them on rear/front doors?
Old 6th August 2010, 19:09   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Have a question - came to know from maruti salesman that in additon to dashboard speakers in alto, additional ones can be fixed only on the rear parcel tray.
I was interested in fixing the additional ones on the rear door. He said its impossible. Is it possible to fix them on rear/front doors?
You can, but you need to cut the door pads and make speaker pods in it.
People have done it, Check out the ICE threads
Old 6th August 2010, 19:24   #251
Senior - BHPian

While the elongated front bonnet gives an upmarket look for the Alto, my doubt is whether this extension will cause problems when the car is driven on the below given type roads (from high/low set parking area to road or vice versa)
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-road.jpg  

2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-newaltok10.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th August 2010 at 19:27.
Old 6th August 2010, 21:24   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Don't know if K10 shares the dash with the Estilo, but the Estilo does have driver-airbag as an option with the VXi. ABS too is an available option.
Though it goes without saying that these options are rarely exercised by buyers.
Yeah, but these options (ABS+Airbag) came only with the revamp (Just like Wagon R's case). The older VXi didn't have those.
Old 6th August 2010, 21:52   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
While the elongated front bonnet gives an upmarket look for the Alto, my doubt is whether this extension will cause problems when the car is driven on the below given type roads (from high/low set parking area to road or vice versa)
Well yes it will be a problem compared to the previous Alto. You have to be a bit careful of the nose now that's all.

Not like it will scrape everywhere but where the older one did not this juts may.
Old 6th August 2010, 21:58   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Upmarket? really? ..OK!

Yes it reduces the approach angle but hopefully the 13" wheels will negate the effect.

PS: has the GC gone up?
Old 6th August 2010, 21:59   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you mean the front overhang! Wouldn't be much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post
I think this dash looks a lot like the Estilo's dash.
Here are pics for you to differentiate!
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-zenestilo2.jpg  

2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-alto_k10_05.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks