Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 00:45   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikid View Post
this was an amazing trip with lots of action.. some pics are attached.
There are very few trees in that environment - why dyou guys want to try and bring down those that happen to be there? It wasnt like there was no other path available, or the tree led to an elevated path of some sort...
Old 21st December 2008, 13:51   #197
Senior - BHPian

Man I feel so bad knowing that I could have joined you for this outing. Awesome pictures and action. Good to see that you are enjoying your wheels in the way they are meant to be.
Old 21st December 2008, 20:09   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Man I feel so bad knowing that I could have joined you for this outing. Awesome pictures and action. Good to see that you are enjoying your wheels in the way they are meant to be.
i am trying to arrange something tomorrow; if its fixed then i will call you and we should meet around 4pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
There are very few trees in that environment - why dyou guys want to try and bring down those that happen to be there? It wasnt like there was no other path available, or the tree led to an elevated path of some sort...
dont worry so much; no damage done.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd December 2008 at 10:29. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 12th January 2009, 22:45   #199
Senior - BHPian

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th January 2009 at 22:48.
Old 13th January 2009, 00:07   #200
BHPian

hehe so its out on the forum finally. cant wait to hear what people have to comment about it. i say listen to it people, that exhaust note is pure music
Old 13th January 2009, 00:19   #201
IMP
BHPian

expected it to end up badly, surprised to see it end the way it did! amazing. and the exhaust note is music.
Old 13th January 2009, 00:32   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
hehe so its out on the forum finally. cant wait to hear what people have to comment about it. i say listen to it people, that exhaust note is pure music
It is an old video, you can check out the comments by members here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-o...tml#post674575
Old 13th January 2009, 00:43   #203
BHPian

aaah of course my memory problem is acting up yet again. thanks for the clarification.
Old 13th January 2009, 01:25   #204
BHPian

Some Neat Off Roading by some absolutely crazy people!!!
Keep it going and rocking well sanding er whatever!
Wish I could go on them Dunes some day :-(
Old 19th January 2009, 14:56   #205
Senior - BHPian

Images courtesy Joz from Team BHP and Ali elsewhere from the rideout last weekend (we ride out every weekend - I normally dont take pics myself):

(EDIT: Thats ~GT~ from the forum in the first pic with his LC GXR)

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2680.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2684.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2685.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2694.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2730.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2736.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2740.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2750.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2755.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_2787.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0930.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0931.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0933.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0938.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0948.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0957.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0958.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0959.jpg

Offroading images from Dubai-img_0912.jpg

Last edited by Steeroid : 19th January 2009 at 15:13.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:31   #206
Senior - BHPian

i see most of the vehicles are stock except that wrangler.

dont these stock vehicles have problems with the GC and the front and rear bumpers when driving in sand?

has any of the vehicle owners gone through any kind of desert driving skill courses offered by EDI and Belhasa?

cheers:
Old 19th January 2009, 15:41   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i see most of the vehicles are stock except that wrangler.

dont these stock vehicles have problems with the GC and the front and rear bumpers when driving in sand?

has any of the vehicle owners gone through any kind of desert driving skill courses offered by EDI and Belhasa?

cheers:
1. Mine is certainly not stock when you consider suspension. It has a 2 inch lift over its already large ground-clearance. Some of the others like the Tahoe are off-road spec (Z71) as OE.

2. Bumpers, maybe. GC, not most of the time unless the owner is stupid.

3. The group comprises of very experienced marshalls with decades of desert driving experience amongst them. You also have some intermediates and some newbies who are ably guided by the marshalls. EDI or Belhasa are not the only sources for desert driving skills - these are guys who practically live their weekends out in the desert.

On that particular day we covered nearly 140 kms on sand. Yes vehicles do get stuck, thats part of the experience.

Please note that this is not an amateur group.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:53   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Mine is certainly not stock when you consider suspension. It has a 2 inch lift over its already large ground-clearance. Some of the others like the Tahoe are off-road spec (Z71) as OE.

2. Bumpers, maybe. GC, not most of the time unless the owner is stupid.

3. The group comprises of very experienced marshalls with decades of desert driving experience amongst them. You also have some intermediates and some newbies who are ably guided by the marshalls. EDI or Belhasa are not the only sources for desert driving skills - these are guys who practically live their weekends out in the desert.

On that particular day we covered nearly 140 kms on sand. Yes vehicles do get stuck, thats part of the experience.

Please note that this is not an amateur group.
Points noted my lord, thanx for the detailed info.

would you recomend me taking lessons from EDI/Belhasa for desert/ off road driving skills?

cheers:
Old 19th January 2009, 16:12   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
would you recomend me taking lessons from EDI/Belhasa for desert/ off road driving skills?
Dyou have a 4x4? Or do you have a license and a 4x4 that is available for your use? Then join us on a weekend to get started. Or any of the other offroad clubs that have newbie drives. If you dont have either of these, you can still join just for the fun factor so we can have the pleasure of your company just as Joz joined us last weekend (and I suspect we will see him more often!).

It helps to get your offroad certification from the licensing authorities from a technical point of view, but for real learning there's nothing like getting into a drive.

Last edited by Steeroid : 19th January 2009 at 16:15.
Old 19th January 2009, 16:20   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dyou have a 4x4? Or do you have a license and a 4x4 that is available for your use? Then join us on a weekend to get started. Or any of the other offroad clubs that have newbie drives. If you dont have either of these, you can still join just for the fun factor so we can have the pleasure of your company just as Joz joined us last weekend (and I suspect we will see him more often!).

It helps to get your offroad certification from the licensing authorities from a technical point of view, but for real learning there's nothing like getting into a drive.
i just have a civic and no 4x4 vehicle, so i dont think i can bring that for off-road fun.

anyway once im done with my offroad certification, i would get in touch with you guys to learn real time off-road lessons.

thanx for all the info.cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks