Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 14:22   #811
BHPian

re: 2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Hope you will post a pic of your setup when you get one. Cheers!
The one you have installed looks really neat. A temperature + humidity display would go well beside it.

I'll have to go in for service in a few weeks. I'll have Mandovi find and fit one for me. I will definitely put a picture after I get one installed.

Thanks.
Old 10th March 2014, 15:43   #812
BHPian

Can somebody recommend aftermarket headlamps for the K10, all owners would agree that the stock is pathetic.

Please suggest options and the cost to get it done from MASS since its still under warranty and dont want to get that voided by getting it done elsewhere
Old 10th March 2014, 16:38   #813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Can somebody recommend aftermarket headlamps for the K10, all owners would agree that the stock is pathetic.

Please suggest options and the cost to get it done from MASS since its still under warranty and dont want to get that voided by getting it done elsewhere
Since the car is in warranty, I would recommend you go with Philips Xtreme vision which promises to offer substantial extra light over the stock bulbs. The good thing is that it is of stock bulb wattage- 55/60w, hence it does not need any relays or special holders. It is just plug and play and will not breach your warranty as there is no modification required.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 20:36   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Since the car is in warranty, I would recommend you go with Philips Xtreme vision which promises to offer substantial extra light over the stock bulbs. The good thing is that it is of stock bulb wattage- 55/60w, hence it does not need any relays or special holders. It is just plug and play and will not breach your warranty as there is no modification required.
Thanks, will this help significantly over the current stock unit (not sure what make they are)

Also, can you pls advise how much this may cost at MASS and how much the lights themselves cost? Are these available as MGP?
Old 11th March 2014, 10:21   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, will this help significantly over the current stock unit (not sure what make they are)

Also, can you pls advise how much this may cost at MASS and how much the lights themselves cost? Are these available as MGP?
They might not be available as MGP. However, you can get them at good auto stores, philips dealers, etc. They should help significantly over stock ones. Cost will be between 1-1.5K. And since it does not involve any mod, fitting these is easy. No need to go to MASS for them
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 13:56   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No. These are NOT MGP. You need to procure it from accessories shop and they'll install it for you free of cost.
Old 23rd March 2014, 18:31   #817
BHPian

Question on engine knocking. Ever since purchase of our k10, i am noticing considerable clatter/ vibe that filters through the cabin.

The car after warmed up stays at 900rpm with vibes felt. When a/c is turned on, the problem only worsens. Is this problem inherent to all 3 pot k series. Require inputs if the idling adjustment is possible in ecu driven cars ?

The clutch/ throttle engagement is also not very smooth, in the interest of not burning the clutch when disengaged the clutch pre maturely causes shudder and the experience is not clean.Is there a way to address this issue.

Last edited by sriramr9 : 23rd March 2014 at 18:32.
Old 24th March 2014, 11:09   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Question on engine knocking. Ever since purchase of our k10, i am noticing considerable clatter/ vibe that filters through the cabin.

The car after warmed up stays at 900rpm with vibes felt. When a/c is turned on, the problem only worsens. Is this problem inherent to all 3 pot k series. Require inputs if the idling adjustment is possible in ecu driven cars ?
Hi, I have a 2010 vxi and while a 3 cyl will never be as smooth as a 4 pot havent experienced what you describe. I always let it idle for a minute before driving off and followed the running in tips and have changed oils etc on schedule. How old is your car?

Quote:
The clutch/ throttle engagement is also not very smooth, in the interest of not burning the clutch when disengaged the clutch pre maturely causes shudder and the experience is not clean.Is there a way to address this issue.
- again, have not experienced this, are you talking about half clutch maneuvres in b2b traffic? while downshifting for overtaking you may want to 'blip' the throttle which helps overcome the jerkiness
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 20:20   #819
BHPian

Quote:
while downshifting for overtaking you may want to 'blip' the throttle which helps overcome the jerkiness
Yes, Need to provide constant throttle inputs while half releasing the clutch and engine shudders heavily with a/c on and with payload, if for an instant throttle was not given. Also Accelrator pedal is not freely depressable, feel like some kind of a hindrance is there, if pushed beyond that the throttle gets pushed too much revving the engine unnecessarily.

I am having a terrible time with this problem. The car is 3 years old and 10000kms in the odo.
Old 26th March 2014, 09:24   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Need to provide constant throttle inputs while half releasing the clutch and engine shudders heavily with a/c on and with payload, if for an instant throttle was not given. Also Accelrator pedal is not freely depressable, feel like some kind of a hindrance is there, if pushed beyond that the throttle gets pushed too much revving the engine unnecessarily.

I am having a terrible time with this problem. The car is 3 years old and 10000kms in the odo.
Does not sound normal at all. Pls take it to MASS immediately.

10k in 3 years appear low, was the car stationery for extended periods?
Old 26th March 2014, 11:46   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even I had this feeling that throttle pedal is not going far. I discovered that the culprit was the plastic mat and the right wheel well. With my foot in comfortable position it would touch the wheel well and impede depressing the throttle, especially with wide toe sandals/shoes. So now I shift the foot a bit to the left.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:56   #822
BHPian

I also have the same issues and with AC ON and 3 on-board the car judders and the RPM fluctuates a bit.After I had a longish chat with one of the Senior Techs at Motorcraft( who I know was once part of the official Maruti Suzuki works Rally team) I realised that the ECU is calibrated to be extra lean for higher FE and to meet Euro4 norms. The solution is to always keep the RPM above 1200.
The strange slipping clutch is normal with the cable operated clutch installed in K10s.
I have reconciled myself to these flaws since I know I did not want to spend anything more than 3.6 lacs for a car at the time of buying and at this price point I am stupid and ultra-optimistic if I am expecting anything more than what MSIL gave me in an Alto K10. If I wanted a better-built product I should have gotten myself a Chevy Beat which came at the same price point after a bit of haggling. I chose Alto K10 and I have now made peace with the flaws.

Last edited by Yamahead : 3rd April 2014 at 19:09. Reason: Bad Grammar. Quality of posts need to be maintained.
Old 30th April 2014, 14:14   #823

Quote:

Hi Sriram,

Please take service consultation with authorized service provider. Today I felt very bad after consulting the service engineer. The service engineer said there is a problem with connecting bearings and could be with the half engine set. Total estimation is about INR 60,000/= it seems. My car is 3.5 years old with 17000 Kms odo. This is my first car and I didn't expect this type of issue from Maruti.  Planning to sell and I won’t prefer to go for any Maruti car in future.
Old 30th April 2014, 17:01   #824
BHPian

Query on the Service Intervals on the K10 - I've just covered 20000km on the AltoK10 and had visited the service center for a hard clutch issue. Despite the SA insisting that I get a clutch overhaul (6K ), I put my foot down (pun unintended) and got the clutch cable replaced (700 bucks for cable & labour). The hard clutch problem was solved and it felt like a new car. +1 for Team-BHP on opening eyes of car owners against clutch replacement scam!

While getting this replacement done, the SA said that I need to give the car in for the 20K routine service. I had the vehicle serviced @ around 12K in August 2013 and I felt I better wait 1 year or 10000KM (as per manual) before I give it to service. So, I insisted that its not due until 22000km or Aug2014.

Now I am doubting whether I interpreted the manual correctly - does it say
  • 1year or 10000km whichever is earlier
  • 1 year or "every" 10000km, whichever is earlier (in which case 20000km calls for a service)

The keyword here is "every" 10000km. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Old 30th April 2014, 19:08   #825
Senior - BHPian

^^^If the last service was at 12000kms in Aug2013, the next service should be done either by Aug2014 or before 22000kms, whichever is earlier.

Clutch overhaul @ 20K kms ? These guys are crooks of the highest order.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks