Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 17:05   #901

Re: 2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post

Wiring kit + headlamp upgrade(relay + Philips Rally Vision 100/90W bulbs) - 1500
Hella fog lamps + wiring accessories - 6300
Bro, While its has been quite sometime after your post, Can you please let me know where you bought the above 2 accessories and fitted them in Bangalore?

Appreciate your revert .

Also, would this be a better choice - it shows that, it is compatible with Also K10 - 2011 model - VXi
PHILIPS H4 XtremeVision G-Force Car headlight bulb (12V, 55W ) - Rs. 750 in lightning sale
https://www.amazon.in/PHILIPS-Xtreme.../dp/B07ZRRBXR2

Thanks & Regards
Baala

Last edited by baala : 11th October 2021 at 17:14.
Old 12th October 2021, 09:56   #902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baala View Post
Bro, While its has been quite sometime after your post, Can you please let me know where you bought the above 2 accessories and fitted them in Bangalore?
Apologies for an unsummoned response, but I would suggest you also give a thought to projector HID fog lights. If your fog lamp housing is good enough to house 3 inch projector setup - that is a far better solution and actual lighting upgrade overall. Given the price difference would come out to <2k INR generally, the extra money is worth it. I have this setup in my Alto K10 (the last generation facelift) and it is one of the best money spends I ever made.
Quote:
Also, would this be a better choice - it shows that, it is compatible with Also K10 - 2011 model - VXi
PHILIPS H4 XtremeVision G-Force Car headlight bulb (12V, 55W ) - Rs. 750 in lightning sale
All 55W bulbs will give more or less the same light output give-or-take. You can buy these of course, but please do not expect a world of difference. The claimed extra light, is actually compared to an old used bulb well past its prime. Even a cheap new halogen will give you improvement over your current bulbs.

Actual light increase will be achieved only with higher wattage bulbs (which are technically illegal to use).
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 20:01   #903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Apologies for an unsummoned response, but I would suggest you also give a thought to projector HID fog lights. If your fog lamp housing is good enough to house 3 inch projector setup - I have this setup in my Alto K10 (the last generation facelift) and it is one of the best money spends I ever made.
Thanks so much for the response, brother.... Always appreciate any guidance - Mine is 2010 K10 VXi - so I guess it should be able to accomodate one too....
Can you please suggest some options for best HID fog lights (not sure if I can ask this question, though!!) - can I do it in Maruti service station itself or should I get it done by 3rd party?

Quote:
All 55W bulbs will give more or less the same light output give-or-take.
Actual light increase will be achieved only with higher wattage bulbs (which are technically illegal to use).
Even the Maruti service center guy suggested the same to be done with a 12V 100/90W with rewiring instead of going with a 55W Nightbreaker option.... They will themselves do the rewiring also, it seems - seriously contemplating it.... (I didnt read the last line of yours )
Old 12th October 2021, 21:42   #904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much for the response, brother.... Always appreciate any guidance - Mine is 2010 K10 VXi - so I guess it should be able to accommodate one too....
Can you please suggest some options for best HID fog lights (not sure if I can ask this question, though!!) - can I do it in Maruti service station itself or should I get it done by 3rd party?
Yeah - the only doubt I had was - the 2010 Alto K10's fog lamp openings might be larger than 3" - the projector size. You can cut them to size of course if there are dummy caps right now. Check what best is doable. MASC will not install these generally. You'll need to get it done from a reliable accessory store / car electrician who knows what is to be done.

I had installed it myself in the car. You can have a look at the entire step by step write-up here - Link to my DIY thread. (DIY - Maruti Alto K10 - HID Fog Light Installation)
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 07:44   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Even the Maruti service center guy suggested the same to be done with a 12V 100/90W with rewiring instead of going with a 55W Nightbreaker option.... They will themselves do the rewiring also, it seems - seriously contemplating it.... (I didnt read the last line of yours )
I am surprised that Maruti guys suggested the 100/90W option. IIRC, it was done by their True Value division which is like a pariah of Maruti (I don't have anything good to say about them. Your mileage may vary). And every time we give it for service at the Maruti after sales service, the Service Advisor puts in a remark saying - 100/90W fitted, advice standard lamps, or something to that effect.

That said, I think you get appropriate heavy duty cabling for the 90/100W from Philips themselves. Before you go in for HID etc, you can try this upgrade with the bulbs and cable - if Maruti does it, well and good - get it on record in a proper bill - though I doubt it will cause any issues (may drain battery or tax the alternator a bit). Mine is a 2014 Alto K10.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2021 at 19:24. Reason: Abbreviations
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 10:24   #906

Quote:
Link to my DIY thread.[/url]
I went through your thread - that was a really good work there . Not sure the engineer inside me has that capability. Had I known this 3 years back when I was in Dombivli, I would have driven down to Pune and did this together.
Now I will have to find a reliable source in Bangalore to do this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I am surprised that Maruti guys suggested the 100/90W option.

heavy duty cabling for the 90/100W from Philips themselves. if Maruti does it, well and good - get it on record in a proper bill -
Thanks MVADG - Even I was quite surprised, but guess 'outsourced service centre competition' is the mother of 'innovative ideas' for these MASS also. While I doubt if they will mentioned a 90/100W in a bill, as it might get them caught in audit, I will check on all those aspects before doing it. Else will settle for a 55W Nightbreaker or Xtremevision itself.

The car is already in the service centre, as there was an issue with clutch unit and hand break (thanks to the swimming pool inner ring road from Koramangala - with 'nose to nose' traffic

Meanwhile, any recommendations for trustworthy wiring guys for HID in Bangalore is also welcome.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Please go through Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Thanks

Last edited by Sheel : 13th October 2021 at 11:07. Reason: Mod note attached.
baala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 12:13   #907

Quote:

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
Noted with thanks, Sheel. Apologies for the same.

I have gone through the forum guideline fully now and will be careful going forward
Old 24th August 2022, 23:35   #908
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping up thread but does anyone know if the wheel cover for R13 tyres across all Altos or Maruti cars for that matter are interchangeable?

My father in law's 2010 K10 Alto VXI has 155/65 R13 tyres on his car and due to some incidents over the years he's lost 2 sets of wheel covers so far. The last one was broken by his local mechanic who ended up replacing the wheel covers on his own dime. Right now as 1 of his 4 wheel covers is cracked, I noticed that the cover the mechanic had last installed doesn't look like the one in this review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
So is any 13" wheel covers going to fit? I see many options on boodmo and gomechanic but I'm not sure if all of those will fit the Alto k10. Any tips?

Here's the caps it has on
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-img20220824wa0006.jpg  

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 24th August 2022 at 23:37.
Old 25th August 2022, 10:31   #909
Senior - BHPian

If the tyre sizes are same, then the rims must be same (for example 155/65 R13).

So check the tyre size, if same then the covers are same.
Old 8th January 2024, 16:25   #910

Quote:

Thanks MVADG - Even I was quite surprised, but guess 'outsourced service centre competition' is the mother of 'innovative ideas' for these MASS also. While I doubt if they will mentioned a 90/100W in a bill, as it might get them caught in audit, I will check on all those aspects before doing it. Else will settle for a 55W Nightbreaker or Xtremevision itself.

The car is already in the service centre, as there was an issue with clutch unit and hand break (thanks to the swimming pool inner ring road from Koramangala - with 'nose to nose' traffic

Meanwhile, any recommendations for trustworthy wiring guys for HID in Bangalore is also welcome.
Hey Baala, I have been going through your posts and now wondering what did you finally settle for - 55W bulbs or projector fog lamps? I drive a 2014 Alto K10 in Bangalore and am looking for a headlights upgrade. I find the stock headlights (and stock fog lamps) are seeming inadequate on highway runs these days.

I am more inclined towards projector fog lamps, but need a trustworthy hassle free setup done by a professional. Let me know if you found anyone in Bangalore.

Thanks

Last edited by graaja : 8th January 2024 at 16:30. Reason: Fixing broken quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks