Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 15:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Also adding ABS and Airbags will negate the weight advantage it has over its counterparts.
You can't be serious here? Tell me you were kidding!
Old 4th August 2010, 15:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

Awesome !!! As GTO rightly said ,this looks like the actual successor to the old Zen.My advice to MUL-Stop making the Estilo .This car will sell more than that .

While I am happy about this new engined Alto,I fail to understand MUL's logic on the tires.Even though this car will be fun to drive ,it will be dangerous at high speeds and at the hands of inexperienced drivers with these skinny tires

I have driven the heavier Zen with 155/65r13 goodyear GT3 tires and I just gave them off within 2k kms to go for the 165/60r13 Potenza GIII.
Old 4th August 2010, 15:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review, theMag.

Does anyone know the feature list comparison of LXi and VXi ?
Old 4th August 2010, 16:02   #64
BHPian

Missing list in Lxi

Internally adjusted ORVM
Front Fog lamp
Front Power Window
Rare parcel tray
Wheel cover
Body color bumper
Old 4th August 2010, 16:04   #65
BHPian

Holy-Moly!

1. The head lamps are like miniature Ford Fiesta's.

2. The tail lamps are like those of a Chevorlet Spark but with an ugly extension.

3. The front fog lamp housing looks like from some other car as well (I cannot recall, maybe Ford Fusion?)

4. The air dam in the front bumper also looks copied (can't recall the car again).

What do you guys think?
Old 4th August 2010, 16:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
And yes, when does Maruti started copying designs like a Hyundai? The rear tail-lights are a straight rip-off of Beat's rear lights. And the Headlights often makes me think of Fiesta 1.6S headlights.
Bang on target buddy!

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 4th August 2010 at 16:08.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:08   #67
BHPian

Why is it half covered? !!
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-alto_k10_01.jpg  

2010 Maruti Alto K10 : Review-front.jpg  

Old 4th August 2010, 16:11   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Check the old Alto, its covered there too.But yes I don't know why, may be gurus can answer.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:14   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Check the old Alto, its covered there too.But yes I don't know why, may be gurus can answer.
Only the radiator and air intake need air that's why that half is exposed. The other half need not be open as it will allow dust and dirt to get straight into the engine bay. The radiator is small and covers only half the grill. The radiator also does not allow dirt to get into the bay directly from front.

And yes it was the same in the old Alto.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:15   #70
BHPian

A pocket rocket for sure!
Maybe MUL is not giving ABS and airbags not even as a option so as to not hurt the sale prospects of A-star.

Barely 3 hours since the review and already 5 pages! The K10 effect on us petrolheads or is it due to the superb review by Mag?!

Edit: Thanks for pointing out quadmaniac. And now stop laughing!

Last edited by aman9393 : 4th August 2010 at 16:31.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Great Power to Weight
Great Looks
Great Price

this one is going to top the sales charts all over again. I don't fit in an Alto otherwise I'd be all over this car right now!
Old 4th August 2010, 16:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
A pocket pocket for sure!
A pocket pocket ?

But yeah, this has the potential to set sales charts on fire!
Old 4th August 2010, 16:18   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow - to be honest, I wasnt prepared for this feedback! I've now cancelled a meeting(with pleasure!) to answer some of the queries you gents have raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Do the MID display fuel effeciancy(actual,Instant etc) temperature etc.
No fuel efficiency. All the analog meters that talk about telltale statuses- engine temperature, fuel level, odo etc. are integrated into this digital MID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
And what about straight-line braking - Did you get a chance to test that seriously and what did you feel?
I did test braking very passionately! Initially, the braking was a bit disappointing - but I guess thats to be expected when the pads/discs are cold and not yet warmed up. Once we got moving and clocked some kms, the brakes started to bite. From that point on, the braking was very effective in a straight line. However, point to note: the brakes were on the noisier side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Now, you mention that the gear shift is rubbery - have they not borrowed the engine, transmission+gear shift from A-Star, Estilo and Wagon R?
Judging from the pathetic gear shift quality, I am pretty sure they havent borrowed anything from the A2 segment. It seems that that have reworked the Alto gearbox itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

The prices mentioned are ex-showroom Blore ?

What is the weight difference between LXi and VXi ? Not 43kgs as speculated, I guess.

It would have been nice if they offered a ZXi version with Airbags and ABS. Would have made a complete buy even if price was around 4lakhs. Is there any technical difficulty in equipping the Alto with airbags and ABS ?
All prices are ex-Delhi as mentioned in the first post. Considering that the Lxi and Vxi variants differ only in trim levels, I am pretty sure the weight difference between them cant be 43 kgs !

Considering that the main aim for Maruti was to plug the 2.8-3.3 lakhs void, I'm sure they were disinterested in anything more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
I notice stereo in one of the pics, does it come included in the Vxi model. Pls. share some more info about the gear shift assembly, is it not the same which they have in the New Wagon R.
Stereo not part of standard equipment. Pl look the the clarification I've mentioned above for the gearshift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
just one question:
- Do this has a power loss while AC is switched on ?
No. I have already mentioned this in my TD report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Excellent review. Rated 5-stars.
I have a few questions;

1. Are the vibrations on the steering wheel and gear lever done with?
2. How do you compare the gear shift quality to Alto-800?
3. What about noise inside the cabin at higher speeds?
4. What about the luggage space? Is it identical to Alto 800?
1. No vibes. I have mentioned that the NVH was surprisingly low
2. No great change. Both gearshifts are equally pathetic
3. Only when I did some redline tests, did I notice the engine becoming fairly raucous starting from 4500 rpm onwards. Else, it was just the tyre noise inside the cabin. I've mentioned this in my TD report as well
4. Due to the redesigned tailgate/seats, they seem to have opened up a bit more boot space than in the Alto 800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Have they done away with the temperature gauge? I don't see it in the instrument console.
Please refer to my clarification about MID above in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I did think you missed covering the following:

1. Effect of increased length. How is the rear seat space (with front seat pushed to avg seating position). A side-on photo would have helped (similar to what is shown in most other tbhp reviews).
2. Boot space? Has the increased length improved matters here?
3. NVH levels during city driving and spirited drives. Asking this, since its a 3-cyl engine.
Already covered!

1. The recessed back of the front seats have carved up some 50 mm extra knee space for the rear passengers. Please check the photos in the initial posts showing this. I'll go through my archives to see if there are any additional pictures towards this
2. Pl refer above for boot space explanation. The increased length is mainly in the front to accomodate the K10. Interior space remains unchanged since wheelbase is unchanged.
3. NVH - discussed in the TD report and above

Thanks for the overall appreciation. Keep shooting if you have any queries and I'll see if I can cancel some more meetings to answer them !
Old 4th August 2010, 16:18   #74
BHPian

OT: There is a modified version on A-Star from Maruti, its 50k extra from the Vxi varient, have the pictures but will post later
Old 4th August 2010, 16:19   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Only the radiator and air intake need air that's why that half is exposed. The other half need not be open as it will allow dust and dirt to get straight into the engine bay. The radiator is small and covers only half the grill. The radiator also does not allow dirt to get into the bay directly from front.

And yes it was the same in the old Alto.
Did not know this and had NEVER noticed this in the old ALTO!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks