Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 11:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
the only thing i would like to see here is a fair portrayal of the vehicles used for off-roading since people unfamiliar with the sport/activity would be misled and get the general picture or by your inference that the Japanese SUV's are not good on sand.
I agree - every vehicle gets stuck, and using selective pictures of somebody else's misfortune/discomfort to drive home one's point is not in very good taste. There are innumberable pictures of Jeeps getting stuck if that is the path we wish to take. Besides, comparing a highly modded custom-everything jeep with regular LCs and Patrols is not what one might call an apple-to-apple comparison.

I believe this is an open forum and people should therefore be free to disagree with anything posted here unless the post is in violation of the forum's rules.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th May 2008 at 11:05.
Old 14th May 2008, 11:08   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikid View Post
I would appreciate if you keep such discussions away from this thread; My intention here is to share offroading pics; i am sure people are loving it.

Technical discussions / comparisons could be discussed in other forum.
You can't dictate the direction of the discussion as long the members are not off-topic. Ashwin is well within his rights to express his opinion.

Quote:
I should not have replied to your earlier post !
That is your choice.
Old 14th May 2008, 11:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

I wonder cleaning the car is a difficult task one can't do it without passion,removing all the sand and dirt,and by the time after a few days of cleaning/polishing the beasts the time comes again to go off-road how difficult is it to maintain the wear and tear of the car,I am sure with such hi-jumps and dirt filled lands and rough riding the sand and dirt might be entering the bearings,engine parts,sensors etc.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:06   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
I agree the Jeeps are pretty good on sand. thus is because of the difference in power to weight ratio in comparison to other SUV's such as the heavier Land Cruiser or the Nissan Patrol. in the pictures you had put up, the cars were in very awkward positions/spots which are not really a common sighting and are more probable due to carelessness on part of the driver or unfamiliarity of the particular area.

the only thing i would like to see here is a fair portrayal of the vehicles used for off-roading since people unfamiliar with the sport/activity would be misled and get the general picture or by your inference that the Japanese SUV's are not good on sand.

i agree the Land Cruiser has a relatively softer suspension for increased comfort for on road driving but then the Nissan Patrols, Land Rover Defenders(non jap), the Land CruiserII, the FJ cruiser among others are all amazing on sand.
Mr.Ashwin, I feel your theory is a bit blunt without any technical specifications.
In my experience, a Landcruiser has been a life saving hero.

Also, what is with this "portrayal" thingy? One needs to make a movie with japanese ,british and american 4x4s? And also portray the japs as the warriors?
Old 14th May 2008, 12:08   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
In my experience, a Landcruiser has been a life saving hero.
That's EKJJAAAAKLEEEE the point he is trying to prove Mahendra sir!!!
Old 14th May 2008, 13:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

And I wasn't arguing,Osama sir.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:58   #67
BHPian

well thanks guys.. it was nice being here. enjoy yourselves!
Old 14th May 2008, 16:23   #68
BHPian

Hey vikid, those are amazing stuff & beautifully caught on camera. waiting for your next set of pics, with a pair of eyes stuffed with envy.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:29   #69
BANNED

Are you not coming back?

Quote:
well thanks guys.. it was nice being here. enjoy yourselves!
Does it mean that you're not planning to be here? My god!
We will surely miss your pictures dude! :sad smilie:
Old 14th May 2008, 22:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

Almost all the stuck vehicles had tyres which look like regular road tyres.
Old 14th May 2008, 23:48   #71
BHPian

Beautiful Pictures. I would love to do this some day. Why are JEEPS so famous? If you ask a particular Jeremy Clarkson he would laugh his bottoms off (But then he hates American cars). Are land rovers famous? do they perform better? I heard they do.. would love to hear from an expert.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Does it mean that you're not planning to be here? My god!
We will surely miss your pictures dude! :sad smilie:
yes, as i started this thread to share pics only and i see it getting into contradictions with not polite remarks?
Old 16th May 2008, 01:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

Dude! don't mind. what if you got couple of weird remarks..rest of us 24k + members are enjoying every bit of it.
Old 16th May 2008, 02:05   #74
BHPian

Hey vikid,, that megatron,,,is it running on the same 3.8 block,, and in whicg garage has it been souped up?? if looks could kill....great snaps,

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing,,,like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th May 2008 at 03:48. Reason: Please see note in post.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th May 2008, 12:44   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Almost all the stuck vehicles had tyres which look like regular road tyres.
Actually, on fine sand, road biased small block tread patterns fare better than aggresive offroad patterns, as the latter tend to dig in quickly. The most important thing on sand is flotation, which is determined by vehicle weight, tyre size and pressure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks